• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I keep saying that for years - if you see good O lineman coming out of college, take him. There will be less of them every year due to shotgun happy college offense and talented ones but not as good will take much longer to turn into pro players.

Be wise to stack your staff with good O line coaches, too.
This !!!!! And this is why you can’t have a Joe Flacco behind Center but a very mobile QB like Lamar

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
@JosinaAnderson:

I'm still bouncing around, but my understanding, is that he's 'too expensive' for them, at this time.

k8nGWj-N_normal.jpg

Ravens Flock @LJtoHollywood
@JosinaAnderson have you heard anything about Melvin Gordon to the Ravens?

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Maybe Bozeman WILL out perform Skura.
guarding the man in front of you is not the way this O line will play this year. With all the movement pre and post-snap, our linemen will have to pull, get into the second level, pass off rushers to others around them, etc. Sure bozeman is physically stronger than skura, but I believe the FO values skura because of his mobility and ability to do the things I outlined earlier.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
guarding the man in front of you is not the way this O line will play this year. With all the movement pre and post-snap, our linemen will have to pull, get into the second level, pass off rushers to others around them, etc. Sure bozeman is physically stronger than skura, but I believe the FO values skura because of his mobility and ability to do the things I outlined earlier.

I understand that Skura is mediocre at the point of attack at the center position. I have respect and support for our starting center, but I agree that Bozeman could be inserted at some point during the season. Moreover, LG seems a bigger question mark.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would be giggity if Gordon signed with us. And dont tell me he isnt needed in a run heavy offense. If we were all in on Ingram,Dixon,etc..then we should def be looking at a RB of Gordon's caliber.
it would be ridiculous to pay the kind of money that Gordon wants. Insane

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Especially when you already have serious money sunk into the position as is. If they gave Gordon the money he wants that would give Ravens the most money sunk into RB in the league and I still do not think its anywhere near as valuable as well any other offensive position

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Especially considering that Gordon has been a major disappointment throughout his career, top 20 pick at rb and has had one big year, has been consistently injured, and frankly just hasn’t been what you’d expect from a first round pick at RB. When no name Austin ekeler steps in the chargers offense doesn’t skip a beat, like they are the same team with or without him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Now if Zeke is hitting the market, different story. For all the diva shit and stupidity, he’s worth the money he’s asking, and would be a goddamn dream on this offense. He’s real deal the top power back in the league and a top shelf third down back as well, clutch gene, playmaker, grinder, and consistently healthy and available.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Now if Zeke is hitting the market, different story. For all the diva shit and stupidity, he’s worth the money he’s asking, and would be a goddamn dream on this offense. He’s real deal the top power back in the league and a top shelf third down back as well, clutch gene, playmaker, grinder, and consistently healthy and available.
I'd stop watching Ravens