• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Win, The Outside Runs and The Weather

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We’re now the 1 seed... guys if we win out then the road to the super bowl goes through us.

Craziest part is, we just played the last game on our schedule that we could lose even on a good day. Like if we show up every remaining game we should win out handily. Bills, pit, and Cleveland are a rough stretch, but we are definitively better than all of them.

So if the ravens can just avoid laying a total egg, we theoretically should end up the 1 seed

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
1)Peters doesn't tackle and I guess you have to take that as part of the package given that he can be so dynamic against the pass and has such the instinct for picks but man did his poor tackling show up in the first half. his lack of effort and desire to tackle was embarrassing. It really hurt the team. No effort whatsoever on a little dump that should have gone for five but ended up going for 30 on SF's first drive. Awful ...it literally cost The Ravens 20 yards. I don't want to go over the other tackles he missed in the first half and what it cost the team.
2) Wormley played very well in the first half.
3) Pierce snaps seemed limited.
4) ferguson had two nice rushes (1st half) from the edge.
5) Judon gave up the edge early though it was so egregious I wonder if he thought someone else had the contain. It appears he is guessing and he gives a somewhat half hearted wrong arm of Juice.
6) Peters uncharacteristically showed no ball awareness on the 1st TD where it appeared he was to be over the WR deep.
7) Im hopeful that we are making an effort to stay balanced offensively moving forward. I know it was raining and gamelans are opponent specific but Im hopeful that we don't fall quite into the trap of .."we average 200 yds on the ground .....we run the ball...because come playoff time someone will take that away. Balance moving forward.
8) need to scheme Snead early and get him involved.
9) This team needs someone on the outside beside Brown
10) Lamar was the offense in this game....
Earl Thomas also had his share of issues this game as well. Not sure why or how but this was a rough one from him imho.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’re now the 1 seed... guys if we win out then the road to the super bowl goes through us.

Craziest part is, we just played the last game on our schedule that we could lose even on a good day. Like if we show up every remaining game we should win out handily. Bills, pit, and Cleveland are a rough stretch, but we are definitively better than all of them.

So if the ravens can just avoid laying a total egg, we theoretically should end up the 1 seed
Don’t underestimate the Bills. Allen and our edge defenders concern me. He’s a lot like Jackson—not as good but he is like the Diet Coke version of Lamar or perhaps even Coke Zero. He’s got skill though and can be dangerous.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm trying not too be a downer because I'm elated that we won, but I'm actually quite scared.
1) Marcus Peters, I'm not going to say anything more than that was unacceptable.
2) Run defense is still waaaay too leaky.
3) Wide receivers were actually horrible.
4) Lamar and special teams are why we won this game.
5) We can beat anyone, including ourselves.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don’t underestimate the Bills. Allen and our edge defenders concern me. He’s a lot like Jackson—not as good but he is like the Diet Coke version of Lamar or perhaps even Coke Zero. He’s got skill though and can be dangerous.
Allen May very well be prone to turnovers though, he’s always been panicky, rushed, and as a result inaccurate at heart. He’s been much better than I thought but the blitz should have him rushing things often and I like our defense vs him.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
One thing I like however, is that we've had a BRUTAL schedule this year. Luckily, I think all of these tests in the regular season will have us ready for the playoffs

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Allen May very well be prone to turnovers though, he’s always been panicky, rushed, and as a result inaccurate at heart. He’s been much better than I thought but the blitz should have him rushing things often and I like our defense vs him.
he's been pretty careful with the football recently too
I've always liked Allen. I still think well fool him into turnovers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Am now seeing some 9ers fans do the same thing that pats fans did and try and rationalise it by saying they were just doing x because they wanted to see whether we did y or z and that they’ll have a “real” defensive game plan for when we meet again in the playoffs... Super Bowl

Last edited by a moderator:

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Am now seeing some 9ers fans do the same thing that pats fans did and try and rationalise it by saying they were just doing x because they wanted to see whether we did y or z and that they’ll have a “real” defensive game plan for when we meet again in the playoffs...

You spelled "Super Bowl" wrong.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Am now seeing some 9ers fans do the same thing that pats fans did and try and rationalise it by saying they were just doing x because they wanted to see whether we did y or z and that they’ll have a “real” defensive game plan for when we meet again in the playoffs...
There team is laughing at them, too.

purp

Practice Squad
What an amazing game. My key takeaways:

-External factors hurt us bad. Lamar has dramatically improved as a thrower but he’s still mastering his technique. The cold rain really taxed his ability to throw the ball.

-Much of our passing game is also about timing and the rain really sapped our speed/ability to get to spots. The best evidence of this was Marquis Brown being blanketed by a linebacker. Doesn’t happen on a clear day.

-The short week with MNF and Thanksgiving hurt us too. We didn’t look as a prepared as we normally do and it took us longer than usual to adjust to the zone stretch. That said, George Kittle is a monster in the run game. Watching him block our OLBs off the ball one-on-one gave me unpleasant flashbacks to prime Heath Miller. We completely erased him in the pass game though.

-Lamar Jackson is the truth, confirmed. The last regular season test Jackson had to pass was winning a gritty game where things didn’t go his way early. That throw across his body to Hurst to seal the game was his most clutch throw of the year and we may look back on that pass as the reason we get the 1 seed and win the SB. MVP. MVP.

Tank

Hall of Famer
If I’m not mistaken this was LJ’s first pro game in the slop. While he wasn’t stellar he certainly weathered the storm and gained valuable experience. Now that we’re in the driver’s seat the pressure mounts, but it seems Lamar and the Ravens will be up to the challenge. LET’s GO!!!!

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, the refs could have given them more gifts like the PI on Humph. smh

Not sure how anyone could make that reach.
For those around during our win against the 49ers in the Super Bowl , the Niners fans were the most uninformed,insufferable group of idiots in NFL fandom .