• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019: Week 2 Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

So McCaffery had more receptions than any RB last year and one catch tonight. Keep running him into a brick wall

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You need one play, one yard. Panthers take the ball out of Cam Newton's hands on that play? Norv Turner has called a terrible game tonight from an offensive standpoint.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
and on the worst playcall to end a game since the seahawks decided to pass in the super bowl instead of handoff to Lynch
I don't blame them for getting the ball directly to their best player, but I don't think a single soul was tricked by that whole "Cam moves out of the line" act

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Newton was 25/51 for 333 yards with zero interceptions and zero touchdowns. Yikes, 51 passes for Newton on his shoulder recovering from surgery and having CMac in the backfield???

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure where to put this, but here's a comment I saw about Cam Newton.

"Another QB who ran a lot in this league and will have to learn how to become a pocket passer or be destined for a career backup role if anything. So much for Superman."

How true is this? I haven't seen a lot of Cam's play, but I always had the perception that he was a pretty good thrower.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not sure where to put this, but here's a comment I saw about Cam Newton.

"Another QB who ran a lot in this league and will have to learn how to become a pocket passer or be destined for a career backup role if anything. So much for Superman."

How true is this? I haven't seen a lot of Cam's play, but I always had the perception that he was a pretty good thrower.

had a cannon of an arm but has never had great mechanics and constantly goes to work on them only to get injured - had his best year last year as a pure passer in terms of accuracy - its always been thought that if cam could consistently be above 60% accuracy then the panthers would be a dynamic offensive team - he played well last year before his injury but that's the only time in his career he's had a season where his accuracy was over 62% in fact when he won mvp he was passing at below 60% so who knows anything lol (albeit tbf he racked up a lot of passing yards and tds that year and also 10 tds on the ground)

he's inconsistent as a passer and is very reliant on his pure arm strength which is why the shoulder surgery (especially early last year) was concerning