• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Rapsheet: From our NFL pre-draft coverage: #MSU pass-rusher Montez Sweat may have been misdiagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Two sources say the thickness of Sweat's heart wall is actually 1.5 cms, not nearly 2.0.

at least this has come out pre-draft - also sounds like this came from teams and not a recent development in terms of teams finding out he's likely actually ok - doesnt say much for the combine medics though - that's a pretty significant failing on their part

also from rapsheet: washington and atlanta are 2 teams that have shown desire to and done their homework on moving into the top 10

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Rumor: Giants and Ravens looking at swapping 1st round picks. This is from Giants56Ravens52
if this happens, there is basically a 100% chance that the ravens and giants have worked out a deal in advance in case the board falls a certain way, and the conditions are likely: brian burns or dk metcalf is the ravens target at 17, and both drew lock and daniel jones are available and the giants have no preference and are certain they can land one at 22. that said, id like to see his source.
There may be a buzz regarding a connection between The Ravens and Elgton Jenkins. After never appearing in any mocks that I've seen anywhere, He appears on Draft day in Daniel Jeremiah's mock and in The Walter Football mock seemingly out of the blue.
DJ doesnt "know" the ravens targets, but he seems to have a very good feel for the types of prospect the ravens covet. jenkins looks like he could definitely be a ravens kinda guy, mccoy always struck me as the "play like a raven" harbaugh/decosta type of guy, but if they wanna go raw power and nastiness and just plowing over defenders and eliminating guys right off the snap, then jenkins is the guy and it wouldnt surprise me. id still take bradbury because i think with all our moving parts it would be too much for defenses to read and execute if you add a center who can literally go anywhere on the field to seal off edges and spring a run. i like jenkins either way and would cheer for that pick, no question. the only center of the top 3 that i would boohoo a bit would be mccoy because i think hes just not as good as either of those other 2

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
now its time for me to watch a shit ton of dk metcalf and marquise brown so i can convince myself that they are good picks before we inevitably pick one of them.

i just have a goddamn feeling...

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
giphy.gif

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
i imagine the steelers should be able to nail the shit out of this draft. they have a big choice of DBs they can choose at 20 that should all start as rookies and end up really good, this DB class has been really underrated in general, one of the stronger top ends for corners and maybe the 2nd strongest top end for safeties that ive seen in a while behind 2017. greedy, murphy, baker, ya-sin, and david long all look like day 1 starters, oruwariye and justin layne look like likely starters with really high ceilings. then at safety you have a wide variety, adderley could be the best single high type free safety since earl thomas(i know thomas played cover 3 mostly but his skillset has always been single high), savage and chauncey look like extremely high ceiling robber/nickel/rover types and chauncey looking like a sure thing with zero flaws, deionte thompson being the rangiest of all of them, abrams looking like a real deal throwback strong safety, just like... damn, what a class in rounds 1 and 2 for cb/safety, the steelers should be able to really crank up their pass defense in this draft, and im worried...
Which is why they're going to take Isaiah Johnson.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Which is why they're going to take Isaiah Johnson.

fair enough.

for the record, i do not like isaiah johnson at all, one game of film and i almost puked. what the hell is he trying to do when hes in press?? he press covers like conor mcgregor throwing a right jab, he stands perpendicular to the receiver and just lunges his arm.... i have literally never seen press coverage like that in my life lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No. 8 spots in the back third of round 1 is probably worth a 4th, maybe a 3rd but not more. The best you could hope is probably to swap our first third with their second and even that seems expensive.
It's worth a 3rd round pick, but we would probably have to throw in our late 4th to even it out

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if this happens, there is basically a 100% chance that the ravens and giants have worked out a deal in advance in case the board falls a certain way, and the conditions are likely: brian burns or dk metcalf is the ravens target at 17, and both drew lock and daniel jones are available and the giants have no preference and are certain they can land one at 22. that said, id like to see his source.

DJ doesnt "know" the ravens targets, but he seems to have a very good feel for the types of prospect the ravens covet. jenkins looks like he could definitely be a ravens kinda guy, mccoy always struck me as the "play like a raven" harbaugh/decosta type of guy, but if they wanna go raw power and nastiness and just plowing over defenders and eliminating guys right off the snap, then jenkins is the guy and it wouldnt surprise me. id still take bradbury because i think with all our moving parts it would be too much for defenses to read and execute if you add a center who can literally go anywhere on the field to seal off edges and spring a run. i like jenkins either way and would cheer for that pick, no question. the only center of the top 3 that i would boohoo a bit would be mccoy because i think hes just not as good as either of those other 2

Although I agree the trade would worked be worked out already based on a contingency plan, I believe one player that could be a target could very well be Garrett Bradbury. I don't see him getting passed the Vikings, especially with Kubiak in Minnesota.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

fair enough.

for the record, i do not like isaiah johnson at all, one game of film and i almost puked. what the hell is he trying to do when hes in press?? he press covers like conor mcgregor throwing a right jab, he stands perpendicular to the receiver and just lunges his arm.... i have literally never seen press coverage like that in my life lol
His press coverage is text book compared to how susceptible he is to outs and back shoulder throws. Really raw and non instinctive.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

fair enough.

I didn't even bother with him. He was the main culprit on Antoine Wesley's highlight reel, was the guy beaten by basically everyone at the Senior Bowl... Looks stiff as a board... He's trash.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am hoping Cody Ford is there at 22 and we pull the trigger. He is the nasty LG we need. He can play Tackle in a pinch if we need him to and if we insert Boseman at Center then our offensive line will be set.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I am hoping Cody Ford is there at 22 and we pull the trigger. He is the nasty LG we need. He can play Tackle in a pinch if we need him to and if we insert Boseman at Center then our offensive line will be set.
How sad that we are hoping to draft a C just because we have a C already who would be a massive upgrade but we have no faith that the coaches start him over a total liability