• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 10 Discussion (Other Teams)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
oh i know that i was one of those who had him ahead of derwin james on my draft board coming out - just find it amazing how quickly the slight position shift and major geographical shift have turned him into a star
I had him above Derwin James as well and I also thought Safety was his best position, even though I thought he could be used all over the defensive backfield.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The success of the Backup Quarterbacks this season has destroyed the myth that you need to pay $30M+ to Quarterbacks.

nah - it tells you 2 things but neither of them are that:

1) a good backup is maybe the 2nd most important position on an nfl team behind the qb
2) there's no reason to settle for bad qb and pay 30m/yr if the player isnt playing at a franchise level

but you absolutely should pay whatever you need to in order to retain your franchise qb if they actually are a franchise qb

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
nah - it tells you 2 things but neither of them are that:

1) a good backup is maybe the 2nd most important position on an nfl team behind the qb
2) there's no reason to settle for bad qb and pay 30m/yr if the player isnt playing at a franchise level

but you absolutely should pay whatever you need to in order to retain your franchise qb if they actually are a franchise qb
yep and I certainly see Lamar Jackson getting a 50m dollar deal in a few years, especially with the CBA raising the cap.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
McVay has lost his touch. McVay said pulling Goff for Blake Bortles was part of the gameplan. Ok then lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah I seem to notice that around the league, it seems as if the quality of Offensive Lineman coming out of College is sinking.
it definitely has been and for sometime now. Every year around the forum mock I notice that when I'm studying the tape.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
it definitely has been and for sometime now. Every year around the forum mock I notice that when I'm studying the tape.

Do you think it's the coaching in college where they aren't prepared enough to transition to the NFL? I know there's always going to be a transition from college to pros and the development of players, and if the proper coaching is there in the NFL. Something has to be done to have them more pro ready from the beginning.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Do you think it's the coaching in college where they aren't prepared enough to transition to the NFL? I know there's always going to be a transition from college to pros and the development of players, and if the proper coaching is there in the NFL. Something has to be done to have them more pro ready from the beginning.
that and the schemes that they run are a big reason behind it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
scheme 100%
biggest reason I liked Stanley more than Tunsil during the draft process was do to his run blocking and the school he went to. I also wasn't a fan of players coming out of ole miss and until this past offseason, I had an allergy to those players.