• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 11 Discussion (Other Teams Thread)

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean I guess if the Browns win it sort of wraps up the North but at this point I cant see either team posing a real threat to the division race.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Browns player wasn't down at all when the contact was made, in fact no contact was made after he went down until those yards were picked up. So how do you get down by contact when he wasn't down at all?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The Browns player wasn't down at all when the contact was made, in fact no contact was made after he went down until those yards were picked up. So how do you get down by contact when he wasn't down at all?
Steelers foot tripped him up.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-11-15_15-35-23.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
last couple years if it was us on offense it would have been returned for a touchdown

ricochet off Moore and Perriman

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbs sends out Koch, then looks at Lamar and asks Lamar if he wants to go for it. Lamar says Hell Yeah, Harbs calls timeout and Sam Koch walks off the field feeling sad. Then says to Harbs... "I just want ONE Punt Coach."

the maximum net yardage you could get on a punt there was 42 yards but likely (as in this case) a net of only 23 yards or so because of the increased likelihood of touchback - so by going for it and not getting it you ultimately lose a maximum of 23 yards vs a high probability punting outcome and a minimum of 17 yards...

at that point thats at most 2 first downs of field position for the opposing team's offence

the other side of it is that if you get it you are almost instantly in position to get points

the browns just did the same thing again just now and it netted them 28 yards off the punt when they could have kept driving