• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) Jenkins/McCoy
3) Benzschuawel

It looks as if this "ought" to be a realistic expectation. If these two are drafted first, we will have drastically improved the offense and aided Lamar Jackson immensely. It would be extremely forward thinking but I'd be loving it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really enjoy the break between day two and day three. Speculating about who is left, who might be there for our spot and the value for the remaining prospects....guys that perhaps should have been drafted but for some reason are still hanging around.

or the alternative - guys you loved even maybe as high as day 2 who for some reason keep slipping and eventually go undrafted and you never hear from them again and wonder what happened - that happens too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
1) Jenkins/McCoy
3) Benzschuawel

It looks as if this "ought" to be a realistic expectation. If these two are drafted first, we will have drastically improved the offense and aided Lamar Jackson immensely. It would be extremely forward thinking but I'd be loving it.

i just really worry at this point that no "guy" at wr is going to make it to our 3rd round picks and that we'll come away with literally no one we can realistically expect to have an early impact at that position - im starting to see lots of people speculate about where the wr run will happen but almost always it starts and ends between the ravens first 2 picks leaving not many potential options left even at our 2nd pick

id love the additions of those guys in the first 2 picks but worry about the opportunity cost of not grabbing a wr (and am especially worried that there may not be a worthy wr to pick once we get to the the 3rd round)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
or the alternative - guys you loved even maybe as high as day 2 who for some reason keep slipping and eventually go undrafted and you never hear from them again and wonder what happened - that happens too
Cedrick Wilson, Derron Smith, that one corner from Oregon who was first round hype til he tore his acl senior year and dropped into day 3 who’s name I can’t remember...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So I've got my predictions.

If we stay in the first, one of he following will be a Raven

Devin Bush(please no, this would be so bad and would tell me Eric is incapable of thinking big-picture)
DK Metcalf
AJ Brown
Garrett Bradburry(which I'd be fine with. I still think McCoy and Jenkins are better fits, but he's still a monumental upgrade from Skura)
Brian Burns(he shouldn't, but someone is going to fall)
Jerry Tillery
Cody Ford
Chris Lindstrom

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
The first round pick that would have me most surprised and at the same time filled with joy would be Winovich.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
i just really worry at this point that no "guy" at wr is going to make it to our 3rd round picks and that we'll come away with literally no one we can realistically expect to have an early impact at that position - im starting to see lots of people speculate about where the wr run will happen but almost always it starts and ends between the ravens first 2 picks leaving not many potential options left even at our 2nd pick

id love the additions of those guys in the first 2 picks but worry about the opportunity cost of not grabbing a wr (and am especially worried that there may not be a worthy wr to pick once we get to the the 3rd round)
The ravens could have in mind a perfect fit in the fourth round or later. I still feel there isn't much difference rounds 3-5. If you go receiver in round one, maybe.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
At pick 22 the past five years:
2018 - Rashaan Evans
2017 - Charles Harris
2016 - Josh Doctson
2015 - Bud Dupree
2014 - Jonathan Manziel

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The ravens could have in mind a perfect fit in the fourth round or later. I still feel there isn't much difference rounds 3-5. If you go receiver in round one, maybe.

i agree the difference between round 3 and round 5 isnt so big but honestly im more worried that the only guys left when we pick in round 3 are gonna be guys who arent worthy of that pick and that we end up (purely because that's how the board fell) with no receiver until round 4/round5 and you cant reasonably expect that guy to impact early (even if you might hope)

the issue im struggling with internally is that all the receivers who might make an impact early/are the most pro-ready look like they might all go in a run somewhere between 20 and 50 and unless we trade back we may well find ourselves having to start that run or miss out entirely

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is the 2nd time ive done this to you but...

alternatively the first round pick that would have be least surprised but most filled with trepidation would be Clelin Ferrell
Yes. Thats a tough one to get excited about. I agree.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
At pick 22 the past five years:
2018 - Rashaan Evans
2017 - Charles Harris
2016 - Josh Doctson
2015 - Bud Dupree
2014 - Jonathan Manziel

Trade back to number 26 and we have ourselves a future Hall of Famer.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Steve Kiem says he still don't know who the Cardinals are going to select with the first overall pick lol. I'm sure once he drinks on it, he'll know the right person to take.