• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The other one seems kinda crowded. Sorta like creating new versions of the dump thread? Idk, it was just a random thought.
I created the random thought thread for ..... random thoughts, so it is going to be the largest thread and having two many threads can be kind of confusing on the boards as well. Now early on, I merged the random thought thread with another thread miscellaneous type of thread created about a day or so before the Random Thought Thread. That was created by The Greek who I haven't seen on the boards since 2017.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
The timing of the Snead contract is just way too much of a sign that we make a move today. EDC has something up his sleeve.

Dude, you are all over the place lol. Go get a beer or something quick.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not confident we make a move today. Definitely feels like it’s not gonna happen.
The closer it gets to the deadline the less likely it becomes I think. But, sometimes announcements are made towards the end of the deadline given the multitude of teams working on various deals, counter offers, shopping for better offers, etc. Just the machinations involved in trading for a player is very involved and time consuming especially with a team near bottom in cap space availability. So, we'll know in a few short hours what happens.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Hell yea I’ll take a drink. What ya got?

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well I'm currently striping the stain off my coffee table so I'm high as kite off fumes if you'd like some of those.....
Sounds like a nice way to start this Tuesday. Sign me up!

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate these deadline days and the start of FA. I'm unproductive af, all I'm doing is refreshing twitter and my stock trading app...

The timing of the Snead contract is just way too much of a sign that we make a move today. EDC has something up his sleeve.
You would certainly think ... I can't imagine why we would do that right now other than to free some cap to get a player in a trade. Still, it isn't a ton of money so I still wouldn't expect anything big. It has been speculated it is just to give us some breathing room, but why initiate that move today if there isn't something in the works.

Now - whether it is virtually a done deal or just leaves us in a position to make a move if things work out, who knows.

But to quote Bob Dylan ... "the hour's getting late"

We've talked a lot about who we'd extend to create space and no one made sense really, but I don't recall Snead being mentioned. I've been somewhat alarmed at his lack of productivity in recent weeks. Lamar seemed to go to him frequently last year but this year it has been Andrews, Andrews, Hollywood and Andrews.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow just read on Rotoworld that Gase doesn’t like Adams and is willing to trade him? I’d make a move for him immediately whether we need a safety or not.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Wow just read on Rotoworld that Gase doesn’t like Adams and is willing to trade him? I’d make a move for him immediately whether we need a safety or not.
I don't believe for a second that Gase doesn't like him.
If they are going to trade him, it will be Douglas hoarding high picks to pick up his own QB. He got a 6 year deal from Jets and is starting a rebuild. None of the guys on Jets now are his - FA or draft.