• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Rams

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
This game worries me because the Rams have Donald,Matthews and Ramsey ,all big playmakers.

I really doubt we blow this team out like we did the Texans.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't see him being able to tackle any of our receivers - wideouts are too fast and TEs would carry him 15y to the end zone.
Just too much cookies and ice cream.

He will recognize our formation and be able to match routes better than any other safety we have gone up against just from familiarity. Obviously our offense has changed, but there is a lot that is the same.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well, all of that; "that was then and this is now" stuff sounds real nice but until the Ravens prove otherwise it becomes just wishful thinking in my book. I'm not wired that way. Not being negative whatsoever. I know our boys are ballin and looking good while doing it and I love it! That is why I mentioned that the Ravens overcame their "west coast" flaws by beating the Seahawks in Seattle (out west). So, I know we're a different team.

GO RAVENS!
Just remember. We did farely well at the Chargers last season. Their only TD was a Dixon fumble and the score could've been worse for them had we capitalized in the red zone early in the game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just remember. We did farely well at the Chargers last season. Their only TD was a Dixon fumble and the score could've been worse for them had we capitalized in the red zone early in the game.
That's why I'm concerned with Weddle, but not overly concerned.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

True!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is going to be Kenny Young's chance at revenge. Oh wait, he's been inactive since being traded to the Rams.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
In all seriousness, this feels like a game where Marcus peters either gets victimised by Mcvay schematically targeting him on double moves or he destroys Jared goff with a pick (or 2)
A lot of the picks Peters gets are due to his smarts, which I believe is highly underrated, rather than his plus athleticism. I can see him biting on those double moves only when we blitz Goff and force him to get rid of the ball early.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This should be a much tougher game than the Texans, but as long as we can keep Donald from wrecking the game then I think we'll come out on top. We'll see if Cooks makes a huge difference for that offense, but Goff has not looked impressive thus far in the season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A lot of the picks Peters gets are due to his smarts, which I believe is highly underrated, rather than his plus athleticism. I can see him biting on those double moves only when we blitz Goff and force him to get rid of the ball early.

@Filmstudy has talked about this - part of the reason he's effective biting on some of those looks are because he only has to have something like a 20% success rate to make it worthwhile (mathematically) - he does have a tendency to get caught trying to bait those outs and can get caught on double moves

the only reason i brought it up is that the rams will be well aware of his tendencies and the potential weaknesses and may try and target him with some routes and route combos that challenge his instincts a little - that being said i think peters will probably know that's coming so it may negate it as an issue - that and the fact that goff's not been reading the field particularly well this year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't sleep on Clay. He can still be nasty.
Yeah I’m really upset we couldn’t land him in FA. He was a guy I thought would’ve been a dream fit here, veteran, refined, aware, savvy, fills a big need and is also versatile as hell having a lot of off-ball LB snaps in his career.