• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Your going by what again?? Cause if I'm not mistaken the chargers took a big step back when Gordon was injured. Behind one of the worst olines in the league Gordon averaged 5.1yac. Absolutely taking over games making guys miss and plowing over defenders. Did yall see any charger games?? Again I repeat one of if not the worst lines in the league. Where Zeke is running behind an all universe line...
Even though zeke is running behind a great line, he is still much better than gordon.. didnt cowboys have two of their guys out for majority of the year and zeke was still doing what he does?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Even though zeke is running behind a great line, he is still much better than gordon.. didnt cowboys have two of their guys out for majority of the year and zeke was still doing what he does?

Agree. He also doesn't have Phillip Rivers as his QB

A1A

Veteran
Even their back ups are better than most starters in the league. Remember they had the luxury of an all 1st rd pick unit and still went OL in last years draft. Rivers ?? Here we go again.. let me guess the QB under center in Dallas sucks too?

A1A

Veteran
Let's just end this here and see what happens to Gordon from here on out. All it takes is one injury to Zeke and next season its tamato tomato.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Let's just end this here and see what happens to Gordon from here on out. All it takes is one injury to Zeke and next season its tamato tomato.
kind of works both ways now doesn't it. With RB's considering how many times they touch the ball and the age they typically start to go downhill, in my opinion it makes no sense to pay one that much money.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Zoltán Buday
@PFF_Zoltan

Kenneth Dixon forced the same amount of missed tackles on 197 rushes than Ezekiel Elliott did on 291 attempts.

I was a big fan of Dixon coming out of Louisiana Tech. If it weren't for the injuries, imo, he'd be one of the better backs in this league. I hope he ends up on a team and remains healthy so he can have a solid career, just not against us.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Zoltán Buday
@PFF_Zoltan

Kenneth Dixon forced the same amount of missed tackles on 197 rushes than Ezekiel Elliott did on 291 attempts.

I was a big fan of Dixon coming out of Louisiana Tech. If it weren't for the injuries, imo, he'd be one of the better backs in this league. I hope he ends up on a team and remains healthy so he can have a solid career, just not against us.
If my aunt had cojones she’d be my uncle. lol

I really like Kenneth as well, but he’s just another injury prone RB that didn’t, and probably won’t pan out. Bernard Pierce looked the second coming of AP, but couldn’t stay on the field. The NFL is tough on running backs.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If my aunt had cojones she’d be my uncle. lol

I really like Kenneth as well, but he’s just another injury prone RB that didn’t, and probably won’t pan out. Bernard Pierce looked the second coming of AP, but couldn’t stay on the field. The NFL is tough on running backs.
I reckon Dixon isn't doing stuff right - eating/recovering/sleeping/weed/alcohol - some of these are not up to spec.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Your going by what again?? Cause if I'm not mistaken the chargers took a big step back when Gordon was injured. Behind one of the worst olines in the league Gordon averaged 5.1yac. Absolutely taking over games making guys miss and plowing over defenders. Did yall see any charger games?? Again I repeat one of if not the worst lines in the league. Where Zeke is running behind an all universe line...
..... My plan would make that oline better and make the team less reliant on Gordan

rossihunter2

Staff Member
guess we are hoping to bring him back later. I like that we kept Trawick, but they way they did this makes absolutely no sense. Instead of placing Tavon Young on IR prior to setting the final 53, they could have placed Marshall on IR. This would allow them the chance to bring back Tavon Young later in the season. Maybe it was a medical decision, but any other reason wouldn't make sense.

evidently there was no chance of tavon coming back this year...