• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 10 Discussion (Other Teams)

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
this MVP thing is a tricky one i tell ya
It really isn't @Deebo813. Look at what Lamar has accomplished. His team has 110 net points differential. Wilson's team 24 points differential. That alone is a very telling stat. The Seahawks have barely squeaked through wins this season. Also, Lamar beat Wilson and outplayed him in Seattle. That must count for something. Next common opponents. See how Lamar obliterated the Bengals and Wilson barely beat them at his home! So don't tell me Wilson is the MVP. The only reason he's being touted as the MVP is that he's a QB that believes in padding his stats unlike Lamar. Also, he fits the media stereotype of a prim and proper QB who speaks eloquently. You get the drift.... so sorry I am going to pound the table for Lamar till I bleed to death!

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
It really isn't @Deebo813. Look at what Lamar has accomplished. His team has 110 net points differential. Wilson's team 24 points differential. That alone is a very telling stat. The Seahawks have barely squeaked through wins this season. Also, Lamar beat Wilson and outplayed him in Seattle. That must count for something. Next common opponents. See how Lamar obliterated the Bengals and Wilson barely beat them at his home! So don't tell me Wilson is the MVP. The only reason he's being touted as the MVP is that he's a QB that believes in padding his stats unlike Lamar. Also, he fits the media stereotype of a prim and proper QB who speaks eloquently. You get the drift.... so sorry I am going to pound the table for Lamar till I bleed to death!
I respect your love for LJ, but 1st the MVP voting isn't decided in the middle of november, it's still an award for the entire RS. 2nd, the Bengals in september weren't the same Bengals we played a couple of days ago. Dalton is still better than some of the other starters in this league and Ross was actually doing something.
Imho Dak, Watson, Lamar and Wilson are the 4 MVP candidates so far. It's still a team sport, I couldn't care less if players from my favorite team win individual awards. Lamar said it best: "All I want is Ws and win a SB".
and you gotta be honest Wilson is a great QB, his touch passes are a thing of beauty. His supporting cast isn't better than the one we have. Carson fumbles every game, Metcalf a rookie, some PS TE, Wr Turner (who even is this guy) and obviously Lockett who's the only good to great WR.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I respect your love for LJ, but 1st the MVP voting isn't decided in the middle of november, it's still an award for the entire RS. 2nd, the Bengals in september weren't the same Bengals we played a couple of days ago. Dalton is still better than some of the other starters in this league and Ross was actually doing something.
Imho Dak, Watson, Lamar and Wilson are the 4 MVP candidates so far. It's still a team sport, I couldn't care less if players from my favorite team win individual awards. Lamar said it best: "All I want is Ws and win a SB".
and you gotta be honest Wilson is a great QB, his touch passes are a thing of beauty. His supporting cast isn't better than the one we have. Carson fumbles every game, Metcalf a rookie, some PS TE, Wr Turner (who even is this guy) and obviously Lockett who's the only good to great WR.
Speaking of which who are our super star receivers? This 22 yr old kid is playing with 2 yr receivers and TEs short of Boyle and Snead, one of whom is a blocking TE (even he became a receiving TE thanks to Lamar) and Snead who is a Saints casualty. Ingram wasn't signed by the Saints either. So before going into how much a 9 yr veteran QB like Wilson has done with so little (really) why not acknowledge instead the points differential between the two teams and the fact that Lamar has had 2 perfect passing games in 9 games! He's on track to beat an NFL record rushing title for QBs eclipsing Mike Vick and he has 21 TDs and 5 ints (2 bad games).

I choose to believe Lamar is the class of the pack and should win MVP no matter what pundits say using selective stats to make their case while conveniently ignoring the impact Lamar has had on the Ravens. In the regular season we have gone from 4-5 (flacco) last year to 17-8 under Lamar! Extraordinary for a rookie QB thrown to the wolves year one and 7-2 as a full time starter! Sorry @cdb I hear you, but don't hear you.

