• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Browns

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lots of things to watch for...

both Greedy Williams and Denzel Ward out against the Rams, will be something to watch for this week

we need to get back on track - if we lose this game and go 0-2 to start the tricky bit of the schedule then we put ourselves in a hole

need to go 3-2 or better over the next 5 games

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Excited for this game! Everyone needs to chill on the meltdowns we can’t win them all and the chiefs game is an L I’m willing to take. We should be able to win this game go Ravens!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Really worried about the defense against that offense.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Really worried about the defense against that offense.

Their offense got shutdown by Tennessee that couldn't stop Gardner Minshew. They then beat up on a terrible Jets team. Plus it seems tonight Baker is going to be forced into a shootout without their top corners to stop Goff and company. If at least one of their corners are out next week, it offsets us not having Jimmy out there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Straight up, RUN THE BALL.

Get creative with it, don’t just plow up the middle
Like you did vs Arizona, use your misdirection, use your scheming and pulls and exotic, use your RPOs, and zone reads. RUN THE DAMN BALL. We are the deadliest running team In the league and we are the ONLY team that can run the ball to truly set up the pass, every other team is basically the opposite, everyone passes to set up the run, but not us.

God dammit harbaugh do not tank the best looking ravens season since 2012 by forgetting who the hell we are

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm definitely taking the Under lol.
Careful
EFGndhBUUAEfKTt

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Time to sit Boykin and see what Roberts and Scott can do.
I wouldn't mind DB shakeup either. TJ doesn't play anywhere near what his paycheck would suggest, give a chance to Elliott and put Thomas where he's supposed to be.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn't mind DB shakeup either. TJ doesn't play anywhere near what his paycheck would suggest, give a chance to Elliott and put Thomas where he's supposed to be.

i dont get why deshon isnt seeing the field - he was awesome in preseason for the last 2 years now, has a nose for the football and has shown some range yet chuck clark is consistently on the field ahead of him

Elliott at the moment is only playing special teams - tbf he seems to have become part of the core of our special teams unit but that shouldnt preclude us from getting value from him on the back end

with regards to boykin and roberts there's no point moving around their snaps - roberts already plays more snaps than boykin by a very large amount he just doesnt get many targets - might be worth seeing what we have in scott, not sure hed play many snaps of offence though

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if Elliott isn't getting playing time just because they're saving him for if Thomas or Jefferson gets hurt. I hope that's not the case because he's got way too much potential to just be playing special teams.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Roberts got away with OPI and caught a heave whereas Boykin got his fingertips on an overthrown ball.

I'm not saying Boykin is playing well, but you have to give your WR a chance. Also Lamar needs to get some new checkdown receivers because KC keyed in on Andrews and so will everyone else

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Roberts got away with OPI and caught a heave whereas Boykin got his fingertips on an overthrown ball.

I'm not saying Boykin is playing well, but you have to give your WR a chance. Also Lamar needs to get some new checkdown receivers because KC keyed in on Andrews and so will everyone else
A healthy Andrews would have been more difficult to handle.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wonder if Elliott isn't getting playing time just because they're saving him for if Thomas or Jefferson gets hurt. I hope that's not the case because he's got way too much potential to just be playing special teams.
I doubt it. I don't see the benefit for the team to do that.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I doubt it. I don't see the benefit for the team to do that.

I'm not saying it's the reason, but there doesn't seem to be any logical reason for why he's not getting snaps on defense. The way that Elliott played in pre-season and training camp surely should have earned him some playing time and chances to show what he can do in a game that counts, but instead he's been relegated to special teams. No one can convince me that Elliott isn't more talented than Levine and Clark, who are both getting plenty of looks out there.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not saying it's the reason, but there doesn't seem to be any logical reason for why he's not getting snaps on defense. The way that Elliott played in pre-season and training camp surely should have earned him some playing time and chances to show what he can do in a game that counts, but instead he's been relegated to special teams. No one can convince me that Elliott isn't more talented than Levine and Clark, who are both getting plenty of looks out there.
Levine I assume it’s due to his experience and knowledge back there with our new additions since he’s been with the team the longest of those dudes. With a team dealing with numerous issues in coverage at the LB spot and issues with communication I can get why he is there. Don’t forget we’ve played him at LB before

As for Clark, I think he must practice better or something. We seem to put a premium on that. Look at guys like Brown JR as an example. He’s bad a practice but good in real games.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Levine I assume it’s due to his experience and knowledge back there with our new additions since he’s been with the team the longest of those dudes. With a team dealing with numerous issues in coverage at the LB spot and issues with communication I can get why he is there. Don’t forget we’ve played him at LB before

As for Clark, I think he must practice better or something. We seem to put a premium on that. Look at guys like Brown JR as an example. He’s bad a practice but good in real games.
Experience and knowledge is all fine but if a player isn't performing (our middle of the field coverage is a problem for quite some time now), guy who showed speed and ball skills for two years now deserves a shot in my book. I'd rather Elliott make mistakes than Levine and/or Jefferson.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Experience and knowledge is all fine but if a player isn't performing (our middle of the field coverage is a problem for quite some time now), guy who showed speed and ball skills for two years now deserves a shot in my book. I'd rather Elliott make mistakes than Levine and/or Jefferson.
I agree it would be nice to involve Elliott and give him a shot or rotate him in at least with Clark. I get not taking Jefferson out (so far...but he should be put on notice imo, he’s been underperforming as far as I’m concerned) but I think you could swap out Clark for Elliott and try them both and see who flashes.