• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
LMAO, good luck fielding a whole 53 man roster Seattle. From Rap Sheet:

Full details for the #Seahawks and QB Russell Wilson: 4 new years, $140M. $65M to sign. Total guarantee: $107M. A no-trade clause. ... Now, Wilson is under contract for 5 years and $157M. And staying in Seattle.
That's what top5 QB money cost you and Wilson deserved it because he's actually a top 5 QB (and the stats back this aswell) unlike many other QB's who got paid handsomely.
Most Ravens fan don't get this, but you can still be a playoff/SB contender after you pay your QB. 1st we handed out bad contracts, then restructures and dead money hit us. Since 2015 no team created more points through non-passing offense(defense, rushing, special teams) than the Ravens, we didn't struggle because we couldn't surround Flacco with a good supporting cast and team in general. It was because we started Flacco and not because we paid him.

There's is this other argument that we see more non-elite Qb's reach the SB. Yes that's true. we have more non-elite Qb's than elite ones in this league. So just from a numbers perspective alone we end up seeing non-elite Qbs more.
Also, since 2002: Brady, Ben, P.Manning, Rodgers, Wilson and Brees won 18 SBs whereas Eli Manning, Flacco, Foles and Brad Johnson won 5. Yes some of this played under rookie contracts, but elite QB play increases your chances.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
57297852_2460999007280106_7836730085720719360_n.jpg

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Josh Rosen on his current situation in Arizona: “It’s my duty to prove them right if they keep me, and prove them wrong if they ship me off."
If the cards really trade him I hope it will haunt them forever

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Josh Rosen on his current situation in Arizona: “It’s my duty to prove them right if they keep me, and prove them wrong if they ship me off."
If the cards really trade him I hope it will haunt them forever
Yes as long as they don't trade him to DC!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
you got that right!!!!!! No one feels that way on this board more than me.

I just wonder how long the Cardinals are going to keep this whole act up. I imagine he may be traded Day 2 of the Draft for a second round pick but maybe something happens prior to the Draft.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chiefs acquire DE Frank Clark in exhange for 2019 1st Round Pick and 2020 Second Round Pick.

Chiefs also give Clark 5 year $105M contract

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
For the last couple months, everyone has said Murray would be the first pick and now every report says they won't draft him first overall. Now reports say Ownership pushed for him to sell tickets but are now going in a different direction according to Pete Prisco. There are also rumors of the Raiders looking to make a big move to trade up for either Murray or Bosa.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-rumors-cardinals-not-162342051.html

Gee I wonder of these 2 stories are somehow related....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Chiefs acquire DE Frank Clark in exhange for 2019 1st Round Pick and 2020 Second Round Pick.

Can't believe the Chiefs gave up this much. Congratulations @Truth for picking him in the draft several years ago

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I know he is great but was he worth that much more than Ford who they already had and traded away for less?