• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member

TYREEK HILLWR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Brooke Pryor and Steve Vockrodt of the Kansas City Star report Tyreek Hill is being investigated for alleged battery.

there's a reason he dropped to the 5th round - you'd think he'd try and not be a fucking abusive dickwad for 4 years to get guaranteed money in a contract first but heyho - he just couldnt help himself

chiefs have set a precedent now with releasing hunt (which they should have done) - so tyreek's gotta go too

problem is the cowboys or some piece of trash organisation like the bengals will pick him up

or god forbid the browns pick him up as well and they can have all that trash on one roster and become the cowboys of the afc north

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
there's a reason he dropped to the 5th round - you'd think he'd try and not be a fucking abusive dickwad for 4 years to get guaranteed money in a contract first but heyho - he just couldnt help himself

chiefs have set a precedent now with releasing hunt (which they should have done) - so tyreek's gotta go too

problem is the cowboys or some piece of trash organisation like the bengals will pick him up

or god forbid the browns pick him up as well and they can have all that trash on one roster and become the cowboys of the afc north
shame as he's a fun player to watch, but I to wondered if this type of incident would happen with Hill.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
shame as he's a fun player to watch, but I to wondered if this type of incident would happen with Hill.

he's one of the most fun to watch players in the league - but fuck him - its his own fault and he needs to face some consequences for his actions

and also its just another example of how the 6 game suspension minimum for DV or DV-related incidents is not enough of a deterrent
it should be a full season tbh until this kinda shit stops happening

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

BRYCE CALLAHANDB, DENVER BRONCOS

Broncos signed CB Bryce Callahan to a three-year, $21 million contract.
The Broncos are paying full price for Callahan despite a late season foot injury that landed him on IR. There's some health concerns with Callahan, but he was one of the top corners left in free agency. Callahan should remain in the slot in Denver, with Kareem Jackson and Chris Harris starting on the outside. The Broncos have invested heavily on what projects as an improved 2019 secondary.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:49 PM

rossihunter2

Staff Member

BRYCE CALLAHANDB, DENVER BRONCOS

Broncos signed CB Bryce Callahan to a three-year, $21 million contract.
The Broncos are paying full price for Callahan despite a late season foot injury that landed him on IR. There's some health concerns with Callahan, but he was one of the top corners left in free agency. Callahan should remain in the slot in Denver, with Kareem Jackson and Chris Harris starting on the outside. The Broncos have invested heavily on what projects as an improved 2019 secondary.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:49 PM

that's a great signing

Depending on the results of the investigation, I don't think he'll be signed by anyone for a little while. Good chance he will face jail time if the broken arm and other allegations are accurate.

I know organizations have managed to look past abusing women, drugs, murder, and rape.... Maybe breaking a kid's arm in this day and age is a line they won't cross for PR?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Depending on the results of the investigation, I don't think he'll be signed by anyone for a little while. Good chance he will face jail time if the broken arm and other allegations are accurate.

I know organizations have managed to look past abusing women, drugs, murder, and rape.... Maybe breaking a kid's arm in this day and age is a line they won't cross for PR?

adrian peterson hit his son with his belt (and admits he still does) and literally no one in the NFL cares - i dont trust the nfl to get this right - they never have - it might actually take jail time to actually take him out of the league

and before anyone else signs him the chiefs have to cut him first

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Surprise retirement news...... Saints Center Max Unger has retired from the NFL. He had one year left on his contract.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

DWAYNE HASKINS
QB, COLLEGE PLAYER

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Giants feel Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins "doesn't fit" with the team.
Russini adds the Giants are barely scouting him. ESPN's Jordan Raanan speculates the Giants aren't interested because the team doesn't see enough "elusiveness in the pocket" from the 21-year-old play-caller, creating a sense of doubt the front office can't seem to overlook. It's asinine, but the powers that be are clearly interested in sticking with 38-year-old Mike Francesa-favorite Eli Manning under center this upcoming season and instead using the No. 6 overall pick on a "safe" option on the opposite side of the ball. GM Dave Gettleman ostensibly telegraphed his infatuation with Saquon Barkley well before the draft last year, getting gushy and stating he was "touched by the hand of God" after selecting the former Nittany Lion No. 2 overall. A similar picture is unfortunately being painted for the once-proud franchise this year.
@Giants56Ravens52

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Be Careful what you wish for Diggs....

STEFON DIGGSWR, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Stefon Diggs' brother, Trevon Diggs, posted a cryptic Instagram photo of the Vikings wideout in a Redskins uniform.
The photo can be viewed in the link below. This will likely amount to nothing, but it's worth noting the cap-strapped Vikings would save $12.4 million on the books if Diggs was, for whatever reason, shipped to Washington. In his final season with Minnesota, new Skins starter Case Keenum did hit Diggs for 57/756/6 in 14 starts together. Minnesota likely won't even consider trading their 25-year-old stud wideout.

