• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
@Dom McRaven @RavensMania

Today on Days of Our Steelers....... AB continues to be a Diva and demands his new team plays by his rules and that he doesn't even need to play football. This is what he had to say to ESPN:

“I don’t even have to play football if I don’t want. I don’t even need the game. I don’t need to prove nothing to anyone,” Brown told ESPN, via NFL.com. “If they wanna play, they going to play by my rules. If not, I don’t need to play.

“Obviously, I want the game, but I don’t need the game. It’s a difference.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/03/antonio-brown-i-dont-even-have-to-play-football/

Yeah that's going to help find a trade partner when now your saying you could just up and retire on the new team.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
@Dom McRaven @RavensMania

Today on Days of Our Steelers....... AB continues to be a Diva and demands his new team plays by his rules and that he doesn't even need to play football. This is what he had to say to ESPN:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/03/antonio-brown-i-dont-even-have-to-play-football/

Yeah that's going to help find a trade partner when now your saying you could just up and retire on the new team.
All he really saying is that “ i dont need yall”. He just letting them know that they cant control him

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
All he really saying is that “ i dont need yall”. He just letting them know that they cant control him

He can't control himself. Seriously, who needs drama like this on their team? I may not rate Harbaugh as much as I used to but I can't thank him enough for not allowing a culture like the Steelers' to grow here.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He can't control himself. Seriously, who needs drama like this on their team? I may not rate Harbaugh as much as I used to but I can't thank him enough for not allowing a culture like the Steelers' to grow here.
Why is it that all of a sudden he brings drama? Where was this drama years ago? Same with bell, he sat out and all of a sudden they labeled him a drama queen also..its crazy when players finally get leverage and get to dictate their career, the media labels them. Not everyone gonna sit around and just get treated any kind of way.

Reactions: cdp

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Why is it that all of a sudden he brings drama? Where was this drama years ago? Same with bell, he sat out and all of a sudden they labeled him a drama queen also..its crazy when players finally get leverage and get to dictate their career, the media labels them. Not everyone gonna sit around and just get treated any kind of way.
Not correct. AB was always ego maniac, just look at his social media accounts over last 3-4 years or his choice of transport to the training camp.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not correct. AB was always ego maniac, just look at his social media accounts over last 3-4 years or his choice of transport to the training camp.
he'd be a perfect fit as a Redskins. He and the owner can show up in their own helicopters. Better yet, he would be complaining by mid season that they aren't throwing him enough catchable balls.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
THIS! Harbaugh has his coaching flaws and we will continue to criticize him until otherwise. I don't know how he does it, but I can't question him as a leader. I keep him using it as an example because it's relevant, but this team could have EASILY quit on him after choking away a playoff spot in the last two seasons.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Yep. I believe Ryan Clark talked about it on First Take before AB got his contract. Based on Clark's words, it seemed back then that he was above the team.

They say winning cures all. That's the main reason why we didn't hear much more about it since they were winning division titles and playoff spots. Now in the ONE year they missed the playoffs (Madden curse and can't anyone tell me different), you can see how the drama turned an ugly head and boy is it ugly (great for us tho).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
THIS! Harbaugh has his coaching flaws and we will continue to criticize him until otherwise. I don't know how he does it, but I can't question him as a leader. I keep him using it as an example because it's relevant, but this team could have EASILY quit on him after choking away a playoff spot in the last two seasons.
Absolutely and a leader is the most important quality in a head coach. This is the reason so many coordinators aren't successful as head coaches, they aren't leaders.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Although I always believe the drama has been there, I also believe they have been better about keeping it under wraps.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
but why is it a big deal now though?

Because PIT and AB made it a big deal. Someone already said it - while they were winning division, they were quiet about it. Now, someone has to be blamed.
As a matter of fact, you didn't hear a peep about their drama after their slow start onwards to a 7-2-1 start. Essentially, it was right after the loss to the Broncos because a certain QB doesn't believe in holding himself accountable.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I know that Mr. Kraft denies the allegations but it is now reported there is surveillance tape. Adam Shefter is saying there are bigger names involved than Mr. Kraft.....Jerry Jones?.....lol.

upload_2019-3-3_17-40-38.jpeg

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Let the Josh Rosen trade speculation begin........ new report says Kyler Murray to the Cardinals with the first overall pick is a "done deal".

"In terms of Murray, people are beginning to believe almost universally he will indeed be the No. 1 pick in this draft by the Arizona Cardinals," Jones reported during NFL Network's combine coverage. "In fact, teams picking in the top 10 believe they'll have no chance of drafting Murray. He's not the biggest quarterback in the world, but he is a very big presence at this combine."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/02/k...irst-overall-nfl-draft-pick-arizona-cardinals

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I feel bad for Rosen, but it's not shocking that a new HC would want his QB and not a recently drafted one that hasn't looked that good. Though on a real team Rosen will likely look a lot better.

it's more surprising that steve keim is all out on rosen - he drafted him a year ago and then hired a new HC...
to draft Murray is to basically tell ownership he screwed up a year ago and that for some reason despite also getting a DUI he managed to keep his job

he's literally demonstrating to ownership that he doesnt know what he's doing because no matter how this goes he's made a mistake somewhere...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
it's more surprising that steve keim is all out on rosen - he drafted him a year ago and then hired a new HC...
to draft Murray is to basically tell ownership he screwed up a year ago and that for some reason despite also getting a DUI he managed to keep his job

he's literally demonstrating to ownership that he doesnt know what he's doing because no matter how this goes he's made a mistake somewhere...
I'm thinking it's not just football stuff with Rosen