• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs 49ers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tough team to face on a short week and sucks to be missing Skura (I assume even with best possible prognosis he'll miss this game) but they might be the only team left in the NFL who can cause us any potential problems with that defensive front.

Also the team that philosophically runs the most similar offence to the ravens with the 3 tight ends and the run game and a full back etc.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This game is very personal to me as my dad's a Niners fan so I'll be watching the game with him (in all likelihood).

On another note, @rossihunter2 , my dad is also a Liverpool supporter (well.....I am too because of him but I don't care too much about futbol lol) so this sports season has probably been the best for him in his life.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
ive been telling everyone including my patriots guys that if we beat niners, people really gotta conisder us one of the best regular season teams ever, especially if we make the SB

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I hate to say it, but this was a piss poor performance by Weddle. I don't want to dump on the guy but he was poor in run defense and coverage help and Rams fans are very vocal about it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hate to say it, but this was a piss poor performance by Weddle. I don't want to dump on the guy but he was poor in run defense and coverage help and Rams fans are very vocal about it.

he got run over - but he was also unlucky to not have caused the only ravens turnover in the passing game - lamar manipulated the hell out of him on that 1st td pass too

but nobody plays well when you have 45 points put up on your unit

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
This game I’m so damn excited for I don’t know how I feel about it but I’m excited the 9ers look every bit as good as us this season to be honest especially after Sunday night this should be a good one I still can’t believe it didn’t get flexed to SNF

I'm not scared of Jimmy, we will make him look silly and he will turnover the ball twice and hold him to one TD. Lamar faces the toughest challenge of the season, gives up an int and a fumble but still throws 1 and we run one in.

Ravens 20 Niners 13

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I am worried about the 49ers. Now that they have Kittle back, they look pretty damn good and that defense is super stout. They are going to be a tough test.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Tough game, really good matchup tough. I think homefield will be the difference and you guys win a close one 21-17

Homefield, 1 PM game for a west coast team. Honestly, the NFL needs to get their shit straight and stop doing this WC franchises. At least make it 4 pm games.

Pats

Veteran
Homefield, 1 PM game for a west coast team. Honestly, the NFL needs to get their shit straight and stop doing this WC franchises. At least make it 4 pm games.
Yeah its at a shitty time so I wont even be able to watch it, because it'll be like 2am for me. They should flex this to primetime honestly

Charm City

Pro Bowler
This game is very personal to me as my dad's a Niners fan so I'll be watching the game with him (in all likelihood).

On another note, @rossihunter2 , my dad is also a Liverpool supporter (well.....I am too because of him but I don't care too much about futbol lol) so this sports season has probably been the best for him in his life.
There's two other Liverpool supporters here?!?! YNWA

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the Niners have the best defense in the NFL. IF they can't stop Lamar , no one can . Someone will have to put up incredible offensive numbers against our D to beat us and the only team that I have seen that can do that are the Chiefs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think the Niners have the best defense in the NFL. IF they can't stop Lamar , no one can . Someone will have to put up incredible offensive numbers against our D to beat us and the only team that I have seen that can do that are the Chiefs.
the Chiefs don't really have a good defnese. The niners are a physical team and this will probably end up being our toughest game of the year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Deforest Buckner and Nick Bosa have been awesome this whole season and arik armstead has been a good piece too with those 2 playing with their hair on fire

Will be a challenge especially with Skura almost definitely out

Yanda is the heartbeat of the interior. Skura is an ok C. He's middle of the pack in PFF with a currently career best grade of a meh 62 ( that's yellow- ala average).

Mekari can easily be around that standard. The key for him ( for what it's worth, in 120 odd snaps compared to Skuras 600 snaps his grade is 70). the key is reps and more reps so he gets adjusted to the plays etc

he was excellent yesterday against a very, very good interior. He also was one of the best pass blocking tackles in college last year. I know C is a totally different world but he clearly can be moulded into a player of skuras ability or better.

This offensive line is all about Yanda, Stanley and Brown jr and Bozeman and Skura/Mekari being on the same page to the POINT where they are not liabilities.