• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Injuries

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not a good sign when the injury bug is hitting us yet again. smh

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
Hip injury is one of the hardest injuries to deal in LIFE and this fool is trying to play football after his second one. Goodluck Pitta!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i like pitta as a person, hes worked his ass off to stay in the league despite multiple injuries which would make other players retire, hell of a man, BUT...

this will probably be good for our offense. wallace and perriman are gonna get a lot of looks now, joe plays best when hes spreading the ball and not force feeding the only guy hes comfortable with. it also opens the door to have multiple blocking TEs which is excellent with greg roman dialing up the run game, pitta wouldve had the bulk of the TE snaps and he doesnt block at all, so thats a plus.

sorry for pitta, really, i hope all goes well for the guy and i thank him forever for what hes done here, and its terrible what has happened to such a good player and good guy, but strictly from an offensive production standpoint, this is a blessing in disguise. the 3-yard tuck and roll catches on 3rd and 6 killed us last year. pitta put up big but meaningless numbers, and among all starting TEs he may have had the widest catch-to-impact play ratio. catching a wide open slant and hitting the turf immediately is just unacceptable for an offense who struggles to convert third downs.

The Greek

Veteran
bad luck for pitta but unless all the te's drop like flies that is one position i am not worried about with veterans getting cut we can always add quality depth if needed at that position. i am more concerned with cb once again with tavons injury because we all know brittle jimmy will not last all season. cb will be addressed in next years draft as well. camponaro should retire.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
First Tavon with a torn ACL yesterday and now Pitta with the hip....AGAIN??????

RavensDFan

Veteran
First Tavon with a torn ACL yesterday and now Pitta with the hip....AGAIN??????

Shame with Tavon, he showed real promise but he'll be back. In Pitta's case one has to wonder what this means in regards to his general ability to walk later in life, not just football.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shame with Tavon, he showed real promise but he'll be back. In Pitta's case one has to wonder what this means in regards to his general ability to walk later in life, not just football.

I felt that Dennis should have hung up the cleats after his 2nd injury because of this very thing that has just happened to him. Hopefully, he can reconcile this within his heart and realize that it is probably in the best interest of his health that he walks away from the game....literally!

RavensDFan

Veteran
I felt that Dennis should have hung up the cleats after his 2nd injury because of this very thing that has just happened to him. Hopefully, he can reconcile this within his heart and realize that it is probably in the best interest of his health that he walks away from the game....literally!

I felt that way as well. I like Pitta but seriously, at some point you have to see the bigger picture.

K-Dog

MVP

It is sad but there really is no option.
He is done as a Raven at the very least. Hopefully done as a football player.
It is sad and I am sure it is going to break his heart ( I am sure it already has ) he needs to hang it up, but at this point I don't think it is his choice.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ozzie and the FO have to consider trading a high pick for a quality player whos likely to be a free agent next year with the plans to re-sign.
not that pitta is a game breaker anymore but i'm lookin at us and the AFC north

we have the worst O and it's not even close. This FO flat out lied to everyone about getting weapons for joe and building a great O line. Flat out lied.
again they pay a 60% of snaps run stopper whos basically a poor mans damon harrison and yet is paid way more.

this team isn't making the playoffs folks. cleveland has more talent ( yes, i said it) same with cinici and pittsburgh.
We're all about ''hope''.

we need to start trading picks for players. If we refuse to get offensive players (or can't as they fall off the board before we get them) we need to tart trading picks for players .

I'm sure that all of you, if you look at our O and the roster in general, if you were to take off the kool-aid cap would feel the same way. this is a bottom of the barrel offense.

Ozzie and the FO have to consider trading a high pick for a quality player whos likely to be a free agent next year with the plans to re-sign.
not that pitta is a game breaker anymore but i'm lookin at us and the AFC north

we have the worst O and it's not even close. This FO flat out lied to everyone about getting weapons for joe and building a great O line. Flat out lied.
again they pay a 60% of snaps run stopper whos basically a poor mans damon harrison and yet is paid way more.

this team isn't making the playoffs folks. cleveland has more talent ( yes, i said it) same with cinici and pittsburgh.
We're all about ''hope''.

we need to start trading picks for players. If we refuse to get offensive players (or can't as they fall off the board before we get them) we need to tart trading picks for players .

I'm sure that all of you, if you look at our O and the roster in general, if you were to take off the kool-aid cap would feel the same way. this is a bottom of the barrel offense.

I don't like trading picks but we're so obviously weak on offense that we need at least 2-3 decent pieces before we have an offense that can score more than 20 points a game. Do we want to win now or in 3-5 years when Flacco is near the end of his career? we need at least one lineman and a TE/receiver.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Just saw a thread titled, "Dennis Pitta dislocates hip; status for 2017 uncertain."

Uh, status for walking ever again uncertain.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just saw a thread titled, "Dennis Pitta dislocates hip; status for 2017 uncertain."

Uh, status for walking ever again uncertain.

truthfully, if he wasn't part of the FWO and flacco's BFF to add to that, he'd have been cut after the 2nd dislocation.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
truthfully, if he wasn't part of the FWO and flacco's BFF to add to that, he'd have been cut after the 2nd dislocation.
I agree. I was really upset the Ravens even signed him after the first.

I think this is a win-win all the way around. Pitta finally retires. He should have a long time ago. Joe loses his lock on target and is forced to spread the ball around. The young tight ends get more snaps. The Ravens save some cap room, hopefully for Maclin.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I agree. I was really upset the Ravens even signed him after the first.

I think this is a win-win all the way around. Pitta finally retires. He should have a long time ago. Joe loses his lock on target and is forced to spread the ball around. The young tight ends get more snaps. The Ravens save some cap room, hopefully for Maclin.
Well, it's not a win for Pitta, but I see what you're saying.