• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.
  • Hey there! We are so glad that you could make it to PurpleFlock on game day- thanks for stopping by! Be sure to sign up here in order to talk about today's game with our other members.

Week 7 Baltimore Ravens @ Seattle Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
That was a game turning moment. Honestly Jackson looker Brady-esque in his competitiveness out there today. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB play like that for this team. I’m not talking about throwing the ball just fire

Says a lot about Harbaugh's trust in his QB. Lamar was sensational today.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey Militant! Congrats on your win today bud! Aiken is your cousin!? That's awesome, he is a hell of a great player. He's hurt right now isn't he? I hope he comes back soon. Is he a cool guy?

Yeah, he is! His dad and my dad are 1st cousins. I don't know him as of yet. My dad told me about him when I visited my dad in Gulfport, MS a few months ago. He showed me a picture with him and Aikem (when they attended the funeral of a family member) and said; "This is your cousin Aikem and he plays for the Chicago Bears!" I was pleasantly surprised so I ordered a Hicks jersey! Gotta rep my family bro! :lol:

And, I loved that win today! Feels great knowing that we're heading into a BYE WEEK to get rested and healed up after a HUGE win like that!

Yeah, he is! His dad and my dad are 1st cousins. I don't know him as of yet. My dad told me about him when I visited my dad in Gulfport, MS a few months ago. He showed me a picture with him and Aikem (when they attended the funeral of a family member) and said; "This is your cousin Aikem and he plays for the Chicago Bears!" I was pleasantly surprised so I ordered a Hicks jersey! Gotta rep my family bro! :lol:

And, I loved that win today! Feels great knowing that we're heading into a BYE WEEK to get rested and healed up after a HUGE win like that!
Awesome! I'll root for Aikem just for you buddy. I can't ever root for the Bears though lol. Aikem had a huge year last year if I remember right.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
after today im petitioning to replace lamars last name on his jersey with ravens, because he put the team on his back.
No one does it like Lamar does. His competitive spirit to win for his team I truly think is unreal for a 21-22 yr old kid! He is a living, breathing sensational phenom. Truly. I have not seen another athlete that my eyes are riveted to like Lamar. I know this might sound purple koolaidish, but I only remember doing this at Wizards games when MJ played for them a little bit. He is just one of the most electric, charismatic and humble athletes in the NFL.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still want to see a little more crispness and dominance perse from our offense (i.e. spreading the ball around to multiple receivers more consistently) BUT I absolutely loved what I saw today with the exception of those uncharacteristic drops from Andrews. I love how the "pieces" that we've brought in on defense have ALL come in with a certain type of swagger to them that adds to the mystique of the Ravens defense!

We're 5-2 in total command of the AFC North and heading into a BYE WEEK after a win like that!

BEING A RAVENS FAN IS GOOD....NAW......IT'S GREAT!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I5ZFDlH.gif
Too many drops by reliable receivers today Mili! Otherwise Lamar would have another 200 yds passing +1 TD and 100 yds rushing. I couldn't believe Mandrews dropping as many as he did today.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
That was a game turning moment. Honestly Jackson looker Brady-esque in his competitiveness out there today. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB play like that for this team. I’m not talking about throwing the ball just fire
I totally concur. In fact, it is rare to see a QB play like this for any team. He is uber competitive without the attitude. Just full of positive competitiveness. He doesn't need to play angry to be successful. He needs to play like Lamar to be successful. He is an absolute 'PHENOM'.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Jamison Hensley @jamisonhensley

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Lamar Jackson convinced him to go for it on fourth-and-2 and pull field goal team off the field
Yeah it didn’t sound like there was a lot of convincing to do. LJ came off the field saying they should go for it, John said he asked him does he really want to and he said yes. John said he let some clock run then called the time out to put the O back on the field. Ballsy move that scared the shit out of me! But after giving it some thought it was the right place right time for the gamble. Non division, non conference game where we were huge underdogs.

