• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Perriman and WR Hype

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm with you. Even if everything comes up roses and Jensen/Urschel are a lot better than they looked last year and if these late round draft picks bloom really, really, quickly, we're still an average unit that is an injury away from being sub-par ... again.

Maybe I just need to be a little more patient and wait for the magic to happen. Maybe June 1 will bring cuts that we're anticipating and we'll pounce aggressively and get help along our front, but I'm real concerned about that unit now. Maybe the new blood in the coaching staff will transform underperformers into overachievers, but that's a fool hearty approach IMO.

You cant have depth on both offense and defense (though if the Ravens draft heavy offense next year they could come close) due to the salary cap which means the best you can hope for is to escape the injury bug at the positions you are thinnest at.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've been a believer in Perriman since the day we drafted him. Always felt he had potential and feel this will be his breakout year,

You cant have depth on both offense and defense (though if the Ravens draft heavy offense next year they could come close) due to the salary cap which means the best you can hope for is to escape the injury bug at the positions you are thinnest at.
True - but I'm not only talking depth ... right now, name me the starting offensive line and tell me if you feel comfortable with it.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
True - but I'm not only talking depth ... right now, name me the starting offensive line and tell me if you feel comfortable with it.
Well, if the Ravens can get a competent starter at center, I think the o-line will be fine. Though, yeah, that is potentially a big if.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Stanley-Siragusa-(whoever FO considers better than Zuttah or he would be here)-Yanda-Lewis.

Ya im good with that offensive line. Im most worried about Siragusa but its hard to say what will happen come camp.

Terps

Practice Squad
Yeah Perriman hype is real. Hope it's legit.

I just realized there's some kind of rating system where you can give people rainbows and wrenches and things and had way too much fun doling out various rating symbols. I hope these items serve you well in your future endeavors.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Stanley-Siragusa-(whoever FO considers better than Zuttah or he would be here)-Yanda-Lewis.

Ya im good with that offensive line. Im most worried about Siragusa but its hard to say what will happen come camp.

Siragusa was getting roasted terribly in ota by undrafted players that likely will not make an NFL roster. Maybe it was a bad day. But we can't count on him being a significant player. Not yet anyways. On a better note. Jensen has his 2015 size back and is looking very very good!! He was always very athletic for a big 330 lb dude. At 320lbs in college and kinda fleshy he was a great athlete. in predraft workouts his drills were elite left tackle caliber. While doing like 31 bench reps I think it was.

In 2015 he was the top rated guard in the league. And it wasn't a fluke cuz he looked very good in the eye test. Several games he looked more dominant than Yanda. He was nasty and ferocious. He routinely turned his man off the line and moved around as good as offensive lineman in the league.

He and Osemele on that side were awesome and at times opponents looked intimidated. After getting beat by a sack early by Geno Atkins. Atkins was saying how strong and aggressive Jensen was on the bengal sideline. Now think about this. Atkins played with a pro bowl guard that recently signed for $12mil per!! And for Atkins to be genuinely impressed with Jensen was quite a complement!!

However problem is Jensen came in last year looking far smaller than previous year. And looked like a different player. Not nearly as dominant and strong. However although smaller and not nearly as strong he played adequate for most part. Which shows Jensen can get by on technique and athleticism without the power and 330 lb size.

Now the good news is not only is he back to 325 lbs. Jensen is leaner than ever. Which means as strong as he was in 2015 he could be stronger now cuz more of that weight is muscle. And as athletic as he was he should be a better athlete being at his leanest ever. Jensen should be a stud on the ravens line at left guard and Center wherever the ravens play him. Offensive line is looking good with all pro Yanda, future all pro Stanley, Jensen and Lewis. If Urschel can get back to his better play form and handle center then the OLine is looking very good. If Eluemunor can surprise and play LG as a rookie. The O-Line is looking sweet as ever

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Siragusa was getting roasted terribly in ota by undrafted players that likely will not make an NFL roster. Maybe it was a bad day. But we can't count on him being a significant player. Not yet anyways. On a better note. Jensen has his 2015 size back and is looking very very good!! He was always very athletic for a big 330 lb dude. At 320lbs in college and kinda fleshy he was a great athlete. in predraft workouts his drills were elite left tackle caliber. While doing like 31 bench reps I think it was.

In 2015 he was the top rated guard in the league. And it wasn't a fluke cuz he looked very good in the eye test. Several games he looked more dominant than Yanda. He was nasty and ferocious. He routinely turned his man off the line and moved around as good as offensive lineman in the league.

He and Osemele on that side were awesome and at times opponents looked intimidated. After getting beat by a sack early by Geno Atkins. Atkins was saying how strong and aggressive Jensen was on the bengal sideline. Now think about this. Atkins played with a pro bowl guard that recently signed for $12mil per!! And for Atkins to be genuinely impressed with Jensen was quite a complement!!

