• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Eric Decker Signed by Tennessee

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Really off topic but I didn't know where else to ask... I've been to multiple Ravens games over the last 5 years I was at the Monday night football game in Detroit when Justin tucker nailed the 60 yarder for the game winner in 2013 I was in Cleveland for the Monday night football game in 2015 for the blocked field goal for the the W but I've never been to M&T and I decided this is the year being from Ohio traveling to cinci or Cleveland is easier but I'm looking to buy tickets to the steelers game week 4 or the browns for our home opener week 2 as I've been looking at tickets I was wondering the best seats in the house at a good price and if I should spend the extra for the pitt game the tickets are obviously selling at higher prices for that game but any feedback would be great thanks!

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Like I said, there are servere worries here. If Breshad has been so good during camp, then what does this? I heard that there's a possibility that we might push Wallace down to keep him fresh. I'd like Decker but I'd hate for Breshad to be reduced to the third WR AGAIN.

Then agian, Marty did used to run a four WR set a lot with Maclin(LOL), Jackson(we basically have a similar player to that in Wallace), Avant(sort of like Decker) and then Cooper(nothing at all like Perriman).

Just.. IDK

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like I said, there are servere worries here. If Breshad has been so good during camp, then what does this? I heard that there's a possibility that we might push Wallace down to keep him fresh. I'd like Decker but I'd hate for Breshad to be reduced to the third WR AGAIN.

Then agian, Marty did used to run a four WR set a lot with Maclin(LOL), Jackson(we basically have a similar player to that in Wallace), Avant(sort of like Decker) and then Cooper(nothing at all like Perriman).

Just.. IDK
If anything this helps Perriman learn and grow. He is probably still our best deep threat and still very young, hes only making plays deep or on slants so far in practice. Plus he can learn route running from maclin and how to use his frame and hands while contested from decker. Considering they have the same height and weight. Also hes the youngest of the 3 so they may need more rest than him if they want to keep those guys fresh for the end of the year. I dont see an issue here for perriman. Only more opportunities to grow and more one on one opporunities for him in games

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
If anything this helps Perriman learn and grow. He is probably still our best deep threat and still very young, hes only making plays deep or on slants so far in practice. Plus he can learn route running from maclin and how to use his frame and hands while contested from decker. Considering they have the same height and weight. Also hes the youngest of the 3 so they may need more rest than him if they want to keep those guys fresh for the end of the year. I dont see an issue here for perriman. Only more opportunities to grow and more one on one opporunities for him in games
I do hope and expect for him to learn from Maclin. Contested catches haven't been an issue with Perriman, but focus drops have been since college; and a few years ago, Maclin went from having one of the worst drop rates in the NFL in one season to having one of the best the season after, so perhaps there was something he was able to learn that he could pass down. They aren't exactly the same size considering that Perriman is 2 inches taller than Maclin and has roughly 15 pounds on him in comparison, but I could not agree more about route running being something that Perriman could pick up from Maclin. I also hope that Perriman isn't buried on the depth chart, however.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Just.. IDK

Perriman is The Ravens first round receiver so I doubt he wouldn't get alot playing time even with Eric Decker on the team.If Maclin is going to be The Ravens number 1 receiver then that definitely leaves Wallace and Perriman to battle it out for the number 2 spot. I don't know who wins that spot but Ideally i'm sure The Ravens would want Perriman to be the guy but if he does I'm not sure if Wallace would be too happy about that. If Wallace was complaining about targets when he was The Ravens starting number two receiver then it would be interesting to see how he handles it as The Ravens number 3 receiver.

I think it get's even more interesting if Eric Decker was on the team who I think The Ravens would use primarily in the slot but they may want to see what they have in their tight ends and receivers first in training camp before making a move for Decker. Even though Maclin is a versatile receiver The Ravens may be lacking depth at slot receiver but that could change if Chris Moore, Micheal Campanaro, Keenan Reynolds, Chris Matthews and etc show something in training camp.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Is there even anybody we could sign for the OL that would considerably improve it?

A heathly Nick Mangold could help but not sure if he's healthy. The Ravens have to seriously hope they have the answer already on their roster to fill their needs at the center and right tackle position.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
A heathly Nick Mangold could help but not sure if he's healthy. The Ravens have to seriously hope they have the answer already on their roster to fill their needs at the center and right tackle position.

Keep forgetting about Mangold.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Apparently Biscotti told season ticket holders that the priority is to get another OL, not another WR, but at this point, who are you really going to get at OL?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We might have a trade brewing. I'd be willing to part ways with a high draft pick to secure a good player such as Linder or something.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
We might have a trade brewing. I'd be willing to part ways with a high draft pick to secure a good player such as Linder or something.

Is there something that was released or leads you to believe this may be the case? Also, are you thinking we would give someone up to clear cap space to accommodate this potentially new player?