• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Browns and Steelers and other Forums

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Want an amazing stat line? Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield combined stat line

8 tds and 16 ints. 57.8 completion %

Lamar Jackson, the running back, the icon

11 tds (all passing) and 5 ints completing 63.3% of his passes.

So again, the more Browns fans talk, the worse it makes Baker look.

Darnold could be given a pass but none for Baker. They were being anointed as SB champs by some and were pretty much 100% picked to win the AFCN.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Darnold could be given a pass but none for Baker. They were being anointed as SB champs by some and were pretty much 100% picked to win the AFCN.
yes they were and although it's not over yet, after this week the Browns could be 2-5 with a loss to the Pats. Browns fans need to admit they are just the Browns, even with the talent they have on that team. Hope they keep Kitchens for a very long time, like Marvin Lewis long.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes they were and although it's not over yet, after this week the Browns could be 2-5 with a loss to the Pats. Browns fans need to admit they are just the Browns, even with the talent they have on that team. Hope they keep Kitchens for a very long time, like Marvin Lewis long.
I agree they'll be 2-5, BUT, I wouldn't write them off just quite yet.

They have the opposite schedule from us mostly... very hard in the beginning, very easy in the back-end.

They play NE, DEN and BUF the next three weeks. They could lose all three and it wouldn't surprise me.

That being said, after that, its cupcakes. Their last 7 games are Pittsburgh twice, Cincinnati twice, Miami, Arizona, and the Ravens. As poorly as they've played, I'm quite confident they can go 5-2 or 6-1 in that stretch.

That gets them to 7-8 wins alone. If they manage to beat like Denver and/or Buffalo (which it wouldn't surprise me if they did beat both), you're all of the sudden looking at a 8-10 win team. And 10 wins, quite frankly, will probably get them to win this division, especially if another one of their wins is by beating us again.

Maybe I give them too much credit. Outside of the loss to Tennessee on opening day, they're pretty much beating the teams they should, and losing to the teams that are better than them. Problem for us is... they've got about 7 games remaining on their schedule that are against teams that I think are certainly worse than them (PIT, CIN, ARZ, MIA, DEN). Maybe they don't win them all, but maybe they steal another win elsewhere (like beating Buffalo or the Ravens again).

If people think this is gonna be like a 5-6 win team based on how they've started, I think they're mistaken.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I agree they'll be 2-5, BUT, I wouldn't write them off just quite yet.

They have the opposite schedule from us mostly... very hard in the beginning, very easy in the back-end.

They play NE, DEN and BUF the next three weeks. They could lose all three and it wouldn't surprise me.

That being said, after that, its cupcakes. Their last 7 games are Pittsburgh twice, Cincinnati twice, Miami, Arizona, and the Ravens. As poorly as they've played, I'm quite confident they can go 5-2 or 6-1 in that stretch.

That gets them to 7-8 wins alone. If they manage to beat like Denver and/or Buffalo (which it wouldn't surprise me if they did beat both), you're all of the sudden looking at a 8-10 win team. And 10 wins, quite frankly, will probably get them to win this division, especially if another one of their wins is by beating us again.

Maybe I give them too much credit. Outside of the loss to Tennessee on opening day, they're pretty much beating the teams they should, and losing to the teams that are better than them. Problem for us is... they've got about 7 games remaining on their schedule that are against teams that I think are certainly worse than them (PIT, CIN, ARZ, MIA, DEN). Maybe they don't win them all, but maybe they steal another win elsewhere (like beating Buffalo or the Ravens again).

If people think this is gonna be like a 5-6 win team based on how they've started, I think they're mistaken.
I haven't written them off. They have a very easy schedule for the remainder of the games and ours is by far the hardest. That being said, I wouldn't call Pittsburgh a cupcake schedule and ARZ is playing better than expected. Hopefully Flacco has a good game vs. Cleveland as well.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what would be awesome?

