• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simba

Staff Member
Mack Wilson and deionte Thompson are still available for some reason. I'd be happy with either of them at our first pick

I’m not shocked. I still like Thompson, but he was exposed against Clemson and teams are right to have some pause. To me, Wilson is a JAG. Nothing special about him.

Ravens Tex

Practice Squad
The De from La Tech. is a very solid pick. He has an incredible knack in finding the QB. The Hollywood brown pick sucks. I Questions picking 2 receivers when Lamar can't throw, however better to get a guy that can rebound one of his wounded jump balls.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That was literally just posted as a highlight for someone we just drafted, not designed to change your mind. If you're honestly comparing him to Waller and Scott then you've already made up your mind that he's a bust and nothing is going to change that.
not true. i change my mind on prospects all the time. and it usually comes after we draft them when i start looking at them with the purple tinted glasses on. shouldnt be hard to change my mind

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m not shocked. I still like Thompson, but he was exposed against Clemson and teams are right to have some pause. To me, Wilson is a JAG. Nothing special about him.
im not the biggest fan of mack wilson, but i think hes gonna be a starter. hes very instinctive in coverage.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here are notes on Boykin from two games I watched.

He is moved around. Plays both sides outside and some slot. a little motion stuff and even some H-Back. He appears labored off the line consistently and does not come close to showing the athleticism he showed at The combine.

He is routinely hip pocketed by db's and is not able to get separation with any regularity.
He is physical and an above average blocker for a receiver. I see no evidence of him being especially good after the catch. Again, a straight line and straight almost stiff runner.

Good stuff: He has good and very strong hands. Physical with db's. very good at coming down with the 50/50 and Notre Dame will throw it up for him when he is covered. Excellent back shoulder release and last minute separation. Is capable of spectacular grab. Good in traffic and willing to take big hit. Makes grabs in soft spots between zones.

Looking forward to watching more. He seems like a third down and possession type receiver that can come down with contested catches one on one. It may be unfair to say but my sense is that may have been a bit of a consolation prize for missing out on Arcega- Whitside. Which is to say that The Ravens probably had Marquise Brown paired with this sort of receiver( in their plans) for awhile.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So we've done the following

Replace Weddle with Thomas = Upgrade

Replaced Z.Smith with Ferguson = I have my doubts and that's flattering z.smith

Replaced John Bown with Hollywood= Upgrade but remains to be seen regarding lamars ability to make use of him

No CJ replacement and this will be a weak point this year, deal with it, accept it. Kenny young sucks

Boykin replaces crabtree = Wash ( i think boykin is a bad pick, period.)

Have we improved a lot? no, not really. Other teams have done more

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So we've done the following

Replace Weddle with Thomas = Upgrade

Replaced Z.Smith with Ferguson = I have my doubts and that's flattering z.smith

Replaced John Bown with Hollywood= Upgrade but remains to be seen regarding lamars ability to make use of him

No CJ replacement and this will be a weak point this year, deal with it, accept it. Kenny young sucks

Boykin replaces crabtree = Wash ( i think boykin is a bad pick, period.)

Have we improved a lot? no, not really. Other teams have done more
I think you’re underselling marquise brown and I’m not necessarily a huge fan of the pick.

Also, what gives you reason to say Kenny Young sucks and that we should just face it? For a stretch he was one of our best defenders, he hit a rookie wall and peanut went on a hot streak, no reason to think he sucks, he also looked about 10lbs heavier all muscle in the offseason training video