• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hollywood

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’ve seen the reports that Hollywood is now legitimately healthy, and we’ve been winning without using him heavily.

If we can continue to win without using him a lot, I’d love to see us just stash away all of our plays designed for him, and unleash him in the playoffs when nobody sees it coming, when were at 1st and 10 anywhere on the field run some bombs away play action for him, but only after thoroughly setting up the run

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’ve seen the reports that Hollywood is now legitimately healthy, and we’ve been winning without using him heavily.

If we can continue to win without using him a lot, I’d love to see us just stash away all of our plays designed for him, and unleash him in the playoffs when nobody sees it coming, when were at 1st and 10 anywhere on the field run some bombs away play action for him, but only after thoroughly setting up the run

one of my favourite drives of the year was the first drive against arizona where we fed him the ball and then closer to the goal-line ran a crazy fake screen to him and lamar pumped his way to draw the coverage and it left mark andrews wide open to walk into the endzone

even when not healthy he's drawing coverage and if we can feed him the ball even in the short and intermediate game it does 2 things: 1) he's got the speed and dynamism to turn that into a big pay and 2) it increases the threat to the defence and has them key on him even more than they would anyway

i really loved the play action shot to him on the first play of the bengals game

but i dont see us holding him in reserve tbh - i think he'll get better the more involved he is over time and i foresee him having 1 or 2 big games before the end of the regular season to get him warmed up going into the playoffs

it's not like he's going to surprise anyone

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
one of my favourite drives of the year was the first drive against arizona where we fed him the ball and then closer to the goal-line ran a crazy fake screen to him and lamar pumped his way to draw the coverage and it left mark andrews wide open to walk into the endzone

even when not healthy he's drawing coverage and if we can feed him the ball even in the short and intermediate game it does 2 things: 1) he's got the speed and dynamism to turn that into a big pay and 2) it increases the threat to the defence and has them key on him even more than they would anyway

i really loved the play action shot to him on the first play of the bengals game

but i dont see us holding him in reserve tbh - i think he'll get better the more involved he is over time and i foresee him having 1 or 2 big games before the end of the regular season to get him warmed up going into the playoffs

it's not like he's going to surprise anyone
That fake orbit pass to Hollywood was the best play call and most perfectly executed play I may have ever seen in my life lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i wouldnt quite put across that hyperbole - but it was one of my favourite ever executed ravens passing plays
I wouldn’t call it hyperbole lol, it was set up by plays prior, it was drawn up beautifully, Lamar NAILED that pump, Hollywood sold it, the secondary bit so hard on that that andrews went completely unchallenged to the endzone.

That was absolutely textbook. Not the craziest or most impressive play, but the design and execution was one of the cleanest I’ve ever seen for a play that could easily fail just based on time needed to execute

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn’t call it hyperbole lol, it was set up by plays prior, it was drawn up beautifully, Lamar NAILED that pump, Hollywood sold it, the secondary bit so hard on that that andrews went completely unchallenged to the endzone.

That was absolutely textbook. Not the craziest or most impressive play, but the design and execution was one of the cleanest I’ve ever seen for a play that could easily fail just based on time needed to execute

right i see what you mean - was remarkably clean execution

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
His ball tracking skills is nice. Love seeing him put in work with AB. Keep learning (on field) from the best!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
https://www.youtube.com/user/jetfuellive

hollywoods YouTube channel

Hollywood is picking up on his cousins work ethic, really training some finer points, footwork, looks like some quick release methods as well, along with focus drills to stay sharp and see the ball in to full possession like 2nd nature. And Lamar is right there with him throwing to him, I think we’re about to see one of the most dynamic duos of all time with these boys, this amount talent, paired with this amount of work ethic, and off field friendship and on-field chemistry, is gonna lead to something seriously special.

holy shit man I cannot wait to see where this tandem takes us. I just wish Boykin would get his ass down there to join them

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Hollywood is picking up on his cousins work ethic, really training some finer points, footwork, looks like some quick release methods as well, along with focus drills to stay sharp and see the ball in to full possession like 2nd nature. And Lamar is right there with him throwing to him, I think we’re about to see one of the most dynamic duos of all time with these boys, this amount talent, paired with this amount of work ethic, and off field friendship and on-field chemistry, is gonna lead to something seriously special.

holy shit man I cannot wait to see where this tandem takes us. I just wish Boykin would get his ass down there to join them
Now imagine EDC saying "fuck it" and trading up to get either Jeudy or Lamb (I can dream lol, word to @Ravensnation5220 ). Our offense would be unfair providing our OL is adequate enough.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Now imagine EDC saying "fuck it" and trading up to get either Jeudy or Lamb (I can dream lol, word to @Ravensnation5220 ). Our offense would be unfair providing our OL is adequate enough.
I’m deep down kinda hoping... I wish our goddamn OL was solid because if it was I’d be all for it, but trading up basically eliminates any chance of shoring up the OL

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I’m deep down kinda hoping... I wish our goddamn OL was solid because if it was I’d be all for it, but trading up basically eliminates any chance of shoring up the OL
I wouldn't say any chance as I'm sure we can develop mid-rounders or even a late-rounder.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Quarantine issues may prevent normal movement these days no?