However problem is Jensen came in last year looking far smaller than previous year. And looked like a different player. Not nearly as dominant and strong. However although smaller and not nearly as strong he played adequate for most part. Which shows Jensen can get by on technique and athleticism without the power and 330 lb size.

Now the good news is not only is he back to 325 lbs. Jensen is leaner than ever. Which means as strong as he was in 2015 he could be stronger now cuz more of that weight is muscle. And as athletic as he was he should be a better athlete being at his leanest ever. Jensen should be a stud on the ravens line at left guard and Center wherever the ravens play him. Offensive line is looking good with all pro Yanda, future all pro Stanley, Jensen and Lewis. If Urschel can get back to his better play form and handle center then the OLine is looking very good. If Eluemunor can surprise and play LG as a rookie. The O-Line is looking sweet as ever

Here is what I've noticed about you. You take 1 situation and turn it into a story. Siragusa got beaten on 1 play by an UDFA (read it from jeff z). You then claim he'd been beaten lots. Also, regarding eluemunor what the hell is 4/12 4/16 etc..that's not helpful? PTTD? show me the video.
You tend to be a bit of a storyteller.

BS.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
With all this information you spew out, people would think you were actually at the OTA's and you were not. It was just like when you talked about wormley and eluemunor based on a PHOTO of his expression

its ridiculous

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Here is what I've noticed about you. You take 1 situation and turn it into a story. Siragusa got beaten on 1 play by an UDFA (read it from jeff z). You then claim he'd been beaten lots. Also, regarding eluemunor what the hell is 4/12 4/16 etc..that's not helpful? PTTD? show me the video.

BS.

With all this information you spew out, people would think you were actually at the OTA's and you were not. It was just like when you talked about wormley and eluemunor based on a PHOTO of his expression

its ridiculous

Looks like you are starting to see the forest through the trees.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wanted Peters back in the 2015 draft, but when he was taken earlier than expected I had a feeling they would draft Perriman and I'm glad they did. He was a bit raw, but his potential has always been through the roof. I was on board from the start. Go Perriman let's continue this development and bring it into the season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

BS.
You basically said jimmy mentioning Humphrey being a bit raw meant he was gonna be a liability. Agreed though lol

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You basically said jimmy mentioning Humphrey being a bit raw meant he was gonna be a liability. Agreed though lol

Big difference...i didn't turn it into flawed story, it's just putting it into a general perspective. That is indeed what harbs and jimmy said. Sledge hammer actually lies about a situation by saying he was constantly getting beat by UDFA's when it was 1 play.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler

BS.
Youtube vid said he was beaten like a drum. And you asked for segment dates. Did you forget. You asked which segment. You never asked for a link. And it wasn't beaten one play. It was all friggin day. Where did you hear one play?? You need to dig a lil more dude. And for the record I don't give a damn what you think or believe!! You are a dude on a message board and nothing to me.. I report things you do what you want with it. Research it yourself. You are overvaluing your opinion and how much I value it. If you ever wanna come out from behind your keyboard and have a drink and talk football in person. I may care a lil more what you think. But til then you are no different than most posters around here dude.

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
What youtube video???? Dear lord actualy post something. Go to your youtube viewing history and post the ''beaten like a drum'' video.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
For those interested, here's the quote from Zrebiec when talking about Pat Ricard:
In one drill, he badly beat fourth-round pick Nico Siragusa before getting to the quarterback.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...organized-team-activities-20170525-story.html Zrebiec only mentions Siragusa once, which doesn't mean he was or wasn't beat all day.

And @Sledge Hammer, does that mean we shouldn't give a damn about what you think or believe? @Sami84 just wanted to know where you were getting your information from and you haven't posted a source where you heard Siragusa was beaten like a drum.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
DJ never liked Elumenor. Mike Mayock liked his potential. Go to NFL.com and our draft class and click on the video for elumenor in our draft picks section. He claims DJ was very high on him. I havent seen DJ say one positive thing about him in any of this articles.

Then there was the '' Wormley seemed to struggle in the OTA's with Elumenors strength''. He claimed he knew people who were there that had sent him photos and that it was on goggle search images. total BS..he then said it was posted on BR.com..behold....a photo of wormley pulling a typical expression while engaging elumenor. ( like that doesn't happen 99% of the time).

Now he sees that one article ( the one we all saw but claims it's not that), claims it wasn't that but instead he saw a youtube video which he hasn't posted or referenced at all. In this video, apparently, someone who must have been a media member claims siragusa was getting his ass handed to him consistently by UDFA's, when really the only information that suggests him being beat is on 1 occasion ( like any player in the NFL) by an UDFA.

Last edited by a moderator: