• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
  • DAK PRESCOTTQB, DALLAS COWBOYS

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports the Cowboys have offered Dak Prescott a contract and are waiting for a counteroffer.
    Slater also reports that the two sides aren't "close" to a deal, but the Cowboys are "very comfortable with Dak (Prescott) being our future." Jerry Jones personally said he's "sold" on Prescott, so it appears that it's just a matter of getting the details straightened out. Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Clarence Hill said the Cowboys are comfortable paying Prescott a salary that approaches $30 million per year.
LMAO at Dak being worth $30M a year.

• DAK PRESCOTTQB, DALLAS COWBOYS

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports the Cowboys have offered Dak Prescott a contract and are waiting for a counteroffer.
    Slater also reports that the two sides aren't "close" to a deal, but the Cowboys are "very comfortable with Dak (Prescott) being our future." Jerry Jones personally said he's "sold" on Prescott, so it appears that it's just a matter of getting the details straightened out. Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Clarence Hill said the Cowboys are comfortable paying Prescott a salary that approaches $30 million per year.
LMAO at Dak being worth $30M a year.

As a Giants fan I really hope they do lock him up to that kind of contract. Definition of mediocre QB propped up by his OLine and Zeke.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I’m imagining they’re both retiring surely...
Yeah that'd make sense given the Seahawks aren't really in a position to run a tank squadron. But it does seem a little weird to just cut them in this part of the off-season rather than let them retire on their own terms.

Doug Baldwin was always one of my favourite non-Ravens players so it'll be a shame to see him go even though he's been regressing.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As a Giants fan I really hope they do lock him up to that kind of contract. Definition of mediocre QB propped up by his OLine and Zeke.
no kidding. If they lock him up, atleast they won't land one of the better QB's coming out next year. Can't believe the stupidity. Then again, yes I can.

Giants signed Remmers, as expected. 1/2.5m. He was a slightly above average or so RT before being moved to guard, so potentially an upgrade to finish the OLine.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Given JPP’s status I’m surprised mccoy’s still on the trade block
Honestly, if I'm TB I'm on the Tank for Tua train. Jameis is too inconsitent and giving him big money would be stupid, plus Winston, while not a bad QB is also a character problem.

I'd trade away high value assets while they can. They have a couple of nice young defenders to build around. They could use all the capital they could get. They're not gonna win their division anyways. They're not in position to beat others in likely the hardest division in the league.

Honestly, if I'm TB I'm on the Tank for Tua train. Jameis is too inconsitent and giving him big money would be stupid, plus Winston, while not a bad QB is also a character problem.

I'd trade away high value assets while they can. They have a couple of nice young defenders to build around. They could use all the capital they could get. They're not gonna win their division anyways. They're not in position to beat others in likely the hardest division in the league.

Such a shame that Jameis has managed to waste all that talent. Maybe he'll be able to turn it around somewhere else with the right coach/system, but Tampa's gamble on him maturing definitely lost so far.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So through all this talk, I have a question.....

WHY THE FUCK IS TYREEK HILL STILL EMPLOYED.

Jesus Chiefs, Kareem Hunt did far less and you cut his immediately. Hill is on record on beating his kid and threatening his partner. You did the right thing by suspending him, but he’s a monster. Cut his ass and Goddell should bar him after that.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

JOE FLACCOQB, DENVER BRONCOS

Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.
"I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "I’m not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don’t look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.
"I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "I’m not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don’t look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.

What can Flacco even teach him? Throwing check downs?
tbh most of us would handle it in the same manner...This mentoring stuff we hear every draft is so overrated, at the end of the day we're all trying to keep our job.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What can Flacco even teach him? Throwing check downs?
tbh most of us would handle it in the same manner...This mentoring stuff we hear every draft is so overrated, at the end of the day we're all trying to keep our job.

I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco has a good season in Denver and has them in playoff contention. I liked the Fangio hire, their defense is already solid and will only improve with Fangio running the defense. They went out and improved the OL with Ju'Waun James at Right Tackle, drafting Dalton Risner who is currently playing Left Guard in OTAs. They drafted Noah Fant with Joe's favorite position to throw to, was the Tight End. Might be in play for the 6th seed in the AFC.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
So through all this talk, I have a question.....

WHY THE FUCK IS TYREEK HILL STILL EMPLOYED.

Jesus Chiefs, Kareem Hunt did far less and you cut his immediately. Hill is on record on beating his kid and threatening his partner. You did the right thing by suspending him, but he’s a monster. Cut his ass and Goddell should bar him after that.
If it were up to me, I would sling that punk's butt in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.... I can't stand women and children beaters/abusers!

Tank

Hall of Famer

lol As is usually the case they left out key words, paraphrased and added their own opinion of what he was saying to spin the story the way they wanted it to look. Here's the "full version".

"Listen, I have so many things to worry about. I'm trying to go out there and play the best football of my life,'' Flacco told reporters Monday following the Broncos' first day of organized team activities. "As far as a time constraint and all of that stuff, I'm not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does it well. I don't look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team.''

Flacco emphasized that Lock would learn best from offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello, who spent the past two seasons as a quarterbacks coach with the San Francisco 49ers.

"I'm not a selfish person, I don't think," Flacco said. "There are times where you have to be selfish. But listen, Rich does such a good job in those meeting rooms.

"Drew is going to learn from listening to him talk, and then all of us getting reps on the field and seeing how we all do it as a collective group and as a quarterback. Listen, I hope he does learn from me because that means we're out there and we're slinging it around and having a lot of fun because he's going to learn by watching us do it and watching us do it well. That's how he's going to learn the timing and all those things is to be able to see it on film and hear Rich talk about it with me and digest as much as possible."

Last edited: