• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Rams

Dreaj Foge

Practice Squad
What’s up guys? I suppose you could consider this an enemy post as I’m a lifelong Rams fan. This is actually my first sign up on another teams forum (my Rams forum is ramsondemand.com user name OC—leftcoast.

I say this because you guys seem to have a good grip on reality, unlike other forums

After reading every post I’d like to either clear things up or propose a different point of view

1) There were questions regarding uni’s, the Rams will wear their color rush yellow, pretty sure you guys are wearing all white (tho not confirmed)

2) We share the same opinions on Marcus Peters, our main issue with him was press coverage which of course is not his game, too many easy 3rd conversion seemed to go against him, of course he seems to fit in quite well in Winks scheme, if he gets that pick you’re all hoping for Monday, I’m sure Goff being pressured will play a role. I suspect McVay may go after him on key 3rd downs

3) if your wondering about that goofy AV and user name, well it’s from a Jared Goff prank last year “the transfer”

Like virtually every other forum I visit, it truly amazes me the disrespect this guy gets heaped, but make no mistake the Rams O has their collective backs to the wall, my gut feeling is they’re going to perform a great effort Monday, then again I may be a wee bit biased.

I’m actually expecting an exciting high scoring game, Lamar is amazing, nice pick @31, incredible, with that being said we seem to do well versus a certain pint size QB playing in the Great Northwest, this is goin to be fun.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
What’s up guys? I suppose you could consider this an enemy post as I’m a lifelong Rams fan. This is actually my first sign up on another teams forum (my Rams forum is ramsondemand.com user name OC—leftcoast.

I say this because you guys seem to have a good grip on reality, unlike other forums

After reading every post I’d like to either clear things up or propose a different point of view

1) There were questions regarding uni’s, the Rams will wear their color rush yellow, pretty sure you guys are wearing all white (tho not confirmed)

2) We share the same opinions on Marcus Peters, our main issue with him was press coverage which of course is not his game, too many easy 3rd conversion seemed to go against him, of course he seems to fit in quite well in Winks scheme, if he gets that pick you’re all hoping for Monday, I’m sure Goff being pressured will play a role. I suspect McVay may go after him on key 3rd downs

3) if your wondering about that goofy AV and user name, well it’s from a Jared Goff prank last year “the transfer”

Like virtually every other forum I visit, it truly amazes me the disrespect this guy gets heaped, but make no mistake the Rams O has their collective backs to the wall, my gut feeling is they’re going to perform a great effort Monday, then again I may be a wee bit biased.

I’m actually expecting an exciting high scoring game, Lamar is amazing, nice pick @31, incredible, with that being said we seem to do well versus a certain pint size QB playing in the Great Northwest, this is goin to be fun.
Lamar isn’t “pint size” and Goff is absolutely terrible.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Welcome to the board and we do welcome other teams fans for good discussions. I think we have heard that we will be wearing our color rush jerseys.

Lamar is far from pint size, he is 6'2 225, and we drafted him at 32, when he should have gone 1st in the draft.

Jared Goff absolutely plays better at home and that is significantly better. I don't see us getting seven sacks this game, because Goff will get the ball out quicker. What the Ravens need to do is shut down your running game and make you one dimensional. If we do that, there is a good chance we will win the game. No disrespect to your defense and especially Donald.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

What you'll find out here is that we don't have high opinion on Goff. I reckon he falls apart if you pressure him. Given time in the pocket he can hit his WRs deep and on the side but that's about it. Certainly not playing up to $135 mil contract.
Lamar can probably carry Russell on his back and still get to first down.

All that said, I don't know how we stop Donald. I have nightmares all week with that dude.

Dreaj Foge

Practice Squad

Never said Lamar was pint sized...nope unlike that guy in Cleveland, he went and did what he had to do offseason, perhaps you took my post the way I hadn’t intended it, but their are similarities between the two, I like to think the Rams D has been geared to contain the dual threat, I suppose we shall see.

As for you second sentence, yeah we’ve heard it before, hopefully he’ll put on a performance Monday that may change your opinion, that young OLine of course will have to do their part, but calling him “absolutely terrible” is a little harsh

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Never said Lamar was pint sized...nope unlike that guy in Cleveland, he went and did what he had to do offseason, perhaps you took my post the way I hadn’t intended it, but their are similarities between the two, I like to think the Rams D has been geared to contain the dual threat, I suppose we shall see.

As for you second sentence, yeah we’ve heard it before, hopefully he’ll put on a performance Monday that may change your opinion, that young OLine of course will have to do their part, but calling him “absolutely terrible” is a little harsh
Don’t be bias. He’s awful. You know it. And don’t backtrack on your “pint size” comment. You know damn well you were comparing Lamar to Russ in terms of stature.