As for Lamar wanting a SB more than anything else I accept that, but it doesn't mean he forfeit the MVP that truly belongs to him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Speaking of which who are our super star receivers? This 22 yr old kid is playing with 2 yr receivers and TEs short of Boyle and Snead, one of whom is a blocking TE (even he became a receiving TE thanks to Lamar) and Snead who is a Saints casualty. Ingram wasn't signed by the Saints either. So before going into how much a 9 yr veteran QB like Wilson has done with so little (really) why not acknowledge instead the points differential between the two teams and the fact that Lamar has had 2 perfect passing games in 9 games! He's on track to beat an NFL record rushing title for QBs eclipsing Mike Vick and he has 21 TDs and 5 ints (2 bad games).

I choose to believe Lamar is the class of the pack and should win MVP no matter what pundits say using selective stats to make their case while conveniently ignoring the impact Lamar has had on the Ravens. In the regular season we have gone from 4-5 (flacco) last year to 17-8 under Lamar! Extraordinary for a rookie QB thrown to the wolves year one and 7-2 as a full time starter! Sorry @cdb I hear you, but don't hear you.

As for Lamar wanting a SB more than anything else I accept that, but it doesn't mean he forfeit the MVP that truly belongs to him.

- even more context - if he manages to go perfect in one more game this season he will have broken another record
- even more impressive Lamar's game was the 4th best QBR game since the stat existed (2006) - the only other qb performance to crack that top 10 list since aaron rodgers in 2014 was Lamar's game against the dolphins in week 1 - in 10 weeks of his first starting season Lamar has put in 2 of the top 10 statistical performances of any qb ever and the best since 2014 (twice)

for perusal:

EJDLsvUX0AAHn35

these stats obviously aren't the be-all-end-all but they are instructive

EDIT:
literally as i type this i get a notification on my phone that PFF has graded Lamar's game @ the Bengals as the 2nd highest qb grade in their history (also 2006)

- even more context - if he manages to go perfect in one more game this season he will have broken another record
- even more impressive Lamar's game was the 4th best QBR game since the stat existed (2006) - the only other qb performance to crack that top 10 list since aaron rodgers in 2014 was Lamar's game against the dolphins in week 1 - in 10 weeks of his first starting season Lamar has put in 2 of the top 10 statistical performances of any qb ever and the best since 2014 (twice)

for perusal:

EJDLsvUX0AAHn35

these stats obviously aren't the be-all-end-all but they are instructive

EDIT:
literally as i type this i get a notification on my phone that PFF has graded Lamar's game @ the Bengals as the 2nd highest qb grade in their history (also 2006)
How in the world does Baltimore have four appearances on that chart?
Does anyone remember back when the Ravens were all defense?

Also, no Brees or Manning....

I don't expect Lamar to get MVP and I really don't care if he does. I really don't think he cares that much either. I think he is enjoying the attention and the accolades he gets for his highlight reel plays, but in the end - it is like his conversation with Harbaugh on the sidelines. Some QBs care about their stats ... and Lamar answers, I just care about my team.

He wants to back up that statement he made at the draft. That's what its all about. MVP ,if it were to come, so be it. That would just be a by-product of the effort to get to a championship.

Definitely. He missed 7 FGs this season already. Rookie kept them in the game, I don't think Gould would.
Well that’s good I suppose cause you put Kittle and Sanders back on the team I watched last night .... that’s a team that doesn’t have many weaknesses so at least K is one.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thank god this guy is gone...

NFL's Next Gen Stats can be really unkind. Bucs' Breshad Perriman currently has league's worst catch percentage (32.1%).

Thank god this guy is gone...

NFL's Next Gen Stats can be really unkind. Bucs' Breshad Perriman currently has league's worst catch percentage (32.1%).
The last of "Ozzie can't draft WR" legacy. Hopefully things stay on track with Hollywood and EDC will break that. Love to see Boyle pick it up, but this offense doesn't seem to care about throwing to more than 1 WR. TEs all day long.