• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ryan Fitzpatrick returns to the AFC East and moves to South Beach. Dolphins sign Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Sounds good. Hows the fishing?

Gimli_-_FOTR.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Free agent OT Ereck Flowers will visit the Redskins Sunday night.
Exiled from East Rutherford last season, the former Giants first-round pick spent the latter half of 2018 in Jacksonville, starting the Jags' final seven games at left tackle. The Miami product has largely been a bust, but could benefit from a change of scenery. In Washington, he'd merely be a depth piece behind starting tackles Trent Brown Trent Williams and Morgan Moses.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We will have to agree to disagree. I'll bet the Giants win more games than the Ravens this year.

Giants are sticking with an aging Eli Manning and decided to waste Saquon Barkley's early years instead of taking a QB. Trading OBJ was a move to help secure Tua in 2020.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ryan Fitzpatrick returns to the AFC East and moves to South Beach. Dolphins sign Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Update: It is a 2 year deal worth $11M with incentives that could boost the contract between $17M & $20M. Seems he is entrenched as the starter in Miami.

Giants are sticking with an aging Eli Manning and decided to waste Saquon Barkley's early years instead of taking a QB. Trading OBJ was a move to help secure Tua in 2020.

Who should they take to play QB? I like Haskins, but all my sources say the Giants aren't sold on him. It could be smoke screen, but my guys are usually right. I don't like Gettleman, and I disagree with them getting rid of OBJ, but it was always planned to do so. I had it confirmed that the only reason they re-signed him was to get something for him. They got the best they could from what they said.

The Giants had a top 10 offense in the second half of last year even without OBJ for a good part of it. They brought in the best rated pass blocking guard in the NFL per PFF, and now may have one of the best lines in football. Eli being old or not, this is the first time he'll have an excellent line in front of him since the last Superbowl run. He has one of the best RBs in the NFL, a TE that is a mismatch nightmare, and 2 solid WRs. They're going to put up points. If the defense is halfway decent they'll be in the playoffs.

Hey let's not get ahead of ourselves for a moment lol. I don't think we'll win the division, but I don't we'll be trash either.

Not meant as a dig at the Ravens at all. I follow and root for the Ravens as well and don't think they'll be bad at all. I think they'll struggle a bit with the roster turnover, but they will be solid.

It was more meant as both teams' rosters are being turned over, the Giants are far better on offense, and the Ravens lost about half their starting defense and have just as many question marks imo. The Giants will have an easier schedule, so I believe there's a very strong chance they win more

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

NICK EASTONC, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Saints signed OG Nick Easton, formerly of the Vikings, to a four-year, $24 million contract.
New Orleans became a top destination for Easton following starting C Max Unger's surprise retirement on Saturday. Initially acquired from the Niners for LB Gerald Hodges in 2016, Easton logged 665 snaps at left guard and another 463 at center for the Vikings before sitting out all of last year following neck surgery. The 26-year-old will slide right into Unger's former position, sandwiching in between Terron Armstead, Andrus Peat, Larry Warford, and Ryan Ramczyk.

purp

Practice Squad
I’m calling it now, the Browns are going to collapse under the weight of expectation and then that powder keg of a locker room will do the rest.

All eyes on Freddie Kitchens.