• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Welcome to B-More, Jeremy Maclin!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
one has to seriously ask themselves... is this the kind of cut the ravens were waiting for? im not big on using dinosaurs as band aids, nor am i big on stunting growth of the young guys, but we likely lost pitta for the season, chris moore is in OTAs looking like he washed his hands with olive oil, camp is about as dependable as a chrysler, and neither wallace nor perriman have anything resembling a slot skill set.

maclin isnt some ancient geriatric, he doesnt fall in that same category of short term band aids weve used in the past. he has been a very good pro wr for a long time, runs excellent routes, still has enough speed and explosion to get open consistently, and reliable hands. he's an ideal slot guy in the AFCnorth and fits the bill of reliable consistent target.

this is the wr weve been waiting for and i think were gonna make a BIG push to get him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why did the Chiefs cut him?
maybe they feel better about chris conley than the fans do? idk man i dont get it, but as long as its not some undisclosed injury or late-breaking drug test, i hope we make a move. this would make our offensive woes a lot less scary

bMore Heathen

Practice Squad
It's kind of strange that they would try to shop him for a late round pick, at the least. Maybe his contract was prohibitive? For Andy to throw in the towel on him is telling though, he was Maclin's biggest fan.

With that said, as long as he's healthy, I would take him in a heartbeat.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
maybe they feel better about chris conley than the fans do? idk man i dont get it, but as long as its not some undisclosed injury or late-breaking drug test, i hope we make a move. this would make our offensive woes a lot less scary
As long as it isn't one of those reasons, then I wouldn't be against signing him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also troubling is that this comes after OTAs which means one of 2 things...

1. They really like what they've seen from Conley or possibly Robinson

2. He is showing his age in OTAs and maybe lost a step.

10m in cap savings is no minuscule thing, but you would think Andy reid of all people would want him there for the growth of pat mahomes

My friends a Chiefs fan and said he would be a good fit for us. But he did only play like four games last season because of injury. He was also injured the season before as well.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You know if we don't consider this move. I'd be more pissed than the Jernigan trade. Even if we come out losers in this scenario.

I'd love to have him.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'd love this move. Get it done Ozzie!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maclin is a really good player and he's only 28-29. Good route runner and solid hands.
I want us to go and grow some balls and get Maclin and trade a high pick for Sammy watkins

suddenly are WR core looks great!

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Maclin is a really good player and he's only 28-29. Good route runner and solid hands.
I want us to go and grow some balls and get Maclin and trade a high pick for Sammy watkins

suddenly are WR core looks great!
Well we haven't gotten them yet, so...

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
we have 3 million in cap room. If flacco has any decency and actually cared about this team rather than copy and pasting the same song next year in the end of season press conference he'd take a paycut. I'm sure his hundreds of millions by the end of his career will be fine for a guy tha'ts never even been a great QB.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
He was a cut candidate of mine when the beginning of the off-season started that I advocated we go after, think this was about the only thing I was right about this year.

Doesn't seem like we have enough cap space so I'm sure there will be a restructure if we happen to sign him. But he has no reason to hurry and there is plenty of teams that could use him. If we do... I'm sure the Oz haters will just say we over paid a aging wr

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
man i hope we do this. our wr corps would be the most under the radar unit in the league. they would complement eachother so well. perriman and wallace could seriously light up the league with explosive plays this year if the line is at least decent(big IF) and a sure handed, savvy route running reliable guy like maclin to play the safety valve and chain mover, its an excellent and complementary trio, i think thats a dream group for flacco honestly.