• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
4th round: Michael Jordan, Anthony Nelson. Trayveon Williams
5th: Lamont Gaillard
6th: Corey ballentine

Letsgoooo
I watched a little of Michael Jordan from 2017 (guard) and literally could not stand to watch anymore. He looked awful.
I could get on board with Traveon for sure and Nelson on day three has good value.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Some names still being available on Day 3 right now it's just bizarre. I could live with Deon Cain last year because he has somz character stuff. But Hakeem Butler, Kelvin Harmon, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Mack Wilson, Deionte Thompson... So many names that were borderline first round picks.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think this could be the worst class in years unless we pull something nice out of the hat today. I'm not a fan of michael jordan either. Which means we'll probably draft him because you know?

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
look at his 10 yard time

it's bad

i get we have been inspired by the orlando brown route but orlando was never in great shape and he played against top notch guys

jaylon ferguson just doesn't strike me as an impact rusher at this level.

His 10 yard split was 1.69. Joey Bosa 10 yard split was 1.68. Tell me why should I be concerned?

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Imo the biggest trait we need to see out of small school guys is the desire to learn and get better. The competition and coaching at those levels is not as great, so the player has a great chance to grow in the NFL. Look at Judon, small school guy with big numbers. We coached him up and now we're gonna turn him into a 3rd round comp.

If I was Ferguson I probably would stick to my bull rush too since it got me 45 sacks in college. He'll see he needs to do more in the NFL and will grow The dude was helping tornado victims on the day of the draft when plenty of other people were comparing how their suits looked. That already tells me he has the proper mindset.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Plus converting speed to power goes far beyond just a bull rush. The Bosa brothers for example get by on their ability to do this to compensate for a lack of overall explosiveness. Not saying he’s that good, he’s not, the Bosas were basically finished products coming out of school. Ferguson isn’t necessarily as raw as some would indicate, but he’s in need of some coaching.

I agree, Turd Ferguson needs to be coached up, he’s not perfect, but to deny upside is simply asinine.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to take another edge defender. Christian Miller is who’d I’d be pounding the table for right here.

We need OL badly but there’s still some pieces. Lot of pieces I’d trust the coaches to work with tbh

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to take another edge defender. Christian Miller is who’d I’d be pounding the table for right here.

We need OL badly but there’s still some pieces. Lot of pieces I’d trust the coaches to work with tbh
Miller is a good football player.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Julin Love still around along with De'andre Walker. Anyone watch Julian Love?
I love his game. I didn't get to study him in depth but watched a lot of Notre Dame since I love Coney, Tillery and Boykin. Love is a guy that pops a lot and just doesn't do any mistake. A lot of control in his game.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
i dont know if you guys can tell but im absolutely pumped about this draft so far

if we can grab beau of lamont gaillard on day 3 ill be hyped
Same here brother. I just need us to draft a good IOL to avoid any stress and I'll be super happy. I can almost already said EDC had an insane offseason. I'm a fan.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Same here brother. I just need us to draft a good IOL to avoid any stress and I'll be super happy. I can almost already said EDC had an insane offseason. I'm a fan.
And there's plenty left that I like. Samia, Beau, Gaillard, Jordan, Piersbacher(or however you spell it). I'm really not worried about it, and won't be until we inevitably ignore it again.

Though I maintain that Bozeman will be a starter in some capacity this season, and he's a clear upgrade over Hurst and Skura, and I do think we draft at least one, and frankly any of the guys above could be starters here.

Frankly, I'm not loving this draft, but it is providing a good foundation for the team in my eyes. It's weird to draft WRs like Boykin and Brown who can... you know. Catch the ball and get open.