1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to sign up if you haven't already done so!
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all armchair GMs

Discussion in 'Ravens Talk' started by redrum52, May 1, 2019.

1. redrum52

redrum52 MVP

So I noticed some complaints recently and got me thinking. Which of these guys that you pounded the table for ended up being giant BUSTS? Seeing all these guys options not picked had me curious so come on with it and tell us some of your biggest flops.

2. DeVito52

DeVito52 Ravens Ring of Honor

You called?

3. Lost_In_Translation

Lost_In_Translation Staff Member Administrator Writer Suspended

Maxx Williams.

Injuries killed that poor [profanity deleted].

4. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

Same. Injuries and fat and clumsiness in general. Remember his TD against the Chiefs? He looked like he broke his damn back lmao.

5. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

Biggest misses:
    Matt Elam
    Arthur Brown
    Robert nkemdiche
    Noah Spence
    Philip Dorsett
    Maxx Williams
    Corey Coleman
    Kevin Dodd

Best hits:
    Michael Thomas
    Odell Beckham
    Jordan Howard
    Tarik Cohen
    William Jackson
    Chris Jones
    Tredavious white
    Jalen mills
    Evan Engram
    Steven nelson(he turned out solid didn’t he?)
    Stefan diggs

6. redrum52

redrum52 MVP

Respect for admitting your faults. I think a lot of people were fooled by Arthur Brown, me being one of them. One I really remember is Jon Baldwin for some reason. Don't know why I thought he was going to be good, but I sure as shit was wrong.

I recall a lot of people being high on Diggs. Another Maryland wr, when I think we were losing Torrey and needed to address the position anyway. Late round pick and I can't even remember who we took instead. Don't worry, we were able to land Nick Boyle after Diggs was selected.

Funny story. Friend is a Giants fan. During the Odell draft he was PISSED they didn't take Donald.

7. allblackraven

allblackraven Ravens Ring of Honor

Well, they found Dexter 5 years later by way of trading Odell

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Lost_In_Translation

Lost_In_Translation Staff Member Administrator Writer Suspended

So instead of having the NFL version of Rusell Westbrook, they now have a guy who will be suspended for PEDs?

9. allblackraven

Idiots

10. Italian Raven

Italian Raven Veteran

Big misses

Shilique Calhoun - my first (or second idk) year watching tapes. I thought he'd be a valuable first rounder with a good arsenal of moves and very good use of the hands

Shaq Lawson - I got tricked by his one on one reps vs ND (Stanley) and other games where he looked possessing at very least a high floor. He belonged to the higher half of day 1, in my eyes

Clive Walford - thought he'd be a much more prolific catcher due to quite refined route running giving him separation.
    Had him ahead of Maxx (that I wasn't much in love with) and had him as a tweener

Bosa - I thought his traits wouldn't translate much, as a pass rusher. Didn't have him as a top 10 pick

Oddighizuwa - injuries played a big part in his career. I would've wasted our late 1st rounder

I honestly don't recall others on the top of my head. For sure there's another few.

11. Willbacker

Willbacker Pro Bowler

Lol 2 big swings and misses I had were Scooby Wright and Steve Ishmael (so far). David Sills could be my new one this year.

12. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

I was REALLY high on Calhoun early in the process myself.

Also Malik McDowell is one I left out. I thought he was gonna wreak havoc and his names been unheard of so far.

13. Italian Raven

Italian Raven Veteran

I luckily had McDowell out of my list. Mere penetrator, no gap integrity. A little bit like Nkemdiche (who I also didn't like)

14. JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5 Hall of Famer

I like penetrators and I think gap integrity is being overrated in this day and age where the run game is nearly nonexistsent. If you’re playing the cowboys, Seahawks, ravens, rams, or Steelers, just swap the guy for a NT, otherwise, let him fly

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. allblackraven

Alec Ogletree
    CJ Mosley
    Jarvis Landry
    Markus Golden
    Ronnie Stanley

Noah Spence
    Ryan Anderson

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  16. cdp

cdp Pro Bowler

Misses:
    Laremy Tunsil
    Joey Bosa
    Kevin White
    Marlon Humphrey
    Noah Spence
    Darrius Leonard

17. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

Hard to call mcdowell a miss tbf anyway given that he’s only not played a snap because of a tragic RV accident before his first season and never recovered

18. RavensMania

RavensMania Staff Member Administrator

I'm pounded the table for

Chris Jones (picked him in FM)
    Cooper Kupp
    Zach Cunningham
    Alvin Kamara
    Forrest Lamp

was against
    John Ross

19. DeVito52

DeVito52 Ravens Ring of Honor