• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Eric Decker Signed by Tennessee

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Now don't get me wrong I would much prefer Maclin, but as it is I don't know if we have the money or need for his type. With decker getting cut this week, it has me interested. He is a fair handed option who is more big bodied and possession, something we need. Now his stats aren't that good, but with the jets in 2015 he put up 1000 yards and 12 TDs, some pretty good numbers. Also, I feel we could get him for a 2-3 years 8-12 mil deal, which would be worth it imo. Thoughts?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think decker is worth 4m a year, he's up there and been injured his fair share and with our cap situation it's risky. If we're gonna give someone 4m a year I'd prefer we give it to a RT or C.

But if decker is our only option, and nobody is hitting the market for us, then I'd be ok with it. He would certainly fill a need, and complement our current group really well.

Arsène

Practice Squad
Decker, if he is healthy, would be a great addition imo. He could be the big-bodied, go-to-guy receiver we need (especially after Pitta went down which still makes me sad). And also, he would demand lesser money than Maclin. I as well agree that getting him (IF) at 4m per year is a great deal in terms of the value.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd be happy with either Decker or Maclin, at this point, and agree Decker contract would most likely be the more manageable one. Both players would be great fits in the system and would complement Perriman and Wallace well. I favor Maclin due to his time with Morninhweg, back with the Eagles.

Jason La Canfora tweeted that the Jets reached out to us as well as a few other teams

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If the Jets are reaching out to us, might as well just send them a late round pick and restructure his deal when he gets here so we don't get outbid. Send them a 6th or 7th and call it a day. He's probably worth a 4th or so but it's the Jets...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Would love Decker here if he wasn't so injury prone. I really fear that aspect, but the fit would be tremendous.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
People so thirsty for a wr they're obviously getting desperate... hell no I don't want Decker. I'd really like to get a gauge of what fans expectations are this year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Damnit. Jason La Canfora is fake news.

We're screwed
That's the truth. He's right less than half the time. Has to be the worst so called reporter in history. When he was the Skins reporter, I think he used Extremeskins.com as his source, without admitting it, on the times he was right. Dan Snyder hated him so much he recommended him to ESPN or the NFL Network. Can't remember which one he was on and for a very short period of time I might add.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
People so thirsty for a wr they're obviously getting desperate... hell no I don't want Decker. I'd really like to get a gauge of what fans expectations are this year.

Why say no to Decker.

From 2012-2015, he had at least 74 receptions. Total of 41 touchdowns. Of course his injury season last year. But if he's healthy he can move the chains and be a red zone threat.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol funny when I mention Decker ( in one of the first WR threads ) being a WR that would eventually get cut due to Jets getting younger, it didn't receive a warm welcome.

I wasn't campaigning for him by any means but I was giving alternatives so people stop clammering for Boldin.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why say no to Decker.

From 2012-2015, he had at least 74 receptions. Total of 41 touchdowns. Of course his injury season last year. But if he's healthy he can move the chains and be a red zone threat.
I agree he's a big bodied receiver that is very good in the red zone. Something Flacco will depend upon.

Arsène

Practice Squad
He was one of the most consistent receiver before last year's injury. Even had two good season with Fitzpatrick (or some other quarterback from the Jets I dont even remember) throwing him the ball.