By the way, what was the spread?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah it didn’t sound like there was a lot of convincing to do. LJ came off the field saying they should go for it, John said he asked him does he really want to and he said yes. John said he let some clock run then called the time out to put the O back on the field. Ballsy move that scared the shit out of me! But after giving it some thought it was the right place right time for the gamble. Non division, non conference game where we were huge underdogs.

I think the Hawks were favored by 3 to 4 points

Ludy51

Hall of Famer

Hawks by 3.5

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I totally concur. In fact, it is rare to see a QB play like this for any team. He is uber competitive without the attitude. Just full of positive competitiveness. He doesn't need to play angry to be successful. He needs to play like Lamar to be successful. He is an absolute 'PHENOM'.

Factor out those drops and the stat sheet reads 14-20 in those conditions with the production on the ground. That is amazing.

Wilson went 20-41 with only 240 in the air.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Marcus Peters Debuts @Filmstudy research
The high-profile acquisition did not disappoint. In fact, the results mirrored some of the boom/bust results of his past and the respect garnered from opposing QBs. Analyzing by target:

· (Q2, 15:00): Peters trailed WR Brown across the field as the Ravens afforded Wilson ample time and space (ATS) with a 4-man rush. Wilson lobbed a ball towards the left at the goal line where Brown dropped a potential TD pass.

· (Q2, 7:59): Peters had tight man coverage on WR Tyler Lockett in the back of the end zone. Wormley delivered a QH and Wilson’s pass was collected by the Seahawks receiver well out of bounds.

· (Q2, 5:12): At the snap, Peters baited Wilson by backing 8-10 yards off WR Jaron Brown by the right sideline with his eyes in the backfield. With ATS, Wilson threw a floater for Brown, Peters broke on the football, easily undercut the route for an interception, and returned it 67 yards for the TD that put the Ravens ahead. They would never trail again.

The Ravens played more man coverage against the Seahawks than I charted from the Rams games I reviewed closely (Cleveland and Tampa Bay).

Had Brown hauled in the ball, pessimistic fans would have highlighted Peters’ inability to maintain man coverage and the way the results underscored his extreme strengths and weaknesses. Brown’s drop should not materially impact that opinion, but after the interception, Peters was not targeted in the final 35 minutes of the game. He finished with 3 targets, 2 incompletes and a pick-6.

Regardless of one’s opinion of Peters’ weaknesses, it’s fair to say he continues to command respect from opposing QBs with his big play ability.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Other Notes @Filmstudy research
· Jihad Ward continued to play well. He had 2 pressures plus another QH by stunt on the final defensive snap (Q4, 1:58).

· Chuck Clark played all 68 snaps as the signal caller and registered 7 tackles. He had a PD in solo coverage of Lockett 24 yards downfield (Q2, 5:18) that was eerily similar to another solo coverage (also 24 yards downfield and by the left sideline) of TE Jacob Hollister (Q3, 12:12). His 4 targets were the 2 incomplete passes above plus passes for 5 and 6 yards, each with 0 YAC.

· LJ Fort (54 snaps) has increased from 0 to 24 to 54 snaps in his 3 weeks with the Ravens. He had 6 tackles, including 2 for loss. He took down Carson for a 6-yard loss (Q1, 9:37) where he read the play from the initial movements. He also registered the Ravens only sack by tackling Wilson in the open field for no gain

· Josh Bynes (50 snaps) did not participate in a turnover this week, but his snaps increased with the loss of DeShon Elliott as the Ravens did not have the desired personnel for a 4-safety quarter package). Josh led the team with 8 tackles and has been a welcome recharge for the run defense, including primary credit for a 3-yard takedown of Carson (Q3, 0:01)

· Brandon Williams was the star on the defensive line with a pair of crushing QHs on consecutive plays (beginning Q3, 13:14). The vaunted Seahawks rushing attack averaged just 3.9 yards rushing per play (71 yards on 18 plays) when he was in. Workhorse RB Chris Carson had 21 of Seattle’s 22 RB carries with a long of 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.