Getting both Leonard Williams and Yannick.

if EDC does that....

and we suffer no more season ending crap injuries

we can beat the patriots..there, I said it.
I disagree. I think we can beat the Patriots as we are constituted right now. The defense needs to play well enough and the offense has to play ball control. Brady isn't playing great this year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I disagree. I think we can beat the Patriots as we are constituted right now. The defense needs to play well enough and the offense has to play ball control. Brady isn't playing great this year.

sorry but with McPhee gone for the year I don't see our pass rush being good enough to play a team with a very good O line.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven't written them off. They have a very easy schedule for the remainder of the games and ours is by far the hardest. That being said, I wouldn't call Pittsburgh a cupcake schedule and ARZ is playing better than expected. Hopefully Flacco has a good game vs. Cleveland as well.
That's fine. I have a lower opinion of the Steelers than most, and I don't think you'll see them do much winning the rest of the year.

As for Arizona, I think they're exactly where I thought they'd be. Improved, but nowhere near even an average team. They've won close games against bad teams (Bengals, Falcons, Giants) and have largely been dominated in all of their losses by better teams. I think they're a 5-6 win team all day long. Improved from last year certainly, but they really had nowhere to go but up. They could beat Cleveland, but they could also easily get blown out by them also.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
sorry but with McPhee gone for the year I don't see our pass rush being good enough to play a team with a very good O line.
I would ask you to go watch 3 quarters of our front 7 play after McPhee was hurt. Ferguson played really well as replacement. Surprisingly well. But, we can't allow Brady a lot of time in the pocket. He'll carve holes in the great wall of China if he has time.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey when a kid sees ghosts, he must be given a pass. Moreover, he was the one chosen that saw ghosts among 70000 people in the stadium!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
dont worry, hes gonna save his great play for when were up multiple scores in the fourth smh

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

The problem is even after they go 2-5, I can't see them finishing worse then 8-8 and probably 9'7.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Browns would be set up nicely if they lived up to their expectations with their soft schedule not counting the three divisional games as you throw the record out in those games. Last year, they were only a game or two out of Week 17 being for the AFC North Title and this year they self destructed under all the hype. I'm thinking 7-9 they could finish up.

Current Record: 2-5
@ Patriots: L
@ Broncos: W
Vs. Bills: L
Vs. Pittsburgh: W
Vs. Miami: W
Vs Bengals: W
@ Cardinals: L
vs Baltimore: L
@ Bengals: W

Final Record: 7-9

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The problem is even after they go 2-5, I can't see them finishing worse then 8-8 and probably 9'7.
Besides the Patriots I think they lose to the Bills, lose one to the Steelers, lose to the Cardinals, and we win the rematch. That would put them at 7-9. If they lose to the Broncos then that would be 6-10.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-28_17-59-42.png

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we pull off the win vs the patriots, it'll be the first time since forever where at this point i can safley say '' it's over'' we're AFC north champs.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Besides the Patriots I think they lose to the Bills, lose one to the Steelers, lose to the Cardinals, and we win the rematch. That would put them at 7-9. If they lose to the Broncos then that would be 6-10.

I look at the Steelers and realgthey stink and are beating no one; Cards also are still a free win. Maybe the Bills win, but that is an upset because the Bills have sort of had the free schedule the Pats have had and its hidden how bad they are. Cleveland is a much better team then the Bills.

That brings ne to the rematch. Cleveland won the first game decisively; the offense was bad all game and the defense was bad in the second half. Of those 2 issues only the defense has undergone any change from matchup 1.

I think I'm more worried about Pittsburgh. They have a very favorable schedule imo.

They're toughest remaining games are at home (Colts,Rams, Bills) and they tend to split with Baltimore. I'll take them over Cleveland (when is the last time the Browns beat them?).

I'd give them at least one, but probably two of the tough wins, 2 against the Browns, cincy of course, and they will be at the Jets.

That's 5-6 wins that I'm expecting and I really would not be shocked to see more.

Against the Ravens's difficult remaining games, this could be a real problem.

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I look at the Steelers and realgthey stink and are beating no one; Cards also are still a free win. Maybe the Bills win, but that is an upset because the Bills have sort of had the free schedule the Pats have had and its hidden how bad they are. Cleveland is a much better team then the Bills.

That brings ne to the rematch. Cleveland won the first game decisively; the offense was bad all game and the defense was bad in the second half. Of those 2 issues only the defense has undergone any change from matchup 1.
Still see the Browns managing to go .500 or higher on the season?