• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Week

ALI624

Pro Bowler
I hope that if we don’t beat the Patriots that we pull a Rocky Balboa and take them the distance. Go shot for shot with them. I think if we can do that it will help propel us the rest of the season.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope that if we don’t beat the Patriots that we pull a Rocky Balboa and take them the distance. Go shot for shot with them. I think if we can do that it will help propel us the rest of the season.
We need to run , run , run and run the clock down forever. Keep Brady off the field .Too many 3 and outs and we are in trouble.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yea i hope it actually goes the distance. I had us beating either hawks or pats and i dont think it will be both lol. I doubt BB will even scheme up something that great for us tbh. Im still more worried about the playoff BB.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Man what an addition Chuck Clark has been so far since he's been drafted. Last year he made some great plays including that INT against KC and he's held up well in coverage. I'm impressed with what I've seen from him and I cannot wait to see what he'll be in the future. He's held it down.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My guess is that bellichick has some kind of answer for our run game schematically, and leans on pure secondary talent to stop the pass, that leaves, once again, scrambling.

Our advantage, you can’t scheme to stop our run game without playing man, you can’t scheme to stop our pass game without some kind of zone, you can’t stop the scramble without zone and extra dbs. If Hollywood is back and healthy, we should be able to find an advantage on basically every snap, run pre snap motions to sniff out the man coverage, lots of them, when you find man coverage, give Lamar the liberty to send multiple guys hot down the field, backs are turned, dbs are deep, if a guy gets outran we have shots and if not Lamar has space, they will spy but Lamar is not rg3 or Kaepernick, a single spy doesn’t stop Lamar and that is a man out of coverage.

This is the game for Boykin and brown, get downfield and make some plays vs man coverage.

in terms of boykin - david culley said something interesting today with regards to his development - he was on top of the playbook in preseason and then the playbook obviously gets massive and wide and he just didnt have it all down to start but that he's really really close now

and if that's not bs then i think we're gonna see more snaps for boykin because he blocks well and he offers a lot more potential in the passing game than any receiver on our roster except for hollywood and andrews

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
in terms of boykin - david culley said something interesting today with regards to his development - he was on top of the playbook in preseason and then the playbook obviously gets massive and wide and he just didnt have it all down to start but that he's really really close now

and if that's not bs then i think we're gonna see more snaps for boykin because he blocks well and he offers a lot more potential in the passing game than any receiver on our roster except for hollywood and andrews
Boykin has seemed to be getting more burn recently. He’s getting more snaps, I’m seeing him motioned, he’s gotten I believe 2 targets each of the past 2 weeks and I believe came down with all 4, and some solid plays too with one 55 yard bomb, and that bomb wasn’t an easy catch either, in the rain with trail coverage he had a strong 3 steps on his man, slightly under thrown so he had to fall with hands blocking his view while going all hands to catch it, that was a really underrated catch.

And his deep slant vs the bengals was textbook too, if he can give us 2-3 of those catches per game it would be awesome, if he can add another bomb every other week that’s gravy.

My guess is that bellichick has some kind of answer for our run game schematically, and leans on pure secondary talent to stop the pass, that leaves, once again, scrambling.

Our advantage, you can’t scheme to stop our run game without playing man, you can’t scheme to stop our pass game without some kind of zone, you can’t stop the scramble without zone and extra dbs. If Hollywood is back and healthy, we should be able to find an advantage on basically every snap, run pre snap motions to sniff out the man coverage, lots of them, when you find man coverage, give Lamar the liberty to send multiple guys hot down the field, backs are turned, dbs are deep, if a guy gets outran we have shots and if not Lamar has space, they will spy but Lamar is not rg3 or Kaepernick, a single spy doesn’t stop Lamar and that is a man out of coverage.

This is the game for Boykin and brown, get downfield and make some plays vs man coverage.

Hopefully he’ll have time to make those passes

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I don't know what to do with my hands during the bye.
giphy.gif

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well clearly all the trades fell through so we just brought in another patriot (from their practice squad this time):

https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/status/1187504635340361728

Ufomba Kamalu
Well after finding out we did what we did, I tried to dig up some intelligence on this dude and I was pleasantly surprised. He is not unlike Jihad Ward - a ton of potential if you used correctly and Wink is just the man to do it.

https://nesn.com/2018/12/why-patriots-ufomba-kamalu-could-still-have-untapped-potential/

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
well, I guess I'll give the trades thread until next week and then close the thread
I would just close it now. I don't think we're doing much else to be honest. Unless of course Yannick suddenly becomes available which is tantamount to hitting the lottery.