1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest, thanks for stopping by. Be sure to sign up if you haven't already done so!
    Dismiss Notice

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Discussion in 'Other NFL Teams' started by RavensPunkXVX, May 5, 2017.

1. cdp

cdp Pro Bowler

lol...and Gase is now the gm ad interim
    [​IMG]Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
    Jets have fired GM Mike Maccagnan and VP of Player Personnel Brian Heimerdinger, league sources told @jeffdarlington and me. Maccagnan had two years left on his contract. Jets are in position to have strong season thanks to Maccagnan and Heimerdinger.

2. cdp

cdp Pro Bowler

DeCosta better not wins this award...GMs winning Exec of the Yr, 2009-16:
    2009: Polian (fired after 2011)
    2010: Pioli (fired after 2012)
    2011: Balke (fired after 2016)
    2012: Grigson (fired after 2016)
    2013: Dorsey (fired after 2016)
    2015: Maccagnan (fired after 2018)
    2016: McKenzie (fired after 2018)

3. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

tbf i think howie roseman and chris ballard already buck that trend... roseman got the being fired out of the way before he won exec of the year and ballard looks like he's building a juggernaut

4. RavensMania

RavensMania Staff Member Moderator

Exec of the Year can't mean much. I mean Bruce Allen won executive of the year when he was with the Raiders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. allblackraven

allblackraven Ravens Ring of Honor

Apparently, Joe Douglas is a leading candidate to take over as GM, with Daniel Jeremiah rumored to have a good shot for some sort of role in personnel department.

6. rossihunter2

rossihunter2 Staff Member Moderator

ive heard it the other way round lol too - i saw something that suggested DJ was in line to be GM and that joe douglas was expected to be high on his list of candidates to join him as a leading exec in his new personnel staff because they are such good friends (although that would be more of a lateral move for douglas which makes your option more likely i think)

7. redrum52

redrum52 MVP

Grigson never should have won the damn thing in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cdp

cdp Pro Bowler

Joe Douglas makes sense, great talent evaluator and a ton of experience. DJ is a nice dude with some scouting background, but that's it. Elliot Wolf the Browns assistant is also a candidate I'd consider. But the jets gonna do jets things

9. JO_75

JO_75 Ravens Ring of Honor

Interesting details are coming out of his firing. Apparently Jets new Head Coach Adam Gase had two major disagreements that led to Mike's firing. Gase didn't want to spend top dollar on a RB, and did not want to give in to Bell's ridiculous price tag.

Also Rap Sheet says Gase wasn't a fan of spending big money on Mosley either. Thus Mike Maccagnan was fired.

So can we have Mosley back then?

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 7:26 PM
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Davesta

Davesta Veteran

I don’t know how they can afford to let this leak. Your best players on both sides of the ball. I can only imagine how awkward practices are going to be.

11. Lost_In_Translation

Lost_In_Translation Staff Member Administrator Writer

12. JO_75

Jets trade Darron Lee to the Chiefs for a 2020 6th Round Pick. So Gase's first move as GM is to get rid of one player drafted by the old GM.

This has train wreck written all over it.

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 10:25 PM
  13. Edgar

Edgar Pro Bowler

he was absolutely awful.

14. allblackraven

allblackraven Ravens Ring of Honor

To be fair, Lee was a huge disappointment

15. Davesta

Davesta Veteran

Even so... wished we throw a dart at that. It’s a 6 rounder

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JO_75

17. JO_75

More on Peterson's Suspension:

PATRICK PETERSON DB, ARIZONA CARDINALS
    • [​IMG]
      NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Patrick Peterson's PED ban was for six games instead of four because his test revealed a masking agent in addition to a banned substance.
      Four games is the baseline, but Peterson gets extra time for trying to manipulate the result. It's not a good look for the 28-year-old All-Pro, though he is obviously far from the only one in the NFL using such methods. Pat Pete's 2019 debut will come in Week 7 against the Giants. Either Eli Manning or Daniel Jones could get his season off on the right foot.

18. JO_75

LOL.... imagine if they actually trade Bell before the season.

19. JO_75

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. JO_75

DE Chris Long has announced his retirement.

OL Travis Swanson has announced his retirement.