• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Browns and Steelers and other Forums

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Browns and Steelers Forums
It's always fun to see what other fans are saying. Here's what I got:

Steelers Fan Board:
Huge huge win for the Ravens. They got lucky with two uncharacteristic Seattle errors leading to defensive touchdowns but you have to take advantage and they did. Lamar played really well to be fair to him.

I had this as a loss for Baltimore leaving the door open in the division. An injury to Jackson is probably the only way they don’t win it now.

Steelers Fan Board:
Yea this was a very damaging win by Baltimore to the Steelers chances. I’ll admit I didn’t see this one coming I thought the Ravens would lose this game but they played a great game today and played to win. The Steelers after this really need to almost win their next 3 games at home with Miami Indy and the Rams.

Browns Fan Board:
And the North is owned by........ The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.

Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.

Browns Fan Board:
Well I guess the whole "Just wait until the Ravens actually play someone and we will gain ground on them" train of thought just got derailed a bit.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Browns and Steelers Forums
It's always fun to see what other fans are saying. Here's what I got:

Steelers Fan Board:
Huge huge win for the Ravens. They got lucky with two uncharacteristic Seattle errors leading to defensive touchdowns but you have to take advantage and they did. Lamar played really well to be fair to him.

I had this as a loss for Baltimore leaving the door open in the division. An injury to Jackson is probably the only way they don’t win it now.

Steelers Fan Board:
Yea this was a very damaging win by Baltimore to the Steelers chances. I’ll admit I didn’t see this one coming I thought the Ravens would lose this game but they played a great game today and played to win. The Steelers after this really need to almost win their next 3 games at home with Miami Indy and the Rams.

Browns Fan Board:
And the North is owned by........ The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.

Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.

Browns Fan Board:
Well I guess the whole "Just wait until the Ravens actually play someone and we will gain ground on them" train of thought just got derailed a bit.

The responses to one of those Browns posts were embarrassing. "Go and support the Rats then and join their forum"

We own the North until it's proved otherwise, simple as.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We also benefit from our rivals being gutter trash this season.
yes but the Pats not only have the AFC East and the NFC East, they also get a chance to play the Bengals, Steelers and Brownies. That's 13 games.

yes but the Pats not only have the AFC East and the NFC East, they also get a chance to play the Bengals, Steelers and Brownies. That's 13 games.

We’ll see what happens when they start playing real NFL teams. They really haven’t been tested yet. They will waltz into the playoffs for sure, but we really don’t know yet just how good they are.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Saying we got lucky on that pick 6 is CRAZY lmfaooooooooo

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what would be awesome?

Getting both Leonard Williams and Yannick.

if EDC does that....

and we suffer no more season ending crap injuries

we can beat the patriots..there, I said it.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what would be awesome?

Getting both Leonard Williams and Yannick.

if EDC does that....

and we suffer no more season ending crap injuries

we can beat the patriots..there, I said it.

As constructed we can beat anybody. We have the run game and a defense that is coming around to do it.

Lamar can will it.

Went to the Browns forum ... seems like some fans have the sentiment that they're in trouble and Lamar is no joke. Others are not surprisingly in denial, saying Seattle is a good team that just laid an egg and looking at Lamar's lame passing stat line to justify their narrative about how Lamar is still just a running back who can't throw and will get hurt and have a short career. Either they didn't see the game or saw it and decided to discount the significance of an 7 minute scoring drive to go up by 2 scores and the leadership element Jackson showed as he willed his team to a win at the end of the game.

One thing they seem to agree on. We have an advantage in the coaching department and that they hate Kitchens.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Went to the Browns forum ... seems like some fans have the sentiment that they're in trouble and Lamar is no joke. Others are not surprisingly in denial, saying Seattle is a good team that just laid an egg and looking at Lamar's lame passing stat line to justify their narrative about how Lamar is still just a running back who can't throw and will get hurt and have a short career. Either they didn't see the game or saw it and decided to discount the significance of an 7 minute scoring drive to go up by 2 scores and the leadership element Jackson showed as he willed his team to a win at the end of the game.

One thing they seem to agree on. We have an advantage in the coaching department and that they hate Kitchens.

Want an amazing stat line? Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield combined stat line

8 tds and 16 ints. 57.8 completion %

Lamar Jackson, the running back, the icon

11 tds (all passing) and 5 ints completing 63.3% of his passes.

So again, the more Browns fans talk, the worse it makes Baker look.

Want an amazing stat line? Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield combined stat line

8 tds and 16 ints. 57.8 completion %

Lamar Jackson, the running back, the icon

11 tds (all passing) and 5 ints completing 63.3% of his passes.

So again, the more Browns fans talk, the worse it makes Baker look.
No lie - just imagine the talk from around the league if Lamar had Baker's passing stats? Somehow, Jackson's ability to run puts more harsh scrutiny on his passing stats ... as if his passing stats would somehow look better if he just couldn't run. Its ridiculous.

