• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Cardinals Edition

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Secondary played like doo doo . Lamar throws for almost 400 yards and only what 23 points !!?!?!

Penalties were out of control . Very sloppy play by the Ravens .

Charm City

Pro Bowler
We seemed to bring out a lot of the playbook today and it looked like we weren't comfortable with it yet. we definitely need to get our act straight before next week.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Secondary played like doo doo . Lamar throws for almost 400 yards and only what 23 points !!?!?!

Penalties were out of control . Very sloppy play by the Ravens .

nearly 400 total yards - lamar threw for 272 and 2 tds but there was lots of bad execution in the running game outside of lamar and there were some bad misses in the passing game be it via drops, misses by lamar or miscommunications (thinking the boykin drop over the middle)

lots to work on but lots to look to in a positive way also

credit to the cardinals they really stressed our defence schematically

Lamar Jackson is the MVP of this team and he put them on his back today. Andrews and Hollywood were very good as well. Other players in the passing game need to step up. Offensive penalties need to get corrected and I really wish we had a stud center.

I don't have much positive to say about the defense tbh. They stopped the run well I guess and got some key sacks but the bad easily outnumbers the good.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
At the end of the day the defense gave up 17 points. That is more then a good enough performance to win in the NFL today. They gave up a lot of big plays but avoided letting Arizona get the ball in the endzone which is what matters most.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar Jackson is the MVP of this team and he put them on his back today. Andrews and Hollywood were very good as well. Other players in the passing game need to step up. Offensive penalties need to get corrected and I really wish we had a stud center.

I don't have much positive to say about the defense tbh. They stopped the run well I guess and got some key sacks but the bad easily outnumbers the good.

yeah its disappointing that only 1 player outside of hollywood and andrews had more than 1 reception and that was mark ingram...
i know we're scheming around the strengths of those guys but other guys need to win more consistently in this scheme

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good: Lamar Andrews/Brown connection, McPhee is still a force
Bad: where was Earl Thomas?
Ugly: I learned Ricard is a linebacker and nickel back? CC wasn't prepared at all

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ugly: I learned Ricard is a linebacker and nickel back? CC wasn't prepared at all
Yeah Earl Thomas was a NO SHOW today out of position all game .

Andrews is a monster. Brown is a weapon. Lamar needed to make up for a bad miss on a wide open Andrews that would have likely sealed it. He absolutely did with that dime he dropped on Brown to seal it.

D struggled in cover periodically and the up tempo offense they ran caused some problems but the rise to the occasion when the game was on the line. Cards will not be bottom feeders this season.

Life gets harder starting now.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler

I genuinely completely forgot that he was playing until midway through the final quarter.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Good: Lamar had a very good game
Bad: Secondary allowing Kirk and Fitzgerald both going over 100 yards receiving
Ugly: Freaking refs screwing us hard today, making the final score way closer than it should have been

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I genuinely completely forgot that he was playing until midway through the final quarter.
I found him
IMG_20190915_225400.jpg