Dreaj Foge

Practice Squad
What you'll find out here is that we don't have high opinion on Goff. I reckon he falls apart if you pressure him. Given time in the pocket he can hit his WRs deep and on the side but that's about it. Certainly not playing up to $135 mil contract.

Lamar can probably carry Russell on his back and still get to first down.

All that said, I don't know how we stop Donald. I have nightmares all week with that dude.

Pretty sure most just turned 25 yrs old drop back QBs fall apart when pressured, Goff does hang in there tho and occasionally 3-4 times a game may turn your head

Remember it was during Peyton Manning 4th year ( this is Goff’s 4th) that his turnover rate inspired the the great “PLAYOFFS” rant from Mora
Develop
My point isn’t that Jared will have a Peytonesque career, I guess it’s pure drop back passers take a bit more time to develop

Good point about the money, you guys probably know all too well the risk of handing a young QB big bucks and now here we’re are in the same boat, haha.

However as easy as it is for the media to blame the QB (annnd he does have some coming) in this particular case there are extenuating factors...that appear to be slowly coming around

Donald is going to be Donald, pay too much attention to him and others will clean up, Wussell just literally hates him, lol

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Don’t be bias. He’s awful. You know it. And don’t backtrack on your “pint size” comment. You know damn well you were comparing Lamar to Russ in terms of stature.
you know what, I totally misread that and didn't finish the sentence referring to Wilson. Apologies are in order.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Welcome! Curious about your take on Goff. I'll admit, I'm not a fan, but maybe with his guys back he'll up his play... Next week because I see him struggling against our secondary. I want to say we limit Donald, but that man is a freak. Interested to see how we handle your DL. Also, how has Kenny Young look?

Calm down pitbull... I think he just means they happen to contain Russ.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome! Curious about your take on Goff. I'll admit, I'm not a fan, but maybe with his guys back he'll up his play... Next week because I see him struggling against our secondary. I want to say we limit Donald, but that man is a freak. Interested to see how we handle your DL. Also, how has Kenny Young look?

Kenny Young hasn't played a down yet. He's either been inactive or hasn't seen the field yet.

Dreaj Foge

Practice Squad

He’s wearing number 41, he looked pretty good...at UCLA lol, not really sure the thought process in acquiring him, probably looking out for next year, I have not seen him on the field other than STs

Yeah you know what happens every time we expect D, we get O instead, I coulda swore I saw signs the Rams O finally found a rhythm 4th quarter vs Chicago and believe me, everything is based off of play action.

This may be a wild one boys

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
@Dreaj Foge , welcome to the board as I never had an issue with other teams' fans coming on our board. Regarding unis, it's confirmed that we're wearing our purple color rush jerseys. I would've LOVED to see wear our black jerseys on the road, but I believe they keep those for home games which I completely understand.

We were a fan base who got used to people heaping disrespect on our QB. Most, but not all, of us came to his defense. It was hard to at times, because he was maddeningly inconsistent. At least we know that he had some really big moments when the lights were bright in January - and not just our SB run. He also played well enough in 2011 and 2014 to put us in the big game if we just had the ball bounce our way once or twice more.

That era is over. A new one began mid-season 2018 and the early returns are quite encouraging, to say the least.

Goff gets heat, because he's now gotten paid. You get paid big and if you don't put yourself in the top 10 performers, you get deemed as trash. We're an opportunistic defense. Not perfect, but if you screw up, we can make you pay. A key to this game for the Rams will be not hurting themselves and the person most likely to do that is Goff. Consequently, I suspect we'll be seeing heavy doses of Gurley. One of our better run stopping DTs is going to be out, so our ability to limit the run game and force 3rd and long will be big.

To me the most interesting thing about this match up will be seeing how Roman puts together a game plan to try to neutralize Donald. We just can't allow him to wreck the game and absolutely cannot allow him to wreck our young QB. I'm sure he'll line up against our LG and abuse him. I expect us to bring TEs in motion or line up with our FB to help out and run plays away from where he lines up.

Cross country road game, prime time vs an opponent that has their back against the wall (given that the NFC WC contenders have solid records) ... that's not a recipe for an easy win.

Last edited:

Dreaj Foge

Practice Squad
@Dreaj Foge , welcome to the board as I never had an issue with other teams' fans coming on our board. Regarding unis, it's confirmed that we're wearing our purple color rush jerseys. I would've LOVED to see wear our black jerseys on the road, but I believe they keep those for home games which I completely understand.
Yellow and Purple and the field huh, coulda swore I saw all white for yours but thanks for the correction

There’s an NBA team down the road that wears yellow and purple, lol