• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 8 Discussion (BYE Week Thread)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's pretty low percentage, going that fast to the touch

was a bit of a miskick with a sidespin that gave it no awkward bounce - i think you give koch the challenge (as he did with punting) of working out how to make the ball do fun things (like the punts where he makes the ball drop weirdly out of the air to challenge returners) off a drop kick like that and see what happens

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Why couldn't Mahomes had gotten hurt later, I don't want to see anyone hurt but a good game ruined by the untimely injury.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
was a bit of a miskick with a sidespin that gave it no awkward bounce - i think you give koch the challenge (as he did with punting) of working out how to make the ball do fun things (like the punts where he makes the ball drop weirdly out of the air to challenge returners) off a drop kick like that and see what happens
Yeah, anything is better than a high bounce kick with these rules

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting sidenote. Belichick won his 300th game. 1st was as Browns coach against NE and then his 300th as NE coach against Browns.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Interesting sidenote. Belichick won his 300th game. 1st was as Browns coach against NE and then his 300th as NE coach against Browns.
Don Shula has won 347. He is most likely going to break this record and a record, I never thought would ever get broken when I was younger.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Something tells me once he hits 350, that is when he'll stop coaching lol.
lol, I was watching the game today with my friend, who is a Bills fan, and said, BB wouldn't stop before breaking Don Shula's record, but it is possible, he would stop coaching the season after he breaks his record. It will be interesting how he does when Brady retires or leaves the 49ers, whichever comes first.

DMH_in_WA

Practice Squad
I sat through most of that Browns-Patriots game and I still don't know what I watched. There was stuff there I'd never seen in football ... ever. From the back to back fumbles followed by that, I guess, toss "interception" by the D-lineman 1/2 yard behind the LOS ... what? Taking an intentional penalty 4th and 11 so you can go for it on 4th and 16 from your own 19. The constant shooting themselves in the foot. Most shocking thing was it was only 27-13. Wow.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Someone do the math. Obviously 300 wins combine the regular season and playoffs, so how many more seasons would he have to coach and how many wins would they need to average per year to get 347?

DMH_in_WA

Practice Squad
Someone do the math. Obviously 300 wins combine the regular season and playoffs, so how many more seasons would he have to coach and how many wins would they need to average per year to get 347?

You can pencil in 6 wins vs their division every year as the baseline and go from there. #salty

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-28_13-39-55.png

I sat through most of that Browns-Patriots game and I still don't know what I watched. There was stuff there I'd never seen in football ... ever. From the back to back fumbles followed by that, I guess, toss "interception" by the D-lineman 1/2 yard behind the LOS ... what? Taking an intentional penalty 4th and 11 so you can go for it on 4th and 16 from your own 19. The constant shooting themselves in the foot. Most shocking thing was it was only 27-13. Wow.
They are without question the most self-destructive team in the league - and perhaps the worst coached.

Here's to hoping that continues ...

DMH_in_WA

Practice Squad
Saints destroyed the Cardinals. Suggs shouldn't be going out like this. I know it was his decision, but he should be in the Purple and Black being the General of our defense. Hard to see him in that red and white, especially how they're playing and being 3-4-1 in that division.