• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is also not a new phenomenon - he’s been doing this since they signed him - must be one of the best free agent acquisitions in recent times
I've always been a big fan of Calais Campbell. Ever since he came into the league in 2008 with 'Zona.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With his physical and gambling style could Peters be good in the slot?

I believe he has the change of direction skills to play in the slot when Jimmy comes back. I feel Jimmy is reliant on the boundary. Humphrey can play all over as well. Carr can play inside and out as well but isn't as good inside.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Is Shaq Barrett really on the trade block? Wonder what it would take to grab him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Is Shaq Barrett really on the trade block? Wonder what it would take to grab him.
doubtful. If they have any idea they can resign him they will. Barrett was smart to bet on himself, because he's going to get a lot in the offseason.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
doubtful. If they have any idea they can resign him they will. Barrett was smart to bet on himself, because he's going to get a lot in the offseason.
USA Today saying that they could profit from it because they signed him for so cheap and could get a big haul for him. You never know

Reactions: cdp

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was wanting The ravens to sign him this off season. He absolutely felt like a raven even before this year and I am surprised we didn't make an offer.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm curious how we use Peters. He is almost never (that I've seen) in any sort of press at the line, tight coverage. This year he is often a deep thirds player. I wonder if we might use him that way with earl in the middle?
Not interested in being physical as a tackler or getting much involved generally.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was wanting The ravens to sign him this off season. He absolutely felt like a raven even before this year and I am surprised we didn't make an offer.
I absolutely wanted the Ravens to bring him in as well. Although he wasn't a starter, he was productive when he was on the field an now he's showing it big time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm curious how we use Peters. He is almost never (that I've seen) in any sort of press at the line, tight coverage. This year he is often a deep thirds player. I wonder if we might use him that way with earl in the middle?
Not interested in being physical as a tackler or getting much involved generally.
do you remember how he was used in KC?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
All I can say is the Ravens finally got their guy they wanted back in 2015 and his 24 picks and 6 fumble recoveries is exactly what Baltimore has been trying to inject into their defense with their “Shots on Goal” mindset. Just like how I think Carr has played better in Baltimore than previously before, I think Peters has a chance of becoming talked about being a top 5 cornerback again.

Ravens media had a piece about whether we might trade for a pass rusher before the deadline. Despite only having about $2m in cap, they reckoned Yannick Ngakoue would only cost about $1.3m in 2019, and Michael Bennett would cost around $2.8m. They may not actually be available, but good to see that our short cap doesn't neccessarily put us out of the market entirely.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Ravens media had a piece about whether we might trade for a pass rusher before the deadline. Despite only having about $2m in cap, they reckoned Yannick Ngakoue would only cost about $1.3m in 2019, and Michael Bennett would cost around $2.8m. They may not actually be available, but good to see that our short cap doesn't neccessarily put us out of the market entirely.

I feel like there is a 0% chance they move Yannick and don't think Bennett would fit.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

bennett isnt a proper fit in a 3-4 - patriots have switched to more of a 3-4 and bennett isnt seeing the field very much - he's a pretty obvious trade candidate but would most likely be a target for a 4-3 team - not really sure he'd be a great fit here

Ngakoue seems like a pipe dream - why would the jags sell?