• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What will the Ravens do at the 22nd pick in Round 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Day 1: Thursday April 25th - 8:00 pm ET
Day 2: Friday April 26th - 7:00 pm ET
Day 3: Saturday April 27th - Noon ET

NFL Network, ESPN, ABC

This thread has some rules... Please read them

• There are NO SPOILERS in this thread before the broadcast catches up
  • (we realise that insiders sometimes drop the picks before they are shown on the broadcast and request posters to abstain from posting that information in this thread on draft night until after the pick has been broadcast)
  • Initially verbal warnings and deleting of posts will be levied but consistent spoiling early will escalate moderator responses and potentially lead to suspension
  • The no spoilers rule applies to days 1 and 2 of the draft - if you are not interested in the broadcast you are free to post spoilers elsewhere in the forum but not on this thread
  • This rule does not apply on day 3 because of how behind the broadcast runs but as always please be considerate of your fellow posters
Wishing us all a happy draft weekend and hopefully we'll all be happy come Sunday.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I assume all and any speculation prior to Thursday goes here? Anyway, now there are new reports of a "surprise pick" by the Raiders at 4 according to Rap Sheet. He even says that nobody has mocked this player or position to them.

Rapoport expounded:

"That is what I understand. A pick at No. 4 that we are not expecting," he said. "So what that actually is, I do not know. I have some thoughts. Maybe that's Devin White. Maybe it's a quarterback like Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray if he's there. Maybe it's an offensive lineman. No one has mocked them there -- a tackle perhaps. But from what I understand it is a pick that should surprise us at 4."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nfl-draft-buzz-raiders-planning-surprise-pick

JO_75

Hall of Famer
As DJ himself has said many times: believe nothing you hear or see in the couple of weeks leading up to the draft

at this point honestly my best guess is that the raiders dont even pick at number 4...

I'm thinking the same thing, hell I'm thinking the Cardinals con the Raiders and the Raiders draft Murray at 1 allowing the Cardinals to get Williams or Josh Allen at 4.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I assume all and any speculation prior to Thursday goes here? Anyway, now there are new reports of a "surprise pick" by the Raiders at 4 according to Rap Sheet. He even says that nobody has mocked this player or position to them.

Rapoport expounded:

"That is what I understand. A pick at No. 4 that we are not expecting," he said. "So what that actually is, I do not know. I have some thoughts. Maybe that's Devin White. Maybe it's a quarterback like Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray if he's there. Maybe it's an offensive lineman. No one has mocked them there -- a tackle perhaps. But from what I understand it is a pick that should surprise us at 4."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nfl-draft-buzz-raiders-planning-surprise-pick
All I read was maybe it's this guy, maybe it's that guy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Decosta fucking blows his first draft, szn iz ovr, I’m becoming a redskins fan because dan Snyder is more competent, done with this team, shoulda had the comprehensuv plan years ago

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Decosta fucking blows his first draft, szn iz ovr, I’m becoming a redskins fan because dan Snyder is more competent, done with this team, shoulda had the comprehensuv plan years ago
This is not funny at all. However, you'll be coming back quickly with your tail between your legs, Trust me. lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
bugs-bunny-diciendo-no-meme.jpg

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Well. Eric gets a test. If he blows this... I'm going to worried for the next five years.

This draft may be weak across the board, but it's strongest with our biggest positions of need. Interior oline and pass rushers. For the sake of our identity, and for Lamar Jackson, we need to protect him, and give him a defense that can allow us to keep pounding the rock.

To me, this draft is going to be an absolute failure if we don't address the trenches, and when I say address, I mean I want the oline to never be a worry for Lamar like it was for Joe in the later years here, and I want the pass rush to not be manufactured anymore. Trading back to me to acquire significant capital is the right move to me. I do think we don't pick in round one, there's only five prospects I could see us taking in the bottom half of the first round that would be worth the fifth year option(for those interested. Tillery, Simmons, Ford, Lindstrom, Burns). Guys like Chase Winovich, Deebo Samuel, Clelin Ferrell, should be there at the top of the second if we choose to trade back.

WRs: better in the middle rounds. Some will say we need multiple, getting a guy is all we should really be focused on. Like I've said previously, those two TEs will autogenerate a passing game if we have a guy who can stretch the field. Other pieces for the sake of depth could be in the works, but for me it's a waste to spend multiple pieces here in this particular draft. Plus, we should at least give Jordan Lasley and company a chance. He does have some talent unlike other mid-round WRs(Chris Moore)

ILB: Yeah, Kenny Young had his moments. Let's see if we can sustain them. Otherwise we could just go splurge on a LB next year in FA with "fuck you money" we will have.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I've been so focused on the forum mock, I haven't really looked into any of the top prospects for the Ravens. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the hot takes.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well. Eric gets a test. If he blows this... I'm going to worried for the next five years.

This draft may be weak across the board, but it's strongest with our biggest positions of need. Interior oline and pass rushers. For the sake of our identity, and for Lamar Jackson, we need to protect him, and give him a defense that can allow us to keep pounding the rock.

