• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hollywood

Charm City

Pro Bowler
great video @Edgar

i just wanted to say I think some of that release from the line at the steelers game (around 7:25 in your video) is good coaching from oklahoma - i saw similar footwork and releases on CeeDee Lamb's tape - and despite not going super fast they find a way to get themselves on the toes of the CB which forces the CB into a bind because they have to make a decision earlier (either to bale or open their hips - it really puts pressure on a CB's eyes and their back-pedal at the same time)

it's something i think im going to pay attention to when i watch oklahoma WRs coming out to see if it's something they're being coached really well to do or whether its just a commonality because both Lamb and Hollywood are great young WR prospects

When I saw that shuffle step it showed me how much Hollywood has been practicing with AB because iirc AB has a similar jump step sort of move when he is in press coverage. I tried to find a clip of it but couldn't.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
great video @Edgar

i just wanted to say I think some of that release from the line at the steelers game (around 7:25 in your video) is good coaching from oklahoma - i saw similar footwork and releases on CeeDee Lamb's tape - and despite not going super fast they find a way to get themselves on the toes of the CB which forces the CB into a bind because they have to make a decision earlier (either to bale or open their hips - it really puts pressure on a CB's eyes and their back-pedal at the same time)

it's something i think im going to pay attention to when i watch oklahoma WRs coming out to see if it's something they're being coached really well to do or whether its just a commonality because both Lamb and Hollywood are great young WR prospects

Thats an intersting observation. I hadn't linked the two. Thanks Rossi!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think provided Hollywood stays healthy and decides to come back for a second contract with us, he will likely be the best receiver the ravens have ever had over a career.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

4 of the 2019 rookie class was there

for context:

for hollywood to be that high on the list despite having a screw in his foot and being one of only 2 receiving weapons that teams keyed on is pretty awesome

(you can ignore andy isabella on that list - almost half of his yards for the year came on an 88 yard touchdown)

AJ Brown's number is ridiculous and not just top amongst rookies but 2nd in the league only behind michael thomas

rossihunter2

Staff Member

him playing at 157 is absurd - no wonder he was getting down before contact where he could

some of the comments from his teammates are really exciting though

and this is awesome:

Exactly one year ago, Brown reveals, the Ravens asked Jackson who he wanted as his No. 1 receiver. Jackson told them either Brown in that draft or Jerry Jeudy the following year. So before that 2019 draft, Jackson let Brown know via text: "We're coming to get you."

"Come get me," Brown responded.

"Truss."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It still pisses Brown off that Jackson fell to the 32nd pick in 2018. He calls him the best athlete in the world. How could so many scouts and execs fail so miserably? Brown believes Jackson proved he could throw the ball at Louisville, was absolutely stereotyped, and if anyone did have doubts? "It's the NFL," he says. "You're supposed to be able to develop guys."

It pisses Brown off that he was overlooked, too. He's been the runt of the huddle forever, and it never mattered. After initially saying that no slights in his past fuel him, he sounds...fully fueled by all slights. He's been hearing You're too small forever.

Not one Division I school wanted him out of high school.

Reactions: cdp

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
It still pisses Brown off that Jackson fell to the 32nd pick in 2018. He calls him the best athlete in the world. How could so many scouts and execs fail so miserably? Brown believes Jackson proved he could throw the ball at Louisville, was absolutely stereotyped, and if anyone did have doubts? "It's the NFL," he says. "You're supposed to be able to develop guys."

It pisses Brown off that he was overlooked, too. He's been the runt of the huddle forever, and it never mattered. After initially saying that no slights in his past fuel him, he sounds...fully fueled by all slights. He's been hearing You're too small forever.

Not one Division I school wanted him out of high school.
Again, having Steve Smith with his chip on his shoulder attitude and influencing THESE TWO? My condolences to opposing defenses.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm going to book this and put it up for or against me

Hollywood Brown will be a top 5 WR next year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No disrespect to Joe, but the difference between Joe and Lamar is the talent around Joe made him better, while Lamar makes the talent around him. better. That's the definition of an elite QB.

Just look at what Lamar Jackson did to the offensive line in 2018 with the same lineman.