Some are unable to understand that Lamar's passing stats are going to suffer when he opts to run with a 100% chance of getting a first down, instead of opting to throw a pass that maybe has a 70% chance of yielding a first down. They also feel that by taking that option, it is a sign that he cannot throw the ball, rather than him just making the smart decision. That is based on the incorrect assumption that it is always better for a QB to throw than to run.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No lie - just imagine the talk from around the league if Lamar had Baker's passing stats? Somehow, Jackson's ability to run puts more harsh scrutiny on his passing stats ... as if his passing stats would somehow look better if he just couldn't run. Its ridiculous.

Some are unable to understand that Lamar's passing stats are going to suffer when he opts to run with a 100% chance of getting a first down, instead of opting to throw a pass that maybe has a 70% chance of yielding a first down. They also feel that by taking that option, it is a sign that he cannot throw the ball, rather than him just making the smart decision. That is based on the incorrect assumption that it is always better for a QB to throw than to run.
Nail on the head. I’m really happy to see Lamar choosing to scramble, because earlier in the year he was so determined to prove himself as a passer that he wouldn’t even leave the pocket and take sacks just trying to wait for an opening, or he would scramble and keep eyes downfield for too long and let the defense adjust when he would have an easy first down and then some ahead of him, it seems he starts to take off when the game gets tight and the receivers aren’t making plays and aren’t getting open. If he’s scrambling when the lane is there, we are gonna be hard to stop. If he keeps trying too hard to prove himself as a passer we’re gonna struggle. That’s what we saw vs KC and Pit

Nail on the head. I’m really happy to see Lamar choosing to scramble, because earlier in the year he was so determined to prove himself as a passer that he wouldn’t even leave the pocket and take sacks just trying to wait for an opening, or he would scramble and keep eyes downfield for too long and let the defense adjust when he would have an easy first down and then some ahead of him, it seems he starts to take off when the game gets tight and the receivers aren’t making plays and aren’t getting open. If he’s scrambling when the lane is there, we are gonna be hard to stop. If he keeps trying too hard to prove himself as a passer we’re gonna struggle. That’s what we saw vs KC and Pit
Yeah I know we were both expressing the concern that he may be trying to prove something and held the ball too long instead of just using his game. I didn't have the chance to see KC, but I saw PIT and that seemed to be obvious.

His ability to drop back, then take off and run in that final scoring drive broke the Seahawks back. Not only did he get chunk yards, it allowed us to absolutely drain the clock. At that point, we didn't even need red zone success ... just going up by 2 scores and leaving them under 4 minutes to play basically sealed the game. That last defensive TD was just icing on the cake.

We’ll see what happens when they start playing real NFL teams. They really haven’t been tested yet. They will waltz into the playoffs for sure, but we really don’t know yet just how good they are.
Well, I'm hoping we are a real NFL team and if so, we'll find out how good they are in a couple weeks. We may be finding out then whether we're a contender in the AFC or only a contender in the AFCN.

Well, I'm hoping we are a real NFL team and if so, we'll find out how good they are in a couple weeks. We may be finding out then whether we're a contender in the AFC or only a contender in the AFCN.

Yeah I think we’ll be the best team they’ve faced so far, and its Gonna be a measuring stick for us as well. Honestly if we just make it a respectable game I’ll feel good about it.

Yeah I think we’ll be the best team they’ve faced so far, and its Gonna be a measuring stick for us as well. Honestly if we just make it a respectable game I’ll feel good about it.
Yeah - I can understand that sentiment. Playing a respectable game vs. NE may be the best we can hope for. Although, I did not think we would beat Seattle, but I did say, I didn't care about a moral victory - we needed a real victory.

It just depends on what our goals are. If we can take down NE, we have a legit shot at nailing a bye week, given that KC has lost Mahomes for a few weeks and since Texans are sputtering a bit. If we don't, that shot won't be lost, but it is more likely we just end up playing to get our division.

It will be a big test for Lamar and our staff. Bill is the best schemer the league has ever seen. We are going to have to somehow out physical them and have Lamar be dynamic.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah - I can understand that sentiment. Playing a respectable game vs. NE may be the best we can hope for. Although, I did not think we would beat Seattle, but I did say, I didn't care about a moral victory - we needed a real victory.

It just depends on what our goals are. If we can take down NE, we have a legit shot at nailing a bye week, given that KC has lost Mahomes for a few weeks and since Texans are sputtering a bit. If we don't, that shot won't be lost, but it is more likely we just end up playing to get our division.

It will be a big test for Lamar and our staff. Bill is the best schemer the league has ever seen. We are going to have to somehow out physical them and have Lamar be dynamic.
that won't be difficult.