• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs 49ers

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was shitting bricks before the Rams game and then when I checked the following morning they were all bricks of gold! I felt so damn rich. Now I'm back to shitting bricks before the Niners game. Will I shit gold or poop? Please advise.

Not as worried about this as others. We match up extremely well with them, they are the 19th ranked run D and the only pass rusher that gave us fits was Clowney on 3-4 plays. They do have an amazing front 7 but their strength is getting to the passer not stopping the run and their secondary isn’t that good. Feel like we control the clock and score 30 fairly easy if we dont make stupid mistakes. On Defense i feel like we will eat Jimmy alive and pick him off 3-4 times with winks blitzes, if we guard kittle(please chuck) we win this game without an issue especially with pierce coming back which should help shut down their run.
Ravens 34-16

Yeah, if the niners have a weakness it’s their run D, and as luck would have it, we have the #1 rush offense in the league. Lol. I think this game will be a tough one for us but I think we match up well against them.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Jimmy G's interception problem will come into play in this game. I think this will be one of our closer games that we win but our secondary will put a brighter light on the turnover problem Jimmy has. 49ers have the opposite problem of the Chiefs, a great defense being held back by miscues and problems by their QB. Tucker with the game winning FG late.

49ers 24
Ravens 27

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The weather worries me a lot. It's going to be slippery and shoddy grass conditions. Lamar's is great at cutting and juking which will be more difficult. We did have a couple of games in the drizzle (Seattle) but the Niners played against the Skins in torrential rain and came out with a W blanking out the Skins. So who has the advantage? I'm just hoping we continue our winning ways this week as well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The weather worries me a lot. It's going to be slippery and shoddy grass conditions. Lamar's is great at cutting and juking which will be more difficult. We did have a couple of games in the drizzle (Seattle) but the Niners played against the Skins in torrential rain and came out with a W blanking out the Skins. So who has the advantage? I'm just hoping we continue our winning ways this week as well.
they had a really low scoring game against the skins. I we would have the advantage in rain due to being a team that is elite at running the football. Sure Lamar can throw the football too, but our priority is beating teams on the ground and being really physical.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Let me think...
We beat Seahawks in the drizzle/rain
Niners beat Skins playing water polo

Advantage - bird team.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
presuming pierce is back for this game , do we also keep both petko and ellis activated?

Going to be like New Years Eve in Sydney

sydney-harbour-bridge-fireworks-apn.jpg

Impossible to get a beer and extended wait for public transport home?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It is a shame that Skura's knee injury is worse than just a sprain and that he was put on IR. The only thing that can stop this team from making a serious run to get a Lombardi Trophy are major injuries. I admit that for as much as I have trashed Matt Skura in the past, he was playing pretty well this season and I was pleasantly surprised. I am most concerned about this going forward and especially against the 49ers, because if there is a defense that can exploit a weakness on offense, it is definitely theirs.

presuming pierce is back for this game , do we also keep both petko and ellis activated?

Might as well put Koch on IR and keep both. Lol.

I don’t know much about Ellis but he’s much younger then Peko. I like Peko because of his experience, and he still seems to have a motor. Ellis is more of a BWill type player. Not gonna get many sacks/pressures but a good run stopper.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Who's gonna call the game? Romo? We haven't had him for quite a while.

dammit we've got a fox crew...
Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis and Pam Oliver

it is absolutely outrageous that maybe the biggest game of the year is stuck at 1pm on a sunday with a fox crew - it's bizarre this game didnt get flexed to 4:25 given there's a west coast team travelling east for this game too

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It is a shame that Skura's knee injury is worse than just a sprain and that he was put on IR. The only thing that can stop this team from making a serious run to get a Lombardi Trophy are major injuries. I admit that for as much as I have trashed Matt Skura in the past, he was playing pretty well this season and I was pleasantly surprised. I am most concerned about this going forward and especially against the 49ers, because if there is a defense that can exploit a weakness on offense, it is definitely theirs.

This line runs through 3 players and is maintained by average LG and C play

as long as Yanda, Stanley and Brown are healthy we have nothing to worry about. Bozeman has been awful in pass protection, one of the worst and i just checked PFF to see this and his passblocking grade for the year is 48 which is at the very bottom, but solid as a run blocker ( particularly pulling). Skura has been average at both.

As long as Mekari can be average and the three main dudes continue on this trajectory we'll be fine.

Tank

Hall of Famer
dammit we've got a fox crew...
Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis and Pam Oliver

it is absolutely outrageous that maybe the biggest game of the year is stuck at 1pm on a sunday with a fox crew - it's bizarre this game didnt get flexed to 4:25 given there's a west coast team travelling east for this game too
It’s all about the biggest markets ergo $.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was shitting bricks before the Rams game and then when I checked the following morning they were all bricks of gold! I felt so damn rich. Now I'm back to shitting bricks before the Niners game. Will I shit gold or poop? Please advise.
You shid fard poop

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's a damn shame the weather looks so bad for Sunday's game. Heavy cold rain . I'm not sure who would have the advantage here. It slows down the speedy 49ers front but also slows down Lamar.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
You should be shitting Tiffany cuff links by now.