• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs 49ers

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I doubt it considering their inept D and our secondary with Peters

Completely different on the back end. Jimmy didn't play. No Peters, questions at ILB, and Clark wasn't playing.

For some strange reason came out pass heavy as well. Feel a rematch would favor us, even though Hill missed that game, but our offense has found its identity.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yanda is the heartbeat of the interior. Skura is an ok C. He's middle of the pack in PFF with a currently career best grade of a meh 62 ( that's yellow- ala average).

Mekari can easily be around that standard. The key for him ( for what it's worth, in 120 odd snaps compared to Skuras 600 snaps his grade is 70). the key is reps and more reps so he gets adjusted to the plays etc

he was excellent yesterday against a very, very good interior. He also was one of the best pass blocking tackles in college last year. I know C is a totally different world but he clearly can be moulded into a player of skuras ability or better.

This offensive line is all about Yanda, Stanley and Brown jr and Bozeman and Skura/Mekari being on the same page to the POINT where they are not liabilities.

with mekari i think we're gonna lose a little in the interior running game but he's going to hold up well i expect in the passing game - not spectacular but good enough

the reps is definitely a big deal though - gonna be huge for him to get the 1s reps this week in practice - yanda etc. normally get vet days during the week - unless he really needs a day off from practice because of the short week i think you may see all the OL starters make extra sure they are available all week to help build that chemistry with as many reps as possible

i liked mekari during preseason but this is a big step up - did exceedingly well in a pinch vs aaron donald etc. but the 49ers are a whole different ball game - and you know they're going to try and isolate mekari to attack the perceived weakness on our OL

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Completely different on the back end. Jimmy didn't play. No Peters, questions at ILB, and Clark wasn't playing.

For some strange reason came out pass heavy as well. Feel a rematch would favor us, even though Hill missed that game, but our offense has found its identity.
Yep, Jimmy, too and (unfortunately) addition by subtraction with TJ out.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
with mekari i think we're gonna lose a little in the interior running game but he's going to hold up well i expect in the passing game - not spectacular but good enough

the reps is definitely a big deal though - gonna be huge for him to get the 1s reps this week in practice - yanda etc. normally get vet days during the week - unless he really needs a day off from practice because of the short week i think you may see all the OL starters make extra sure they are available all week to help build that chemistry with as many reps as possible

i liked mekari during preseason but this is a big step up - did exceedingly well in a pinch vs aaron donald etc. but the 49ers are a whole different ball game - and you know they're going to try and isolate mekari to attack the perceived weakness on our OL

Skura is hardly a road grader. I think Mekari can do what he does( standard of run blocking). The only downside is experience and reading blitzers..

that's a big downside

Not as worried about this as others. We match up extremely well with them, they are the 19th ranked run D and the only pass rusher that gave us fits was Clowney on 3-4 plays. They do have an amazing front 7 but their strength is getting to the passer not stopping the run and their secondary isn’t that good. Feel like we control the clock and score 30 fairly easy if we dont make stupid mistakes. On Defense i feel like we will eat Jimmy alive and pick him off 3-4 times with winks blitzes, if we guard kittle(please chuck) we win this game without an issue especially with pierce coming back which should help shut down their run.
Ravens 34-16

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I think early in the season we were having an identity crisis. We knew Lamar could pass, we wanted to let him pass, he wanted to pass to prove something, but we still had a lot of feeling out to do with his abilities. They’ve found a sweet spot and have gotten to a comfort level where they pass when it makes sense rather than force it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
People who are scared of the niners front, I say this...

No proud fan would openly admit to this, but deep down, they would all trade Buckner AND armstead for Donald alone, Donald is possibly the most dominant defensive player in the history of the game, and with double teams and simply avoiding him, he made no impact. It’s true that you can’t avoid everyone, but the weakest spot of our offense is the A gap on the left side, the rest of the offensive front is absolutely dominating the entire league, if Donald and wade phillips couldn’t make it to happen to exploit that A gap, then Buckner and armstead won’t either, and our tackles and TEs will do what they do and hold up the bookends. Nick bosa is a stud, but he’s a rookie, this is Greg Roman, the most complex, exotic, and confusing blocking scheme in the nfl basically for this entire generation, it’s what he does, bosa will be out of his element and just trying to stay on his feet for Christ’s sake, he’s not coming in here and blowing up our gameplan for that reason alone, add in the confusion and the guessing games that our offense forces, and the unstoppable athleticism and awareness of Lamar, and bosa is gonna be completely overmatched.

I think the ravens roll right tf over the niners defense, Not as bad as the rams, but I think this game will look something like the patriots game minus the muff.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also, jimmy G is not built for this environment, probably gonna be cold, 1:00 east coast game for a west coast qb, the bank is gonna be the most hostile of environments, and jimmy is naturally shook, he’s been a turnover machine, and it’s just gonna continue.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Also, jimmy G is not built for this environment, probably gonna be cold, 1:00 east coast game for a west coast qb, the bank is gonna be the most hostile of environments, and jimmy is naturally shook, he’s been a turnover machine, and it’s just gonna continue.
They do have lot of speed on both sides, I give them that. And Kittle. And Fred Warner.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yeah my biggest concern is stopping the infamous shanahan run game and TE attack with kittle. I’m far more concerned about that than our offense vs their defense
Going to be like New Years Eve in Sydney

sydney-harbour-bridge-fireworks-apn.jpg