To me, this draft is going to be an absolute failure if we don't address the trenches, and when I say address, I mean I want the oline to never be a worry for Lamar like it was for Joe in the later years here, and I want the pass rush to not be manufactured anymore. Trading back to me to acquire significant capital is the right move to me. I do think we don't pick in round one, there's only five prospects I could see us taking in the bottom half of the first round that would be worth the fifth year option(for those interested. Tillery, Simmons, Ford, Lindstrom, Burns). Guys like Chase Winovich, Deebo Samuel, Clelin Ferrell, should be there at the top of the second if we choose to trade back.

WRs: better in the middle rounds. Some will say we need multiple, getting a guy is all we should really be focused on. Like I've said previously, those two TEs will autogenerate a passing game if we have a guy who can stretch the field. Other pieces for the sake of depth could be in the works, but for me it's a waste to spend multiple pieces here in this particular draft. Plus, we should at least give Jordan Lasley and company a chance. He does have some talent unlike other mid-round WRs(Chris Moore)

ILB: Yeah, Kenny Young had his moments. Let's see if we can sustain them. Otherwise we could just go splurge on a LB next year in FA with "fuck you money" we will have.
really stupid idea. Just because we have the money, doesn't mean we should splurge on an ilb in fa.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
really stupid idea. Just because we have the money, doesn't mean we should splurge on an ilb in fa.
As opposed to drafting Devin Bush over far more important positions of need? That’s how you continue to be in NFL purgatory. Especially when the crop of FA ILBs next year is lush with a lot of names that we can use to replace CJ, and are better players rn than Bush likely will ever be? Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith, Bobby Wagner, Deion Jones, Danny Trevethan. Sure some of those names are unlikely to leave, but it’s a deep FA class; and some of those teams won’t be able to afford those players.

It’d be dumber not to get a name from that crop.!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As opposed to drafting Devin Bush over far more important positions of need? That’s how you continue to be in NFL purgatory. Especially when the crop of FA ILBs next year is lush with a lot of names that we can use to replace CJ, and are better players rn than Bush likely will ever be? Myles Jack, Jaylon Smith, Bobby Wagner, Deion Jones, Danny Trevethan. Sure some of those names are unlikely to leave, but it’s a deep FA class; and some of those teams won’t be able to afford those players.

It’d be dumber not to get a name from that crop.!
Where did I say draft Bush over more positions of need. Don't put words in my mouth. If you are going to go out and overspend for a LB in free agency, then just sign CJ this year. Ridiculous statement to overspend and yes those players will not leave.

I would love to draft Cashmen and think he is going to be a steal and yes, I like Bush, but feel we have more positions of need. That being said we don't know who will be available at 22 but I'll never be an advocate of overspending in free agency. Remember who I used to root for and it never worked for them either. A large percentage of free agents end up being bad signings anyway. Several of the lineman you wanted to sign a couple of years ago ended up being bad signings.

And yes, none of those players will be available in free agency. You are dreaming if you think they will leave. I believe we will end up signing Zach Brown after the draft, wouldn't be surprised if we have a hand shake deal in place with him now. Now that's a signing I could get on board with. i wanted him a couple years ago.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where did I say draft Bush over more positions of need. Don't put words in my mouth. If you are going to go out and overspend for a LB in free agency, then just sign CJ this year. Ridiculous statement to overspend and yes those players will not leave.

I would love to draft Cashmen and think he is going to be a steal and yes, I like Bush, but feel we have more positions of need. That being said we don't know who will be available at 22 but I'll never be an advocate of overspending in free agency. Remember who I used to root for and it never worked for them either. A large percentage of free agents end up being bad signings anyway. Several of the lineman you wanted to sign a couple of years ago ended up being bad signings.

And yes, none of those players will be available in free agency. You are dreaming if you think they will leave. I believe we will end up signing Zach Brown after the draft, wouldn't be surprised if we have a hand shake deal in place with him now. Now that's a signing I could get on board with. i wanted him a couple years ago.
I think Lost just assumed you'd draft Bush because White will be long gone by the time we're otc. I'd rather pick up an udfa LB than draft one. This year in my eyes it's either Bush, White or UDFA. I could live with Zach Brown, Young, Peanut and an UDFA guy.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

I never said you said that. I’m just saying if that’s this team’s mentality we are fucked. Good player but long-term planning wise not a good move.

Um. No. The big name I wanted was Larry Warford. a dream fit in this scheme and he’s done nothing but make two pro bowls since then and has paved the way for Kamara and Ingram in NO. Andrew Norwell has been outstanding. Brian Winters has been a solid rock, Zeitler has been a hell of a lot better than anyone we have had. JC Tretter has a reasonable contract. My major miss was Wagner...... who I’d still much rather have than Brandon Williams even if he isn’t a scheme fit anymore. If anything I’ve been proven right. Any one of those guys would’ve been far superior than keeping B. Williams.

Honestly forgot Brown was a FA, but my guy is telling me that we are rolling with Kenny and Peanut. And Kenny isn’t the one I’m worried about.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
To add onto this. I don’t want to hear about Ryan Jensen. He may have been overpaid, but he was on a team who’s offensive scheme was so hilariously incompetent at times. Had he been who knows what they’re doing(us again), he’s probably a lot better.

Certainly better than Skura who damn near singlehandedly tanked our season

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
And there's 3 days of the draft to enjoy
I really enjoy the break between day two and day three. Speculating about who is left, who might be there for our spot and the value for the remaining prospects....guys that perhaps should have been drafted but for some reason are still hanging around.