• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
  • Hey there! We are so glad that you could make it to PurpleFlock on game day- thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up here in order to talk about today's game with our other members.

Week 3 Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
well tbf in the end the 2pt conversions didnt hurt us because KC didnt give us the ball back
I think it made a difference though. The first failed attempt kind of put a damper on our momentum and gave them a spark. The other failed attempts put more pressure on the team. Personally, I feel this kind of thing has an effect. I didn’t like it one bit.

A1A

Veteran
Does he not know that momentum is a real thing?? Last week he gave the Cards life and it became a dog fight when they stopped us in 4th down early..their fear turned to hope and they fought us hard. I called it then and I called it today. This guy ain't ever going to change. From Flacco throwing the ball 50+ times vs poor run defenses, never challenging obvious plays, poor clock management, the list goes on and on.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think it made a difference though. The first failed attempt kind of put a damper on our momentum and gave them a spark. The other failed attempts put more pressure on the team. Personally, I feel this kind of thing has an effect. I didn’t like it one bit.

not saying it didnt have an impact but ultimately its not like we drove into KC territory and could have kicked a fg (and then wed be lamenting those missed points) but we didnt even get the ball back

A1A

Veteran
not saying it didnt have an impact but ultimately its not like we drove into KC territory and could have kicked a fg (and then wed be lamenting those missed points) but we didnt even get the ball back
Momentum bro it's all about momentum, when I played football and we stopped a team going for 2 it felt like a win and a boost even after giving up a TD. The same thing applies in the pros. Failing over and over brings down your team like u cant imagine. This guy is a spy, either that or hes just that stupid.

A1A

Veteran
Just seeing that stat on the screen...3 failed 2 pt is so embarrassing. Brought chuckles all around where I'm watching the game. Unbelievable.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
That explains part of it but it's disappointing that we weren't able to do anything for the entire quarter.

Incompletions seemed to be quite high today. Hurst (3), Andrews (4), Snead (2), Brown (7 WTF?), Boyle (1). 11 incompletions to his 2 favourite targets seems crazy. Was it poor QB play, poor catching or something else?

Running backs seemed to have a field day which is good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That explains part of it but it's disappointing that we weren't able to do anything for the entire quarter.

Incompletions seemed to be quite high today. Hurst (3), Andrews (4), Snead (2), Brown (7 WTF?), Boyle (1). 11 incompletions to his 2 favourite targets seems crazy. Was it poor QB play, poor catching or something else?

Running backs seemed to have a field day which is good.

andrews was definitely affected by his ankle
the hollywood ones are mostly overthrows on deep balls - one was on a near spectacular sideline catch

most of its not drops - most of it is misses, but some of it was dead plays and throwaways

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't care what happened here. I love Lamar Jackson even more than I did this morning! I hate John Harbaugh a little more than I did this morning!

Absolutely! I'm dealing with other Ravens fans in various social media forms and many of them are talking foolish about Lamar today when they praised him the last two games. Fickle! Smh!

To me, the Ravens offense is more of a pound the rock (w/the RB's and Lamar) and then run RPO's off of that which involves "timing" routes (like we saw against the Dolphins/Cardinals). Today? Lamar threw the ball nearly 50 times. That's unacceptable and out of character for this team and their offensive philosophy. To me, that affects accuracy. Lamar sailed a few passes that for the last two weeks would have been dimes. There is a reason for that. The Ravens aren't the Chiefs! You can't ask Lamar to match Mahomes pass for pass. Lamar doesn't have those types of receivers. One poor game doesn't give me a reason to trash him and say that he can't read defenses or throw the rock with a soft touch. He just did that last Sunday vs the Cardinals (I was there in Baltimore for that game) with that pass to Hollywood to seal that game. Tough loss today but it is just that; ONE LOSS! The sky isn't falling in my book! We'll right the ship! On to the Browns! GO RAVENS!!!

Interestingly enough, the cats at Ebony Bird see it similarly as me:
https://ebonybird.com/2019/09/22/baltimore-ravens-offense-flutters/

Per article: "The unit was far too inconsistent in their play-calling and establishing an identity in the game. One minute they’re running the ball down the Chiefs throat and the next they were trying to push the ball too downfield aggressively. Against a Super Bowl contender in KC, it appeared as though Baltimore threw out what worked and tried to be something different. The question is why? Why go against the grain when it’s a system that works? Who cares that it was against inferior competition and face the facts that the unit was comfortable with what they doing. When something works, you don’t mess with it."

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I was worried when I heard Andrews was still having issues with his ankle. He's obviously a huge weapon of Lamar's.

Thanks for that, it explains it all. I hate not watching games, I have no idea how things went haha

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The difference in the game was us constantly giving away momentum to the Chiefs. The worst call in my opinion was going for 4th down and failing and giving the Chiefs a short field to work with. They put 7 on us. That was the difference in the game. The pivotal point where we lost this game. That was all Harbaugh and nobody else. If you must blame someone blame our HC for this one.

Having said that, he did it with good intention. He wanted to be aggressive and also looked at Analytics in isolation without coupling it with game case scenarios. That's like solving a theorem with the wrong algorithm.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The difference in the game was us constantly giving away momentum to the Chiefs. The worst call in my opinion was going for 4th down and failing and giving the Chiefs a short field to work with. They put 7 on us. That was the difference in the game. The pivotal point where we lost this game. That was all Harbaugh and nobody else. If you must blame someone blame our HC for this one.

Having said that, he did it with good intention. He wanted to be aggressive and also looked at Analytics in isolation without coupling it with game case scenarios. That's like solving a theorem with the wrong algorithm.

Initially, like most, I was extremely pissed to see us go for it on 4th and 2 so early in the game and not get it, as well as our constantly going for those 2pt conversions and walking away with nothing. However, after sleeping on it and then re-listening to Harbaugh's presser from after the game and then this morning; I'm good! I love the fact that Harbaugh has confidence in Lamar and this offense to get it done-they (the players) didn't execute and therefore they (players) failed on all occasions.

How many times in the past have I and we Ravens fans complained about our offensive play calling being too conservative? Sure, there is a time and a place for it however, I love the aggressive mindset that Harbaugh is trying to instil in the players. I absolutely love it! Like Harbaugh, I too, feel very confident about Lamar and our offense's ability to become a top-notch team to be reckoned with this season. Damn! I haven't said or felt that way about our offensive side of the ball in years! Wow!

Being aggressive (IMO) goes against the grain of how the Baltimore Ravens offense has thought and operated in years past. This whole "aggressive" gameplay thing is new to us and no doubt it will come with growing pains til we get use to our team playing that way. Offenses such as; the Patriots, Chiefs, Cardinals, Saints, Chargers etc. would be aggressive in those situations and no one would think anything of it. The moment that the Ravens attempt to play in that manner and it doesn't work, the damn sky is falling in Baltimore! C'mon man!

I'm with Harbaugh; "We're not going to play scared! We're tyring to win a football game!" :cool:

GO RAVENS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.