• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Za'Darius Smith

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He is good at getting pressure...

That's about it. Preston smith was a much better acquisition.

Sorry Ice Bowl

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
If you’re secondary can keep opposing QB’s from throwing for about 5 seconds he’ll break the sack record

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Oh, and he’ll make your turf look like it’s made out of ice, so that’s kind of funny...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
He can. He had a really good year and can be very valuable as a matchup piece in a 3-4 IF he can confirm outside of Baltimore. And history says he probably won't unfortunately. I hope he does though, he is a hard worker and he had a really good year for us.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can he help my Packers get their team turned around especially on Defense?
He doesn't set the edge consistently and I still doubt his abilities as a pure edge rusher because he lacks AA.
Nonetheless he's a great interior rusher on 3rd downs and obvious passing downs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So you guys are saying he sucks basically lol?

Well no, he has his moments. It's just historically every Raven defender who left the Ravens defense scheme never succeeded outside of it. Paul Kruger, Dan Ellerbe, McPhee, and ZDS will likely add his name to the list of Ravens defenders who got overpaid but never lives up to the hype. Packers truly overpaid for him.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He's not bad. It will come down to how he's used, but he's not going to consistently beat guys if that's what you're expecting. He's a solid player, just not exceptional to me.

Our only good D player is Kenny Clark and Mike Daniels. We need all the help we can get. You guys always have a tough Defense! We need to get guys that were on Championship defenses!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's not worth the money that he got, but he can probably get 8 or 9 sacks if he's used properly. Just don't expect him to be your top pass-rusher and he should be a solid contributor on the defense.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So you guys are saying he sucks basically lol?
Nah, I was a big fan of his in the draft and held out hope for him, then his 2017 year he looked so bad flailing onto the turf that everyone turned on him lol, especially me.

But in 2018, yeah he was schemed a lot, and he can’t get pressure without scheming, but he was a physical force, he is just a really physically dominant player with relentless pursuit and motor. He’ll never be a double digit sack guy because you can’t leave him on the edge and depend on him to win 1v1, but with good movement around the front he will create a ton of pressure and he’s usually good to finish with about 6 sacks from those exotic blitzes. It really depends on your DC, but you’ll love his effort and raw power. Y’all overpaid but y’all got better when you signed him.