• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Welcome to B-More, Jeremy Maclin!

flubberdubber

Practice Squad
After this signing I had to sign up for the forum..Missed you all and the discussion, thought I could move on but clearly not.

Like the signing. Think what I like most is that next year we will not be in a dire situation as we will have Maclin and Perriman for sure. We could obviously still use an upgrade at that point through the draft or FA but it is not a terrible situation. Not sure how much Maclin will produce this year. I am thinking 600 or 700 yards a couple TDs. Nothing crazy. I am really interested if any of Maclin, Perriman, or Wallace really grabs that high target, #1 type position on the team. None have really showed that true quality in their careers and if I would take a guess at any doing it I am hoping its Perriman. Really like the signing overall though

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think anyone is calling Maclin a bona fide number one. And he's definitely not a possession receiver in the same vein as Boldin or Mason, but one of the biggest problems with Wallace and Perriman is that both had trouble getting open despite their speed. Maclin probably has the best hands on the team at this point and his best trait (in my opinion) is using his route running skills to get open- especially deep over the middle.

I don't think his stats are very helpful in determining where he's at skillwise. Especially since he spent so much of his career with guys like Alex Smith and Michael Vick.
Wow, forgot about Michael Vick and his Eagles days.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
After this signing I had to sign up for the forum..Missed you all and the discussion, thought I could move on but clearly not.

Like the signing. Think what I like most is that next year we will not be in a dire situation as we will have Maclin and Perriman for sure. We could obviously still use an upgrade at that point through the draft or FA but it is not a terrible situation. Not sure how much Maclin will produce this year. I am thinking 600 or 700 yards a couple TDs. Nothing crazy. I am really interested if any of Maclin, Perriman, or Wallace really grabs that high target, #1 type position on the team. None have really showed that true quality in their careers and if I would take a guess at any doing it I am hoping its Perriman. Really like the signing overall though

Next offseason we should have a good bit of cap to make a nice move or two. Nothing absurd like the Jags in recent years but a solid OL signing for sure.

RavensDFan

Veteran
I found this tidbit interesting, and kind of surprising actually lol "
Despite knowing of Baltimore’s interest, Maclin first visited the Buffalo Bills over two days, where he was heavily recruited by running back LeSean McCoy and quarterback Tyrod Taylor.

While he was there, he was getting texts from Ravens players, including quarterback Joe Flacco who told him to come to Baltimore and see what it’s like. Flacco said he doesn’t pitch people, but Maclin said Flacco briefly “expressed to me what we could do here.”

Welcome to the Ravens, Maclin!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A lot of people have mentioned how Perriman will benefit from the signing of Maclin, but I see Woodhead being a huge beneficiary from this signing and maybe more so than Perriman.

I can incision these 3rd and long plays where the safeties are playing deeper with Maclin, Perriman and Wallace are on the field. That will give Woodhead space to work his magic. Woodhead is going to have a big year if he stays healthy.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
A lot of people have mentioned how Perriman will benefit from the signing of Maclin, but I see Woodhead being a huge beneficiary from this signing and maybe more so than Perriman.

I can incision these 3rd and long plays where the safeties are playing deeper with Maclin, Perriman and Wallace are on the field. That will give Woodhead space to work his magic. Woodhead is going to have a big year if he stays healthy.
I never thought about that. It's going to be interesting watching the offense this year.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Is anyone a little concerned that we haven't seen much of Maclin in pre season?

To be fair haven't really seen much of any of the the wide receiver. Micheal Campanaro has been the most productive receiver in preseason so far for The Ravens. I think some of that has to do with the quarterback play and probably lack of run game success. I think when Joe Flacco comes back and the offensive line is more sync the offense will be more productive.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To be fair haven't really seen much of any of the the wide receiver. Micheal Campanaro has been the most productive receiver in preseason so far for The Ravens. I think some of that has to do with the quarterback play and probably lack of run game success. I think when Joe Flacco comes back and the offensive line is more sync the offense will be more productive.

we hope...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Next offseason we should have a good bit of cap to make a nice move or two. Nothing absurd like the Jags in recent years but a solid OL signing for sure.

I think the money is spent on WR and OL is drafted. Anyway, think next off season is offense heavy.