• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

It's Pro Bowl Vote Time

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
mostly vote for ronnie stanley and marlon humphrey lol
upload_2019-11-21_12-40-3.png

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
if he doesn't get in the pro bowl than it is proof the Pro Bowl is broken. Of course it's been broken for years. He shouldn't only get in the pro bowl, he should have the most votes, not Orlando Brown, Jr. who is a right tackle, not to take anything away from OBJ.
Don't call him OBJ please

rossihunter2

Staff Member
if he doesn't get in the pro bowl than it is proof the Pro Bowl is broken. Of course it's been broken for years. He shouldn't only get in the pro bowl, he should have the most votes, not Orlando Brown, Jr. who is a right tackle, not to take anything away from Zeus, Jr.

tbf we dont actually know the breakdown and we dont know how stanley's doing in the pro bowl voting

and of course that's only half/a third of the way the pro bowl spots get allocated

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
that is absurd that he's allowed a rate of half a pressure per game per pff scoring
I mean, lot of that is on Lamar's ability and the scheme, too but it's clear by just watching live games how awesome is Stanley's play this season.
Regardless of how PFF are scoring tackles, they are scoring them all the same way.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean, lot of that is on Lamar's ability and the scheme, too but it's clear by just watching live games how awesome is Stanley's play this season.
Regardless of how PFF are scoring tackles, they are scoring them all the same way.

id say it was down to lamar if it was qb hits or sacks but this is pressures - the scheme definitely makes an impact and it also doesnt take into account the comparatively lower number of pass snaps relative to the rest of the league - it would be more useful to see a pressure rate per drive or per snap in some ways (although in others it would take away some useful context)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
tbf we dont actually know the breakdown and we dont know how stanley's doing in the pro bowl voting

and of course that's only half/a third of the way the pro bowl spots get allocated
true and I think it's a 3rd of the voting, not half.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Please go vote for Stanley and Marlon Humphrey and Mandrews multiple times! Multiple times so they all get in! God knows they deserve it as much as anybody else on this team.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
for posterity putting the text of this tweet from jonas shaffer in this thread (i know i already posted it elsewhere)

In the AFC, the Ravens have the leading vote-getter at six positions. Four of them are on offense, because this is 2019:
— Quarterback Lamar Jackson
— Fullback Patrick Ricard
— Tackle Orlando Brown Jr.
— Guard Marshal Yanda
— Cornerback Marcus Peters
— Kicker Justin Tucker

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Please go vote for Stanley and Marlon Humphrey and Mandrews multiple times! Multiple times so they all get in! God knows they deserve it as much as anybody else on this team.

Andrews absolutely deserves it - not surprised he's not leading in the voting though - Kittle's the best TE in the league and Kelce probably the best in the AFC and on top of that there's some TEs who are outperforming him in terms of statistics - should still make the pro bowl though - i just dont expect him to be the highest voted guy

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So what do you guys think, how come all of a sudden so many Ravens players not only rank high but are actually leading a vote at their positions?
Bandwagon fans voting? Other teams' fans coming to their senses? What's the reason?
I'm aware of ridiculous amount of coverage Lamar's success created but it's still weird.