• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

It's Pro Bowl Vote Time

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So what do you guys think, how come all of a sudden so many Ravens players not only rank high but are actually leading a vote at their positions?
Bandwagon fans voting? Other teams' fans coming to their senses? What's the reason?
I'm aware of ridiculous amount of coverage Lamar's success created but it's still weird.

orlando doesnt make huge sense to me - all the others have featured very publicly in film breakdowns and studies on all major networks at various points and on national tv too and have heavily featured in highlights and nfl redzone would be my guess

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So what do you guys think, how come all of a sudden so many Ravens players not only rank high but are actually leading a vote at their positions?
Bandwagon fans voting? Other teams' fans coming to their senses? What's the reason?
I'm aware of ridiculous amount of coverage Lamar's success created but it's still weird.
possibly bandwagon fans and other fans that see our record as well. However as Rossi most have been featured on film breakdowns for at the very least the 6 game winning streak.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
possibly bandwagon fans and other fans that see our record as well. However as Rossi most have been featured on film breakdowns for at the very least the 6 game winning streak.

i think also - we've been along for the ride so its kind of passed us by a little just how historic this offence is but its operating at a level of efficiency that's only matched really by the 07 patriots etc. and is doing things in the running game that statistically are up there and will maybe beat the best ever recorded totals in nfl history

i think there's something to be said also for the differing engagement in the ravens fandom right now - i think the fanbase since the kneeling and now with the emergence of lamar has changed slightly also (not fundamentally different) - and baltimore's a historic football city and i think part of this is down to the energy in the fandom for the ravens right now because of lamar so there's just generally more engagement

i think it's pretty interesting that in the offseason where bisciotti and the execs in the organisation put out feelers to fans about why they werent as engaged as previously (2018) they found that overwhelmingly the responses came back that the ravens were boring and drafted lamar that same offseason...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think also - we've been along for the ride so its kind of passed us by a little just how historic this offence is but its operating at a level of efficiency that's only matched really by the 07 patriots etc. and is doing things in the running game that statistically are up there and will maybe beat the best ever recorded totals in nfl history

i think there's something to be said also for the differing engagement in the ravens fandom right now - i think the fanbase since the kneeling and now with the emergence of lamar has changed slightly also (not fundamentally different) - and baltimore's a historic football city and i think part of this is down to the energy in the fandom for the ravens right now because of lamar so there's just generally more engagement

i think it's pretty interesting that in the offseason where bisciotti and the execs in the organisation put out feelers to fans about why they werent as engaged as previously (2018) they found that overwhelmingly the responses came back that the ravens were boring and drafted lamar that same offseason...
hmmmm, maybe more Skins fans have given up on that team 40 miles south of us. lol

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
That reason goes by a name - Lamar Jackson. He's quite literally becoming the Michael Jordan of the NFL. Non football fans are tuning in to watch him play and that's exactly what started happening when MJ started off with the Bulls. Please trust me on this as it will be borne out over the next few years. The Ravens are must see TV because of Lamar Jackson.

While I'm still doting on our QB1, let me make another prediction. He'll have a shoe deal with one of the big 3 that compares with an NBA super star and will make those idiotic Progressive Insurance commercials look asinine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That reason goes by a name - Lamar Jackson. He's quite literally becoming the Michael Jordan of the NFL. Non football fans are tuning in to watch him play and that's exactly what started happening when MJ started off with the Bulls. Please trust me on this as it will be borne out over the next few years. The Ravens are must see TV because of Lamar Jackson.

While I'm still doting on our QB1, let me make another prediction. He'll have a shoe deal with one of the big 3 that compares with an NBA super star and will make those idiotic Progressive Insurance commercials look asinine.
a shoe deal wouldn't surprise me

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

a shoe deal wouldn't surprise me
With Newton’s career looking to be at the end or waning, UA should try to hook him while they can. It would be cool for the BMore apparel brand to get a local team star

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With Newton’s career looking to be at the end or waning, UA should try to hook him while they can. It would be cool for the BMore apparel brand to get a local team star
great idea and it would be really cool.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
That would be awesome! But I think there is going to be some stiff competition for him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm happy for Zeus Jr and he has had a good season, but not better than Stanley and he is the tackle who should be leading the votes. Must be name recognition.