• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Eric Decker Signed by Tennessee

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I think it get's even more interesting if Eric Decker was on the team who I think The Ravens would use primarily in the slot but they may want to see what they have in their tight ends and receivers first in training camp before making a move for Decker. Even though Maclin is a versatile receiver The Ravens may be lacking depth at slot receiver but that could change if Chris Moore, Micheal Campanaro, Keenan Reynolds, Chris Matthews and etc show something in training camp.
If we brought in Decker i would prefer to try to trade Wallace or or cut him and use the savings for OL. Having BP as the 4th option just hinders his development

5819.jpg

Owner Steve Bisciotti indicated Tuesday that the Ravens won't be pursuing free agent Eric Decker.

Per Zrebeic:
Bisciotti believes the Ravens are set at receiver with Breshad Perriman and Chris Moore behind Jeremy Maclin and Mike Wallace, and Baltimore's greater need is on the offensive line. "We’ve got some money and we’re quite sure that some offensive line help is going to shake out," said Bisciotti. "I’d say that I don’t think that we have room for a starter at wide receiver now ... I think I’m going to save that last punch for an offensive lineman."

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If we brought in Decker i would prefer to try to trade Wallace or or cut him and use the savings for OL. Having BP as the 4th option just hinders his development

5819.jpg

Owner Steve Bisciotti indicated Tuesday that the Ravens won't be pursuing free agent Eric Decker.

Per Zrebeic:
Bisciotti believes the Ravens are set at receiver with Breshad Perriman and Chris Moore behind Jeremy Maclin and Mike Wallace, and Baltimore's greater need is on the offensive line. "We’ve got some money and we’re quite sure that some offensive line help is going to shake out," said Bisciotti. "I’d say that I don’t think that we have room for a starter at wide receiver now ... I think I’m going to save that last punch for an offensive lineman."
So Mangold's been given some time to get healthy and be signed in time for training camp?

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler

5819.jpg

Per Zrebeic:
I personally think this is the right move I think with adding another lineman that's what makes this team the best it can be that's the biggest ? On the roster you can have all the playmakers you want but a bad line can ruin everything

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Part of me thinks Mangold cannot be a worse option than we likely have here but there has to be a reason he's not signed by anyone and I doubt it's money related.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Is there something that was released or leads you to believe this may be the case? Also, are you thinking we would give someone up to clear cap space to accommodate this potentially new player?
I doubt the giving someone up part unless it was like Crockett to lessen the draft pick blow. Especially on the defensive side of the ball, more specifically, the defensive backs are all likely to stay. I'd be willing to give up a second round pick for like a Brandon Linder. The Jaguars have a lot of free agents next year, and given that they're totally incompetent as a franchise, they might let him go(hey, the Browns let Mack go) given that he has to compete with Paul, Allen Robinson, Telvin Smith, etc. But that's unlikely. He's more of an example than a possibility.

Hell, I'd give up a high draft pick to take one of the two Giants olinemen(Pugh and Richburg). They likely won't have the cap space next season to retain both of them(especially after ODB gets his precious deal) and were rumored to be shopping either.

But again, more of an example than a possibility.

5819.jpg

Per Zrebeic:

Well there it is, lets shut this topic down.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do hope and expect for him to learn from Maclin. Contested catches haven't been an issue with Perriman, but focus drops have been since college; and a few years ago, Maclin went from having one of the worst drop rates in the NFL in one season to having one of the best the season after, so perhaps there was something he was able to learn that he could pass down. They aren't exactly the same size considering that Perriman is 2 inches taller than Maclin and has roughly 15 pounds on him in comparison, but I could not agree more about route running being something that Perriman could pick up from Maclin. I also hope that Perriman isn't buried on the depth chart, however.
The size comparison was for perriman and decker

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I doubt the giving someone up part unless it was like Crockett to lessen the draft pick blow. Especially on the defensive side of the ball, more specifically, the defensive backs are all likely to stay. I'd be willing to give up a second round pick for like a Brandon Linder. The Jaguars have a lot of free agents next year, and given that they're totally incompetent as a franchise, they might let him go(hey, the Browns let Mack go) given that he has to compete with Paul, Allen Robinson, Telvin Smith, etc. But that's unlikely. He's more of an example than a possibility.

Hell, I'd give up a high draft pick to take one of the two Giants olinemen(Pugh and Richburg). They likely won't have the cap space next season to retain both of them(especially after ODB gets his precious deal) and were rumored to be shopping either.

But again, more of an example than a possibility.
Tom Coughlin changes the outlook on how the Jags are run as a franchise, imo.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If Steve isn't interested in another receiver, why would they sign Boldin?
An intentional leak to the public. Although true, they are probably pursuing an offensive lineman, do you really think we'd pass on an opportunity to take on an old friend when we are still in need at WR.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
An intentional leak to the public. Although true, they are probably pursuing an offensive lineman, do you really think we'd pass on an opportunity to take on an old friend when we are still in need at WR.
Maybe for cheap then, but I'm not going to be upset if we pass on him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wouldn't be upset but I'm not confident with Moore as the #4. I think adding another red zone target in some capacity would be useful
these red zone targets don't just have to be WR's, we do have TE's that can work the red zone as well. Unless Q is really cheap, I don't see him coming back.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
these red zone targets don't just have to be WR's, we do have TE's that can work the red zone as well. Unless Q is really cheap, I don't see him coming back.
I'm as. Big of a Maxx fan as there can be and hope that we put Perriman in a good position to be a frequent red zone target. I think Maclin will also be effective there. But having Q makes it overkill which is honestly something we could use.

I would be really excited for this offense if the oline was set in stone.