• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Win, The Outside Runs and The Weather

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here’s my take on the Niners D : they had a lot of dirty players taking shots at Lamar’s legs .

Dirtiest team I’ve seen this year and I think Zeus Jr said he felt there were other dirty plays on Lamar that should have been called.

I hate the Niners !!

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Admit you're wrong and keep it moving. And stop being a Richard. I've seen people now abandon boards and switch up fandom.

Those two passes kept us honest at the back, so Mostert ran a mile on us.

Have always seemed to struggle with fast backs and don't expect to it to get better with our edge guys and current LBs. Back then we'd just "put a little hot sauce" on em.

EDIT: correction + let's go texans!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Admit you're wrong and keep it moving. And stop being a Richard. I've seen people now abandon boards and switch up fandom.

Have always seemed to struggle with fast backs and don't expect to it to get better with our edge guys and current LBs. Back then we'd just "put a little hot sauce" on em.

EDIT: correction + let's go texans!
All Shanahan
He really spreads their zone

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This was a game between the two best teams in the league and we won despite not playing our best game. As much as I've enjoyed the blowouts, I think this was a very important game to prove that we could win in a dogfight type of game.

Also, how great is it to have Justin Tucker for these situations? GOAT

Tank

Hall of Famer
This was a game between the two best teams in the league and we won despite not playing our best game. As much as I've enjoyed the blowouts, I think this was a very important game to prove that we could win in a dogfight type of game.

I just posted, and deleted something similar after reading this. lol The experience of winning while not playing our best should help a bunch down the road.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
All Shanahan
He really spreads their zone

Great coach but I think theres a reason he got the touches today.

Total effort from all 3 phases. Moore came through to help pin them deep. A game where each side really seemed to play for each other.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I had 9ers fans complain about them losing because of the refs...? what????

yeah i saw that on twitter - complaining that we were getting away with holds all the time and that the refs were screwing them - and i literally cant think what decision they think we got that we shouldnt have got... if anything they're lucky their team wasnt flagged more

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1)Peters doesn't tackle and I guess you have to take that as part of the package given that he can be so dynamic against the pass and has such the instinct for picks but man did his poor tackling show up in the first half. his lack of effort and desire to tackle was embarrassing. It really hurt the team. No effort whatsoever on a little dump that should have gone for five but ended up going for 30 on SF's first drive. Awful ...it literally cost The Ravens 20 yards. I don't want to go over the other tackles he missed in the first half and what it cost the team.
2) Wormley played very well in the first half.
3) Pierce snaps seemed limited.
4) ferguson had two nice rushes (1st half) from the edge.
5) Judon gave up the edge early though it was so egregious I wonder if he thought someone else had the contain. It appears he is guessing and he gives a somewhat half hearted wrong arm of Juice.
6) Peters uncharacteristically showed no ball awareness on the 1st TD where it appeared he was to be over the WR deep.
7) Im hopeful that we are making an effort to stay balanced offensively moving forward. I know it was raining and gamelans are opponent specific but Im hopeful that we don't fall quite into the trap of .."we average 200 yds on the ground .....we run the ball...because come playoff time someone will take that away. Balance moving forward.
8) need to scheme Snead early and get him involved.
9) This team needs someone on the outside beside Brown
10) Lamar was the offense in this game....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i love roman and all the motion and power running we do but i sometimes imagine a shanahan offence with lamar at qb and how creative he is
well with RG3 it was much much more read option, but than again RG3 ain't no LJ.