• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 7 Discussion (Other Teams)

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I don’t think it’s fair to say the Joe that we just saw tonight if the Joe Flacco we watched for 11 seasons pre ACL I really think he was a different dude he was more comfortable in the pocket and his mechanics were better it’s like he never really trusted it again

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t think it’s fair to say the Joe that we just saw tonight if the Joe Flacco we watched for 11 seasons pre ACL I really think he was a different dude he was more comfortable in the pocket and his mechanics were better it’s like he never really trusted it again
The Raiders game in Oakland was way before he had an ACL tear and he was exactly the same as tonight in that game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Most of the time when QBs come back from tearing an ACL they are fine, however it is truly a mindset thing and if he never was the same than I guess this could be it, but I don't think it is or else Lost is right to blame Hurst for post ACL Joe.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
My wife and I just arrived back home here in VA from our trip out West to L.A. and then San Francisco. As always, I was sporting my Ravens gear (i,.e. hat, shirt and watch etc.) while sitting up in FIRST CLASS! :giggle:

Upon seeing my gear, a few cats stopped near me in the line to their seats and one in particular mentioned Joe. He said; "Hey man! Did you see Flacco last night?" I said; "Yeah! I saw him, man. What about him?" He then said; "That dude is horrible! And, Troy Aikman was killing him last night! Seems like he just doesn't care and plays with no emotions, slow and lethargic!" I responded with; "Man! We in Ravens Nation witnessed that cat playing like that for nearly 11 seasons! It's not new to us! Some people like his so-called; "Cool Joe" demeanour."

Then, surprisingly, that cat said to me; "Man! I can't stand that in a QB! Where's your heart, passion and your fire? Flacco is no leader!"

nZ2FKNY.gif

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
My wife and I just arrived back home here in VA from our trip out West to L.A. and then San Francisco. As always, I was sporting my Ravens gear (i,.e. hat, shirt and watch etc.) while sitting up in FIRST CLASS! :giggle:

Upon seeing my gear, a few cats stopped near me in the line to their seats and one in particular mentioned Joe. He said; "Hey man! Did you see Flacco last night?" I said; "Yeah! I saw him, man. What about him?" He then said; "That dude is horrible! And, Troy Aikman was killing him last night! Seems like he just doesn't care and plays with no emotions, slow and lethargic!" I responded with; "Man! We in Ravens Nation witnessed that cat playing like that for nearly 11 seasons! It's not new to us! Some people like his so-called; "Cool Joe" demeanour."

Then, surprisingly, that cat said to me; "Man! I can't stand that in a QB! Where's your heart, passion and your fire? Flacco is no leader!"

nZ2FKNY.gif
First of all, when were you going to tell us that cats can talk to you? Secondly, what kind of cats were they and were they walking by themselves?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

nZ2FKNY.gif
Love wearing my Ravens gear when traveling. I show my support for the Ravens everywhere I go. I couldn't stand how Troy Aikman was ranking on Flacco and then would follow it up by saying, Elway knows QBs. Sure he does

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
First of all, when were you going to tell us that cats can talk to you? Secondly, what kind of cats were they and were they walking by themselves?

Lol! Well, coming from out West (San Francisco, CA) last night, we flew into Minneapolis, MN so, the cats that got onboard the plane with us were sporting their Packers, Bears and Vikings gear.

Love wearing my Ravens gear when travelling. I show my support for the Ravens everywhere I go. I couldn't stand how Troy Aikman was ranking on Flacco and then would follow it up by saying, Elway knows QBs. Sure he does

I'm the same! I never travel without my Ravens gear! And, I loved how Troy Aikman was smoking "Flucco" for his lethargic nonsense. Just goes to show you that others "outside" of the organization and our fanbase see "Flucco" for who he really is. I was rolling listen to Troy's take. He's a retired 3x Super Bowl Champion QB so, his words about "Flucco" was very damaging but truthful IMO.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Cleveland has a bye week this week and then plays the Patriots in week 8. We have a serious chance to take a huge lead on them if we win this week.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Lol! Well, coming from out West (San Francisco, CA) last night, we flew into Minneapolis, MN so, the cats that got onboard the plane with us were sporting their Packers, Bears and Vikings gear.
So you got pictures of these felines wearing these clothes or nah???

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that's not our style though. Harbaughs ravens post SB never EVER PULL AWAY
This is very true, but we also have a better offense and no Pittsburgh on our tail. Not saying our defense couldn't hinder us.

Also, one reason we haven't pulled away in the past is due to the AFC North being consistently the toughest division in the league.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
We have not shown the ability to play well against good teams. The Chargers game last year was a huge shock but then again they're the Chargers.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cleveland has a bye week this week and then plays the Patriots in week 8. We have a serious chance to take a huge lead on them if we win this week.

The Ravens have to think if they'd rather think about a loss or a win for 2 weeks. Could be the push we need.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope we come out with a W tomorrow, rest up, get Jimmy and Hollywood ready to go and then pound the Patriots into submission. The next three weeks can be glorious or not...