• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
4th round: Michael Jordan, Anthony Nelson. Trayveon Williams
5th: Lamont Gaillard
6th: Corey ballentine

Letsgoooo

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
As ferguson is basically jarvis jones 2.0 and Tyus Bowser is a joke we need another pass rusher and anthony nelson or maxx crosby wouldn't be awful.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
So you all are saying Boykin is the new Clarence Moore? Nice. I can only hope Brown plays as well as my dog Yamon Figurs. Loving this draft

rossihunter2

Staff Member
best guys left on my board moving into day 3:

• Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
  • Hakeem Butler
  • Deionte Thompson
  • Mack Wilson
  • Riley Ridley
  • Kelvin Harmon
  • Emmanuel Hall
  • Beau Benzschawel
I think Beau is our best bet at getting an impact IOL with what's left on the board

there's still some really interesting wrs still on the board beyond the guys above - i mean is there a chance we end up grabbing another one in day 3 at some point if the value's off the charts?

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
best guys left on my board moving into day 3:

• Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
  • Hakeem Butler
  • David Montgomery
  • Deionte Thompson
  • Mack Wilson
  • Riley Ridley
  • Kelvin Harmon
  • Emmanuel Hall
  • Beau Benzschawel
I think Beau is our best bet at getting an impact IOL with what's left on the board

there's still some really interesting wrs still on the board beyond the guys above - i mean is there a chance we end up grabbing another one in day 3 at some point if the value's off the charts?
Montgomery is a Bear

Ok ..currently trying to set up my mind about our selections without any bias/purple lenses.

I can get over the Brown's pick simply because the guy gets open no matter the route no matter the stance.
Biggest problem is the scheme as I'd much rather have had Butler to play outside, stretch the field AND win jump balls. That would ve been a pretty complete profile for our WR group.
Like Joey wrote, post draft interview was particularly positive to see and I got the feeling my suspects of him being a diva and trying to emulate the cousin are basically erased.

Cannot comment too much about the next two as I have a small sample size of tapes behind my back.
But I just can't like either pick.
I used to love the Waller pick because of what he offered physically and because he was part of an extremely limited scheme at GT which saw him running only go tos and comebacks. Literally.
On top of it, he was a 6th rounder.
Boykin has only been running verticals as well so it's going be hard to tell whether he can separate at the next level or not.
His big frame and limited usage didn't do him any favor. Still think Butler had a far better release and much higher cieling (and damn fuck we would still have those 6th rounders, too).
I would've even gotten Oruwariye before Boykin, despite the already solid unit.

Like I said I'll give these guys anlther shot as I inform myself better but have to agree with Joey that Ferguson looks pretty much a one-dimensional, stiff, edge rusher.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Deebo was my fav wr and hollywood was my 2nd..im happy we got one of them because like i said before, there are some 2nd rnd and 3rd wrs that look far better than majority of the 1st rnd projected wrs and may teams also thought the same

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So we've done the following

Replace Weddle with Thomas = Upgrade

Replaced Z.Smith with Ferguson = I have my doubts and that's flattering z.smith

Replaced John Bown with Hollywood= Upgrade but remains to be seen regarding lamars ability to make use of him

No CJ replacement and this will be a weak point this year, deal with it, accept it. Kenny young sucks

Boykin replaces crabtree = Wash ( i think boykin is a bad pick, period.)

Have we improved a lot? no, not really. Other teams have done more
I dnt know if hollywood is an upgrade. Brown was nice and could catch contested catches alot. he was always a bettee version of torrey smith in my eyes. I like hollywood but in our system, idk how he is gonna look

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Boykin has only been running verticals as well so it's going be hard to tell whether he can separate at the next level or not.
His big frame and limited usage didn't do him any favor. Still think Butler had a far better release and much higher cieling (and damn fuck we would still have those 6th rounders, too).

i agree with you that butler's a guy i would have preferred but its pretty basic (and incorrect) to say boykin only runs verticals - ive seen a fairly various route tree in the limited film ive watched since the pick already

butler would have had me incredibly excited but boykin's still intriguing because of the hands, the subtle route running tools he uses already and that speed - and especially the conservation of that speed when he changes direction

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As ferguson is basically jarvis jones 2.0 and Tyus Bowser is a joke we need another pass rusher and anthony nelson or maxx crosby wouldn't be awful.
maxx crosby is as much a project as ive ever seen. dude can fly off the ball fast enough to make himself a 6th but beyond that id say hes a reach, way too much development needed there

i agree with you that butler's a guy i would have preferred but its pretty basic (and incorrect) to say boykin only runs verticals - ive seen a fairly various route tree in the limited film ive watched since the pick already

butler would have had me incredibly excited but boykin's still intriguing because of the hands, the subtle route running tools he uses already and that speed - and especially the conservation of that speed when he changes direction

Well as I said I just started to watch him and in both the Clemson and Vandy tape he did run a ton of verticals.
I'm a tad busy today so it will lilely take me a few days before to have an extensive picture

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont know if you guys can tell but im absolutely pumped about this draft so far

if we can grab beau of lamont gaillard on day 3 ill be hyped
nah I feel somewhat disappointed. I didn't bother watching the draft anymore after the Ferguson pick. Then I found out we overdrafted Boykin smh... raw release and route running.
but hey at least we didn't draft a special teamer in 3rd round like the jags

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
What i don't like about boykin and it's blatent is how easily his ass is kicked off the line for a big guy

nah I feel somewhat disappointed. I didn't bother watching the draft anymore after the Ferguson pick. Then I found out we overdrafted Boykin smh... raw release and route running.
but hey at least we didn't draft a special teamer in 3rd round like the jags

I went on watching because it wouldn't make sense to invest so much effort and sleep for half of the picks. But yeah I've been quite underwhelmed too