RELATED:
SOURCE: Instagram

JO_75

Hall of Famer
DWAYNE HASKINSQB, COLLEGE PLAYER

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Giants feel Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins "doesn't fit" with the team.
Russini adds the Giants are barely scouting him. ESPN's Jordan Raanan speculates the Giants aren't interested because the team doesn't see enough "elusiveness in the pocket" from the 21-year-old play-caller, creating a sense of doubt the front office can't seem to overlook. It's asinine, but the powers that be are clearly interested in sticking with 38-year-old Mike Francesa-favorite Eli Manning under center this upcoming season and instead using the No. 6 overall pick on a "safe" option on the opposite side of the ball. GM Dave Gettleman ostensibly telegraphed his infatuation with Saquon Barkley well before the draft last year, getting gushy and stating he was "touched by the hand of God" after selecting the former Nittany Lion No. 2 overall. A similar picture is unfortunately being painted for the once-proud franchise this year.
@Giants56Ravens52

I get passing on QBs this year in the draft and waiting for 2020 but they made a mistake in not drafting a QB last year. They are delusional.

adrian peterson hit his son with his belt (and admits he still does) and literally no one in the NFL cares - i dont trust the nfl to get this right - they never have - it might actually take jail time to actually take him out of the league

and before anyone else signs him the chiefs have to cut him first

I agree. I was being facetious.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

@Giants56Ravens52
Worst smokescreen ive seen in my life. If Haskins doesnt fit then how tf does Eli

@Giants56Ravens52

I get passing on QBs this year in the draft and waiting for 2020 but they made a mistake in not drafting a QB last year. They are delusional.

I like Haskins a lot, but already heard rumblings at this (I don't think Russini is that reliable necessarily, and the shot at Francesca is just unprofessional even if he is an idiot at times). It's not that they don't like Haskins, they just do not believe they need to go QB this year or next necessarily. Plus there is a considerable amount of smoke that they'll trade a 2nd or 3rd for Rosen, which would be better as it keeps the 2 firsts for the defense.

The Giants as it stands right now are looking to add Remmers to complete the OLine rebuild, find a deep threat, and are reshaping the defensive personnel with guys that fit Bettcher's scheme. They really aren't that far off from being a sneaky good team this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they win 4 games or 11.

I disagree on last year's draft. Saquon was absolutely the right pick once Mayfield was taken first. Then again I hated Darnold and Allen, and didn't feel Rosen was worth the #2 pick. I get the whole not taking a RB that high, but Saquon is truly special.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I like Haskins a lot, but already heard rumblings at this (I don't think Russini is that reliable necessarily, and the shot at Francesca is just unprofessional even if he is an idiot at times). It's not that they don't like Haskins, they just do not believe they need to go QB this year or next necessarily. Plus there is a considerable amount of smoke that they'll trade a 2nd or 3rd for Rosen, which would be better as it keeps the 2 firsts for the defense.

The Giants as it stands right now are looking to add Remmers to complete the OLine rebuild, find a deep threat, and are reshaping the defensive personnel with guys that fit Bettcher's scheme. They really aren't that far off from being a sneaky good team this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they win 4 games or 11.

I disagree on last year's draft. Saquon was absolutely the right pick once Mayfield was taken first. Then again I hated Darnold and Allen, and didn't feel Rosen was worth the #2 pick. I get the whole not taking a RB that high, but Saquon is truly special.

Sorry to be a downer but I don’t see any way the giants win more than 7 games next year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

JOHNNY MANZIEL
QB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Former NFL QB Johnny Manziel was claimed by the Memphis Express of the Alliance of American Football.
The San Antonio Commanders relinquished Manziel's rights, paving his path to Memphis. Manziel is expected to report to the team on Sunday. Depending on his level of fitness, Johnny Football should have a chance to see the field right away. The quarterback position has been a revolving door for the Express, who benched Jets bust Christian Hackenberg for Zach Mettenberger early in the season, only for Mettenberger to get hurt in Saturday's loss to Salt Lake. The former Heisman Trophy winner disappointed during his short stay in Canada, compiling only five touchdowns with seven interceptions over an eight-game stint with Montreal.

Sorry to be a downer but I don’t see any way the giants win more than 7 games next year

Like I said, wouldn't be surprised by that. The Giants did lose 5 games by 3 points or less last year though, and played significantly better in the second half of the season when they averaged 27.4 points/game in their last 8, half of which without Beckham and all of which without a defense while playing one of the hardest schedules in the league.

It isn't far-fetched at all that with an improvement to the OL, and getting some defensive help in guys who know/fit Bettcher's defense (top 6 each of the last 3 years he was in Arizona) that they could win 10+, especially with a much easier schedule. I doubt it will happen, but that's why I said I wouldn't be surprised if they win 5 or 11.

I'm actually extremely bullish on the Giants defense this year, especially if they add 2 1st rounders to the mix from a defense heavy draft. Before signing Bethea, the Giants had the youngest defensive roster in the NFL. They basically brought in 3 guys who already know the defense from playing in Arizona under Bettcher, brought in Peppers to play SS instead of Collins who didn't fit, have a bunch of young guys who are getting better, and are adding in at least 2 high picks to that. Not terrible really

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Like I said, wouldn't be surprised by that. The Giants did lose 5 games by 3 points or less last year though, and played significantly better in the second half of the season when they averaged 27.4 points/game in their last 8, half of which without Beckham and all of which without a defense while playing one of the hardest schedules in the league.

It isn't far-fetched at all that with an improvement to the OL, and getting some defensive help in guys who know/fit Bettcher's defense (top 6 each of the last 3 years he was in Arizona) that they could win 10+, especially with a much easier schedule. I doubt it will happen, but that's why I said I wouldn't be surprised if they win 5 or 11.

I'm actually extremely bullish on the Giants defense this year, especially if they add 2 1st rounders to the mix from a defense heavy draft. Before signing Bethea, the Giants had the youngest defensive roster in the NFL. They basically brought in 3 guys who already know the defense from playing in Arizona under Bettcher, brought in Peppers to play SS instead of Collins who didn't fit, have a bunch of young guys who are getting better, and are adding in at least 2 high picks to that. Not terrible really

Right now it seems it is the Giants vs Dolphins in the 2019 Tank Bowl for the first overall pick in 2020.