• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Decosta fucking blows his first draft, szn iz ovr, I’m becoming a redskins fan because dan Snyder is more competent, done with this team, shoulda had the comprehensuv plan years ago
speaking of Dan Snyder, rumors have it the Skins are trying to trade into the top five. In DC where theres smoke theres fire and supposedly Snyder is running the draft in the 1st round this year ^_^ . BTW, Snyders son goes to the same school that Haskins went to.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
speaking of Dan Snyder, rumors have it the Skins are trying to trade into the top five. In DC where theres smoke theres fire and supposedly Snyder is running the draft in the 1st round this year ^_^ . BTW, Snyders son goes to the same school that Haskins went to.

They are getting Haskins but I just wonder at what pick. Be it a trade with the Jets to three or the Bucs at 5, assuming Raiders trade up with Cardinals to select Murray. I think Arizona ends up selecting Williams or Bosa, be it a trade down with Oakland or staying put at 1 and selecting them.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So I've got my predictions.

If we stay in the first, one of he following will be a Raven

Devin Bush(please no, this would be so bad and would tell me Eric is incapable of thinking big-picture)
DK Metcalf
AJ Brown
Garrett Bradburry(which I'd be fine with. I still think McCoy and Jenkins are better fits, but he's still a monumental upgrade from Skura)
Brian Burns(he shouldn't, but someone is going to fall)
Jerry Tillery
Cody Ford
Chris Lindstrom
This statement is laughable. Bush won't be available anyway, he's too talented. No way he is there at 22 so you don't need to worry

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
this is the 2nd time ive done this to you but...

alternatively the first round pick that would have be least surprised but most filled with trepidation would be Clelin Ferrell
So, I went back and watched four Ferrel games just to refresh myself on his game in the event that we might draft him.
PROS:
really really smart football player
some experience standing up and looks pretty comfortable and certain about his zone while dropping into zone coverage
works hard all the time....
good physical edge setter
will be a good contain player and overall run defender
always physical with great pursuit
has great off the ball speed/timing and general get off
has upside fighting with hands as rusher ...is continually working to gain an advantage
very quick and deceptive inside counter (swim) to burst to quarterback that he isn't afraid to use. He is quite adept here and my sense is that he is analytical/cerebral and plays in game chess concerning how he might beat a tackle
awesome off field and in the locker room by all accounts

CONS:
gets locked up one on one with good college tackles off the edge and can't get off
straight line speed but almost needs to stop completely when charging upfield and having to change direction
not much power so far as a bull
not always a wrap tackler if he doesn't get you head on and can easily be beaten in the open field
misses tackles in space because of his inability to change direction quickly...this happens one or more times in every game I watched and it is maddening to watch.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This statement is laughable. Bush won't be available anyway, he's too talented. No way he is there at 22 so you don't need to worry
Good, let some other team miss the point then. I know Bush is a good modern day NFL LB, but in the modern NFL you're able to find these players in the second and third historically. The first round isn't a place for those guys unless you have a Devin White level talent.

He's not too talented in my eyes. Good player, I don't see him amounting to a star though.

We need an ILB yes, but if we take an ILB over other key positions of need then why even bother fielding a line or WR corps. It's why so many took issue with the CJ Mosley pick even though we all knew he'd be good, and a lot of people were okay wth him walking.

It's not a laughable statement. Most teams don't build around their ILB anymore. They just don't. You have Seattle and Carolina as the two primary exceptions, but those two guys are hall of famers. I know Bush is good for the modern NFL, but the modern NFL doesn't need us taking those types in the first anymore.

We can get better value later, thus my point still stands. No thanks to Bush, no matter how good he is. If Bush is there, you don't rush to the podium, you trade back and let some other team take him

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
if packers wanted to trade from 30 to 22, would that require one of their 2nd rnd picks?.. edit, probably if we added in a 4th?

Last edited:
Reactions: cdp

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm gonna be disappointed if we trade out of the 1st today. Even though I think it would be the right thing to do, selfishly I just want to know who will be a new Raven.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm gonna be disappointed if we trade out of the 1st today. Even though I think it would be the right thing to do, selfishly I just want to know who will be a new Raven.
I think it only makes sense to trade out of the 1st if we don't want to draft an edge rusher. And it doesn't feel right to watch the draft without us drafting a player at all

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
if packers wanted to trade from 30 to 22, would that require one of their 2nd rnd picks?.. edit, probably if we added in a 4th?
No. 8 spots in the back third of round 1 is probably worth a 4th, maybe a 3rd but not more. The best you could hope is probably to swap our first third with their second and even that seems expensive.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think it only makes sense to trade out of the 1st if we don't want to draft an edge rusher. And it doesn't feel right to watch the draft without us drafting a player at all
As long as I get to see the Steelers screw another one of their 1st round pick I'm happy.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
There may be a buzz regarding a connection between The Ravens and Elgton Jenkins. After never appearing in any mocks that I've seen anywhere, He appears on Draft day in Daniel Jeremiah's mock and in The Walter Football mock seemingly out of the blue.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Rumor: Giants and Ravens looking at swapping 1st round picks. This is from Giants56Ravens52

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There may be a buzz regarding a connection between The Ravens and Elgton Jenkins. After never appearing in any mocks that I've seen anywhere, He appears on Draft day in Daniel Jeremiah's mock and in The Walter Football mock seemingly out of the blue.
I've seen him in other mock drafts as well as of late, but not only to us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As long as I get to see the Steelers screw another one of their 1st round pick I'm happy.
i imagine the steelers should be able to nail the shit out of this draft. they have a big choice of DBs they can choose at 20 that should all start as rookies and end up really good, this DB class has been really underrated in general, one of the stronger top ends for corners and maybe the 2nd strongest top end for safeties that ive seen in a while behind 2017. greedy, murphy, baker, ya-sin, and david long all look like day 1 starters, oruwariye and justin layne look like likely starters with really high ceilings. then at safety you have a wide variety, adderley could be the best single high type free safety since earl thomas(i know thomas played cover 3 mostly but his skillset has always been single high), savage and chauncey look like extremely high ceiling robber/nickel/rover types and chauncey looking like a sure thing with zero flaws, deionte thompson being the rangiest of all of them, abrams looking like a real deal throwback strong safety, just like... damn, what a class in rounds 1 and 2 for cb/safety, the steelers should be able to really crank up their pass defense in this draft, and im worried...